ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington at it again

DkAC8T2UcAADWzH

A couple of months ago I made an infamous post I immediately regretted. I met the team at the RJ Corman train tour in Lexington, caught PJ Washington on an obvious bad day and after seeing him be less than kind to a few fans, posted about it. I threw him under the bus based on one observation.

I’m here to say: boy was I wrong. I apologize to PJ, and to my BBN brethren.

PJ could have been tired. He could have been in pain over his surgery. What an arrogant ass I was. I’m sorry to all. That’s on me.

So here PJ is. Here he is above. Here he is at it again: representing BBN well washing the feet of young children in the Bahamas. Doing the right thing. Good work PJ and all the Cats. Go Cats.
Never berate someone on one observation. Thanks for standing up and making it right.

DkAC8T2UcAADWzH

A couple of months ago I made an infamous post I immediately regretted. I met the team at the RJ Corman train tour in Lexington, caught PJ Washington on an obvious bad day and after seeing him be less than kind to a few fans, posted about it. I threw him under the bus based on one observation.

PJ could have been tired. He could have been in pain over his surgery. What an arrogant ass I was. I’m sorry to all. That’s on me.

So here PJ is. Here he is above. Here he is at it again: representing BBN well washing the feet of young children in the Bahamas. Doing the right thing. Good work PJ and all the Cats. Go Cats.

Now post a pic of yourself cleaning PJ's feet and all is forgiven!! Seriously, that was a nice post and we all have bad days.

THEM RAT BASTARDS!
My neighbors response to all that has went down is, "they all do it". His nephew Mike Abrams played for UL in the 80's. The were dirty under Crum and have obviously remained so......

The 15 second auto wash....hmmm...

Reactions: awf
John Calipari is a good man. I was hoping they would do this again and he did. He’s making these young men into good human beings. And yes it’s to show when they become successful (in whatever they choose to do) to give back. And yes, as someone else said, that’s why we have alums like John Wall and big KAT that give back to kids and their communities.

I know he drives us nuts sometimes with his stubbornness, but we are very very blessed to have a coach like John Calipari.

I live in New Orleans - AD (Brow) is very generous and giving in our community!

OP - don’t beat yourself up. Could be PJ was less than cordial and your critism got back to him and HE changed for the better. I’m sure UK b-ball monitors this forum and reports negative fan reaction from personal interactions. They have to vigilant nowadays

There were stories about Crum back in the day........he was supposedly as moral as Pitino......

Ye Ole leisure suit aficionado...he was John travolta incarnate. Heck, I graduated high school wearing a leisure suit.:rolleyes:

OP - don’t beat yourself up. Could be PJ was less than cordial and your critism got back to him and HE changed for the better. I’m sure UK b-ball monitors this forum and reports negative fan reaction from personal interactions. They have to vigilant nowadays
I actually was thinking this also. The OP is kind of selling out here. PJ was probably an ahole the particular day the OP first posted about. My guess is Cal lit into him, and PJ quickly changed his attitude.

No big deal, but no reason for the OP to try and appease the jock sniffing, players are perfect crowd.

Give up your man card Pike.

I’ll win my wag...uh....in 3-2..

I actually was thinking this also. The OP is kind of selling out here. PJ was probably an ahole the particular day the OP first posted about. My guess is Cal lit into him, and PJ quickly changed his attitude.

No big deal, but no reason for the OP to try and appease the jock sniffing, players are perfect crowd.

Give up your man card Pike.

I’ll win my wag...uh....in 3-2..

:clap:[laughing] You must have "Morg" over for a party more often... i sure do wish I could buy a few...

Reactions: kev69
Good post OP

But personally, I wouldn’t wash anyone’s feet. That’s just gross to me (I understand the religious stuff but hard pass)
“Foot Washing” was a sign of being a servitude. When one person washed another’s feet it showed compassion and willingness to serve. Religion didn’t create it but adopted it because of what it stands for. I’ve washed feet and can tell you it’s a humbling experience.

Powerful stuff. Cal helps to teach these guys humility and is offering them a mental image to draw back on when they become millionaires. It's part of the reason why John Wall can break down weeping on national TV about a child who passes away and why a guy like Boogie is constantly giving back to kids.

They're great people before they come to UK, but Calipari does a masterful job, in only a few months, to stoke that mental image in order to remind them that they have a bigger role to player with the life they're given.
This right here! I’d like it 100 times if possible.

“Foot Washing” was a sign of being a servitude. When one person washed another’s feet it showed compassion and willingness to serve. Religion didn’t create it but adopted it because of what it stands for. I’ve washed feet and can tell you it’s a humbling experience.

I’m glad you get something out of it, I can think of a hundred other ways to learn compassion, servitude, humbleness, etc..I will not touch a foot not belonged by me, my significant other, or my future children

Reactions: Cindog28
DkAC8T2UcAADWzH

40 somthing likes? You do know he is doing as he is told? Im not the one downing PJ but this is a bad example.

He’s not being forced to wash these kids feet.
Really? And the kids all decided to thank everyone in the crowd personally to? These are 18 year old young kids, they don't just come up with this by pulling it out of their a$$.

As part of the goodwill programs Cal runs he involves his players to teach them life lessons. Yes, he was requested to wash the feet.

Really? And the kids all decided to thank everyone in the crowd personally to? These are 18 year old young kids, they don't just come up with this by pulling it out of their a$$.

As part of the goodwill programs Cal runs he involves his players to teach them life lessons. Yes, he was requested to wash the feet.
Not everyone is as simple minded as you. These kids come from great backgrounds and although it’s a team bonding gesture, that does mean they wouldn’t do it on their own.

I’m glad you get something out of it, I can think of a hundred other ways to learn compassion, servitude, humbleness, etc..I will not touch a foot not belonged by me, my significant other, or my future children
Same. My Podophobia is real. Great gesture by the team, but I can't touch a foot.

Great post OP
I’m sure PJ was a bit of a jerk when you saw him...could’ve been having a bad day or was over tired. We all have days like that. Good of you to recognize that and not base your opinion solely on one interaction.

As to this particular service: there is nothing more humbling than washing another’s feet. But it wasn’t even really about the action. It was about creating a servants heart. It was about humbling ones self and learning to recognize that no matter how bad you might have it, someone else is worse off.

THEM RAT BASTARDS!
My neighbors response to all that has went down is, "they all do it". His nephew Mike Abrams played for UL in the 80's. The were dirty under Crum and have obviously remained so......
Yep; Robbie valentine always had a new Caddy...the players had "jobs" at the car dealers.
Similar to what UK was busted for...

Yep; Robbie valentine always had a new Caddy...the players had "jobs" at the car dealers.
Similar to what UK was busted for...
When and what was UK busted for exactly? New cars ... jobs at car dealerships? I don't remember that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT