ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington at it again

PikeCat15

Gold Member
Nov 3, 2016
DkAC8T2UcAADWzH

A couple of months ago I made an infamous post I immediately regretted. I met the team at the RJ Corman train tour in Lexington, caught PJ Washington on an obvious bad day and after seeing him be less than kind to a few fans, posted about it. I threw him under the bus based on one observation.

I’m here to say: boy was I wrong. I apologize to PJ, and to my BBN brethren.

PJ could have been tired. He could have been in pain over his surgery. What an arrogant ass I was. I’m sorry to all. That’s on me.

So here PJ is. Here he is above. Here he is at it again: representing BBN well washing the feet of young children in the Bahamas. Doing the right thing. Good work PJ and all the Cats. Go Cats.

Where are the Cal haters now?

Powerful stuff. Cal helps to teach these guys humility and is offering them a mental image to draw back on when they become millionaires. It's part of the reason why John Wall can break down weeping on national TV about a child who passes away and why a guy like Boogie is constantly giving back to kids.

They're great people before they come to UK, but Calipari does a masterful job, in only a few months, to stoke that mental image in order to remind them that they have a bigger role to player with the life they're given.

All that being said , this is awesome. Cal is genuinely a very nice and caring man.
It’s a shame so many want to hold onto their preconceived notions about him and not realize the caring and wonderful human he actually is.

Meanwhile UL is recovering from literally the biggest scandals in NCAA basketball history and still have the audacity to call Cal “dirty”

That is a lesson learned that creates instant riches. (Some will understand that, some won't but it doesn't change my statement.) You cannot plan, make, or use that picture for anything other than an example of a servant's heart. Amazing to me that Cal instills that depth of servitude in his players.

What a life lesson....you will NEVER do without, using that principle.

Yes, I hope that all coaches instill that but...

Last edited:
Where are the Cal haters now?

John Calipari is a good man. I was hoping they would do this again and he did. He’s making these young men into good human beings. And yes it’s to show when they become successful (in whatever they choose to do) to give back. And yes, as someone else said, that’s why we have alums like John Wall and big KAT that give back to kids and their communities.

I know he drives us nuts sometimes with his stubbornness, but we are very very blessed to have a coach like John Calipari.

All that being said , this is awesome. Cal is genuinely a very nice and caring man.
It’s a shame so many want to hold onto their preconceived notions about him and not realize the caring and wonderful human he actually is.

Meanwhile UL is recovering from literally the biggest scandals in NCAA basketball history and still have the audacity to call Cal “dirty”
THEM RAT BASTARDS!
My neighbors response to all that has went down is, "they all do it". His nephew Mike Abrams played for UL in the 80's. The were dirty under Crum and have obviously remained so......

THEM RAT BASTARDS!
My neighbors response to all that has went down is, "they all do it". His nephew Mike Abrams played for UL in the 80's. The were dirty under Crum and have obviously remained so......

Did Crum wash their feet at least?

We all open our mouths at times when we should have kept them closed. It happens. Those of us who cannot forgive and forget are the ones who need to learn from other's mistakes.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
DkAC8T2UcAADWzH

A couple of months ago I made an infamous post I immediately regretted. I met the team at the RJ Corman train tour in Lexington, caught PJ Washington on an obvious bad day and after seeing him be less than kind to a few fans, posted about it. I threw him under the bus based on one observation.

PJ could have been tired. He could have been in pain over his surgery. What an arrogant ass I was. I’m sorry to all. That’s on me.

So here PJ is. Here he is above. Here he is at it again: representing BBN well washing the feet of young children in the Bahamas. Doing the right thing. Good work PJ and all the Cats. Go Cats.

You posted what your perception was, that day. I'm glad you were man enough to come back and admit you were hasty in your first post. All of us make mistakes, but a lot won't admit they made one, and apologize. Kudos.

Many of this countries leaders would learn from this lesson.

Many of this countries leaders would also learn from “keep your hands to yourself”

Granted, playing count the bunyons would make for a hell of a Friday night

Reactions: oceanna
Powerful stuff. Cal helps to teach these guys humility and is offering them a mental image to draw back on when they become millionaires. It's part of the reason why John Wall can break down weeping on national TV about a child who passes away and why a guy like Boogie is constantly giving back to kids.

They're great people before they come to UK, but Calipari does a masterful job, in only a few months, to stoke that mental image in order to remind them that they have a bigger role to player with the life they're given.
Just wanted to say, excellent post, I agree 100%.

Photo op to get seen in a positive light again. Certain he pushed,kicked, punched or pinched one of these kids.

On a more serious note, Cal in a great coach but an even more incredible person. You should always reach back and help others once you get to a spot where you can.

Reactions: kev69
DkAC8T2UcAADWzH

Wow, what a way to get a bunch of "likes"

Reactions: PikeCat15
DkAC8T2UcAADWzH

Don’t be a wimp now. PJ may have been a total ahole the day you saw him, and then he may have been the nicest guy in the world a few weeks later. Nothing unusual about that. We all are moody.
Photo op to get seen in a positive light again. Certain he pushed,kicked, punched or pinched one of these kids.

On a more serious note, Cal in a great coach but an even more incredible person. You should always reach back and help others once you get to a spot where you can.
I heard when the cameras were off the he spit in the kids face.

ADVERTISEMENT