ADVERTISEMENT

Please GOD.....

You nancies sound like a bunch of commies with that attitude about baseball. It hasnt stopped being awesome.

You want boring go watch soccer. 90 minutes of running and flopping. Just the absolute worst.

Baseball and football are all that matter. The NBA is absolute garbage. Im gonna give the NHL a go this season. I dont really know the rules but I can dig it.

But yes, we ALL want football.

You nancies sound like a bunch of commies with that attitude about baseball. It hasnt stopped being awesome.

You want boring go watch soccer. 90 minutes of running and flopping. Just the absolute worst.

Baseball and football are all that matter. The NBA is absolute garbage. Im gonna give the NHL a go this season. I dont really know the rules but I can dig it.

But yes, we ALL want football.
Just learn the offside and icing rules and hockey is easy to follow. Great blend of speed and power.

I forgot about golf. I'll call it a tie

I’ve never really understood those who say the pace of baseball is boring but love football. Obviously, I like both. But 40 seconds between plays and constant penalties can make football very slow.

baseball just takes a little more to appreciate it, you gotta recognize a good pitch and why someone doesn’t swing at it. There’s always something happening but it’s just not as obvious imo

I’ve never really understood those who say the pace of baseball is boring but love football. Obviously, I like both. But 40 seconds between plays and constant penalties can make football very slow.

baseball just takes a little more to appreciate it, you gotta recognize a good pitch and why someone doesn’t swing at it. There’s always something happening but it’s just not as obvious imo
I never understood how anyone can say baseball isn't boring. The sports don't even compare. The pace of football is no where near as slow as the pace of baseball.

I never understood how anyone can say baseball isn't boring. The sports don't even compare. The pace of football is no where near as slow as the pace of baseball.

play
40 seconds of huddle
Play
40 seconds of huddle

Baseball Is constant action just not as pronounced.

Reactions: ciphercomplete
Division finals and World Series are fun to watch. If only we could skip the regular season completely.

Same for the NBA. The stars don’t make a proper effort until the division semis.

Football. It’s the sport of kings. Better than diamond rings. Football.

Personally as long as I got baseball, I don’t need much else in life. I’d love to have football but yeah, it’s a distant #2 to MLB
I absolutely loved MLB when I was younger. All of the strikes (especially the one in 94), the juicing, etc have really sapped my love of the game. Sadly I’ve realized during the Covid downtime that I don’t miss it all that much. The social justice posturing doesn’t excite me either but to each his own.

According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL gameis about 11 minutes.Jan 15, 2010

According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL gameis about 11 minutes.Jan 15, 2010

football does a great job at killing the dead time on tv with replays and talking to the commentators. Like I said, baseball always has action but it’s often very subtle. I’ll watch both but baseball always #1 in my heart

football does a great job at killing the dead time on tv with replays and talking to the commentators. Like I said, baseball always has action but it’s often very subtle. I’ll watch both but baseball always #1 in my heart

also I bet if football did 1 and 2 points instead of 3 and 6 for a td than more people would realize how slow it really is. The scoring gives the illusion for a faster pace game

Reactions: ciphercomplete
I’m no rules expert and I’m sure this has all been considered by the MLB, but a Pitch clock, like a play clock, would be great. I’ve watched enough baseball to know that most pitchers get the ball off in 20-30 seconds.

What slows the game down more is other stuff. A batter should only be able to step out of the box 1-2 times. Any more and it should be a strike. Wish they could do something about throws over to first, but thats tougher. Maybe an automatic ball if more than 1-2 throws over. Pitching changes slow the game down a bunch too. Maybe a 2 minute timer on that. Many games already go an ideal 2 and 1/2 hours, but they always should IMO.

More bad news:

Campuses will expose college players just as much if it more than MLB players in their daily routines. Hard to see at this point how any sports work unless they are in bubbles like NBA and MLS. At least as of late July.

Reactions: K_TIME
More bad news:

Campuses will expose college players just as much if it more than MLB players in their daily routines. Hard to see at this point how any sports work unless they are in bubbles like NBA and MLS. At least as of late July.
Bingo...what we may learn is if NBA and NHL doing the bubble approach get in their season and MLB is struggling in a non bubble approach....that is how football and basketball will have to adhere until a vaccine occurs.

So then the question is....can each SEC team bubble their squads on campus (probably not if they have to go to class and they'll naturally be around other friends). I don't see a way that all SEC teams can take their squads off campus and bubble them in a single city for 2 months (like Birmingham) and just play games all day long on Saturday in a quasi bubble environment.

Marlins just had to cancel series and now Reds have 1 guy test positive and 2 other players scratch yesterday....and we are just thru the first weekend. So if this starts to happen for more MLB teams....I just don't see how a college sport can replicate what the NBA/NHL bubble approach is.. Most college sports would only be able to approach the MLB approach which may not work. NFL can possibly pull off a bubble approach for 4 months.

Doesn't bode well to me.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
The tweets above say potentially no football this “fall.” Pfizer and Moderna have been awarded hundreds of millions each in grants from the feds in the last few days to accelerate their promising vaccines. Both had small initial trials that were very successful. If successful continues on the next, much larger trials, maybe athletes will be among the first to get the vaccine. If so, we can hopefully still have a season that starts late. See link from today...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/27/mod...g-for-coronavirus-vaccine-by-472-million.html

I truly need some football THIS FALL.
116337801_3088992081177918_8155381814019019232_n.jpg

The tweets above say potentially no football this “fall.” Pfizer and Moderna have been awarded hundreds of millions each in grants from the feds in the last few days to accelerate their promising vaccines. Both had small initial trials that were very successful. If successful continues on the next, much larger trials, maybe athletes will be among the first to get the vaccine. If so, we can hopefully still have a season that starts late. See link from today...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/27/mod...g-for-coronavirus-vaccine-by-472-million.html
Athletes should not be the first to get vaccines. Probably 80% of our society will end up on the list first. Elderly and healthcare workers will obviously be first.

Reactions: K_TIME
So what happens if the vaccines don’t work? No college football ever again?
The schools have to work their way through it.

Athletes should not be the first to get vaccines. Probably 80% of our society will end up on the list first. Elderly and healthcare workers will obviously be first.
If this scenario occurs, you'll see how selfish people really are...and how we value groups of people over another.

It only makes sense that the oldest get this first....they are at greatest risk in all of this. Then I hope this doesn't get into people with more money get it next (which NBA players fall into) and the poorest get it last. This is a big part of our current global healthcare problems in America today...so I hope this doesn't dissolve into athletes get it first...which is probably will.

It already irks me that players get a rapid test daily in a bubble but when I want to visit my elderly parents in Ky I am being told to test and get it in 7-10 days. But this stuff is really part of how all societies operate in general.

What should happen and what will may be very different things, especially when BIG time money is involved. After the elderly and health professionals, athletes may not be far behind.

ADVERTISEMENT