ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast Story about Anonymous former Elite UK recruit whose parents told UK to "get away from me"

Jan 27, 2016

Starts at the 50:35 mark while discussing Duke and UK not recruiting Holmgren
Any guesses on who this player is?
Also talk about DJ Wagner being a UK Lock afterwards

Reactions: RunninRichie

Starts at the 50:35 mark while discussing Duke and UK not recruiting Holmgren
Any guesses on who this player is?
Also talk about DJ Wagner being a UK Lock afterwards

My first guess is Josh Jackson. His mom was pretty adamant from day 1 that her son would not play for Kentucky. Of course we later found out she had her hand out and her and her son were actually bought by adidas.

But to be fair, they actually did tell Cal and UK no before Cal and UK could go through their vetting process, which likely would have led to Cal figuring out that adidas had already sunk their hooks into them and inevitably backing off anyways.

Another one that said publicly he “didn’t like the way UK does things(wasn’t a fan of one and done) was Jabari Parker. Which was ofcourse, laughable in the end.

If we knew who this guy was, where he’s from, what his connection to recruiting was, we could probably narrow it down. I feel like there was another recruit who’s mother was very publicly anti UK from the get go.

My first guess is Josh Jackson. His mom was pretty adamant from day 1 that her son would not play for Kentucky. Of course we later found out she had her hand out and her and her son were actually bought by adidas.

But to be fair, they actually did tell Cal and UK no before Cal and UK could go through their vetting process, which likely would have led to Cal figuring out that adidas had already sunk their hooks into them and inevitably backing off anyways.

Another one that said publicly he “didn’t like the way UK does things(wasn’t a fan of one and done) was Jabari Parker. Which was ofcourse, laughable in the end.

If we knew who this guy was, where he’s from, what his connection to recruiting was, we could probably narrow it down. I feel like there was another recruit who’s mother was very publicly anti UK from the get go.
Trae Young

Marques Bolden

Actually agree with your points on Makur Maker and the future prospects of a move like his for other top recruits. We’ve seen in the past future prospects pay attention to the things that occur to other prospects and if Makur does play for Howard and he averages 20 & 10, puts up a few good games against high level opponents in blowouts it can be a genius move.

People are already speaking about him daily now because of the move and being on ESPN. No doubt the move has created some type of buzz around him as a name than he had prior.

Out of all names mentioned, Trae Young stings the most. I thought he was a Cat all the way, until about a month out or so doubt crept in. Would have been a lot of fun.

Kelly Oubre?He wasn’t interested in Kentucky be a use all the players left after 1 year (were “pushed out”) but he went to Kansas and became one-and-done himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT