ADVERTISEMENT

Please GOD.....

What should happen and what will may be very different things, especially when BIG time money is involved. After the elderly and health professionals, athletes may not be far behind.
Agreed....but isn't that entire argument part of the "Institutional bias, etc..." that some of the same athletes are protesting, etc...Nevermind that last sentence...

I agree if a vaccine occurs, there will be a pecking order of 330M people in America and how it gets dispensed will be worth noticing.

Agreed....but isn't that entire argument part of the "Institutional bias, etc..." that some of the same athletes are protesting, etc...Nevermind that last sentence...

I agree if a vaccine occurs, there will be a pecking order of 330M people in America and how it gets dispensed will be worth noticing.

I will volunteer to be dead last. Pun very much intended. The sheeple can get all the candy and puppies they want from Bill Gates it's all yours just hop in the van

If dudes are able to go home, go out to eat, go to clubs, etc...after practice in addition to traveling to from games.....there isn't such thing as a virtual bubble. That is what baseball teams are doing in a sport that is much less contact than football.

If I was NFL, I'd be trying to get all the teams in a place like Orlando, etc.. (or get a few regional sites if that works).. .and you basically stop guys from leaving the complex for 4 months while trying to get thru a season. I just don't see a viable path to keep COVID out of your team any other way....which is virtually impossible for college teams given student athletes have class and there is that little thing....they aren't paid to go thru all of this like professional athletes are.

If dudes are able to go home, go out to eat, go to clubs, etc...after practice in addition to traveling to from games.....there isn't such thing as a virtual bubble. That is what baseball teams are doing in a sport that is much less contact than football.

If I was NFL, I'd be trying to get all the teams in a place like Orlando, etc.. (or get a few regional sites if that works).. .and you basically stop guys from leaving the complex for 4 months while trying to get thru a season. I just don't see a viable path to keep COVID out of your team any other way....which is virtually impossible for college teams given student athletes have class and there is that little thing....they aren't paid to go thru all of this like professional athletes are.

Or maybe we could start letting adults make their own goddamn decisions. Athletes or anyone for that matter don't want to be in a bubble. These are people who play a violent game and have sex with a different woman every three days and take steroids. Why are we worried about wuhan flu

Reactions: Pelosigalore
I won’t be watching any event that has been politicized. NBA, MLB and NFL are dead to me. I only wish enough people stopped watching/attending to make them realize their choices have negative consequences.
Amen brother, I am through with MLB, NBA and NFL. Players, Owners should keep sports as sports and their political views outside of their job or Franchise. My dad was 100% disabled from the Korean War and my family stands for the National Anthem and refuses to support a Marxist organization.

Reactions: UKGrad83
Or maybe we could start letting adults make their own goddamn decisions. Athletes or anyone for that matter don't want to be in a bubble. These are people who play a violent game and have sex with a different woman every three days and take steroids. Why are we worried about wuhan flu
Well the Marlins players and coaches that got infected by just being in the clubhouse didn't really get to make their own "g%*$*#" decision did they not? That is the whole point of this difficult situation. This is one of a handful most contangious (not always dangerous) things we've ever seen in our lifetime....and it is so contangious that those who want to do things their way do impact others that maybe don't want to do things that way.

Well the Marlins players and coaches that got infected by just being in the clubhouse didn't really get to make their own "g%*$*#" decision did they not? That is the whole point of this difficult situation. This is one of a handful most contangious (not always dangerous) things we've ever seen in our lifetime....and it is so contangious that those who want to do things their way do impact others that maybe don't want to do things that way.

so don't play baseball and get a real job ? Or sit at home until Christmas ? I don't really care but people who want to earn a living should be allowed to do it and we certainly don't need the freakin government picking winners and losers in that regard

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT