ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino planting the seed to move.

bigbluedon

All-SEC
Oct 17, 2012
Check out article on KSR. Timing is good. Strike while the iron is hot Mitch. Man wants to coach 5-6 more years. Perfect for us. Screw the UL tenure. Time to look ahead. He can get us back where we need to be. Hire the man. You people that don’t want him, don’t have to follow the cats.

Would make a perfect storm for some nice runs without a doubt. Also pitino assistants are extremely successful he could get a Vogel read for the job. People question pitinos character but anyone looking to take the UK job is gonna have baggage.

Check out article on KSR. Timing is good. Strike while the iron is hot Mitch. Man wants to coach 5-6 more years. Perfect for us. Screw the UL tenure. Time to look ahead. He can get us back where we need to be. Hire the man. You people that don’t want him, don’t have to follow the cats.
Pitino can groom rondo or Vogel for the job while bringing back a system of bb we all love

Good news is if he turns out to be washed he wouldn’t be here long enough to cause much harm

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
No one is over the program. I was a fan before and after Rick. I don’t want him back and we don’t need him back. We are gonna put a coach with 1 championship 30 years ago over the people who love the university the most, our fans? How about you don’t cheer for the Cats if we don’t get him??

No, no, no, hell no! Did I mention NO. Now stop

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: KFuqua and ORCAT
It actually would be hilarious if he came back to finish his coaching career. It would be more hilarious if he managed a championship to basically make Cal's tenure seem like a bit of a joke. I imagine he would be into that.

Never gonna happen.

I dislike Cal more than anyone but Cal spanks Pitino regularly. Why would we downgrade and hire Pitino? Makes no sense!

You people that want to hire him can go cheer for Iona and get out of here

I dislike Cal more than anyone but Cal spanks Pitino regularly. Why would we downgrade and hire Pitino? Makes no sense!
Pitino is pretty clearly the better coach at this point in their lives. Also, I doubt Pitino would coach much against Cal at that point so I am not terribly concerned with their head-to-head records. Keep in mind at this point Tubby would be a win compared to what Calipari is doing.

Pitino is pretty clearly the better coach at this point in their lives. Also, I doubt Pitino would coach much against Cal at that point so I am not terribly concerned with their head-to-head records. Keep in mind at this point Tubby would be a win compared to what Calipari is doing.
No Pitino, now let's be quiet about that nonsense

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
Pitino-Bicycle-Crash.gif

As bad as Cal is, either of those 2 would be worse! I’d take Tubby over Pitino tbh tho!

No thanks a 70 year Sex freak never coming back to UK fade away at Ina

Ricky Potato surely he can coach that's not a the question. Question is can he recruit high level off of his bad history and can he compete in the NIL world?
I say HELL NO!!!

You either got to be already set pretty well or you got to have a youngness about you to compete in the NIL world at high level schools. Tino's too old and way too easy to recruit against. He done fellas he done

Reactions: 2Adulterers
Heard conversation on ESPNU radio the other day that he may be the target of Georgetown. Pitino will be 71 by the time next season begins. If he's wanting one more run at it, he better move now.

He's not exactly killing it against Siena and the MAAC.

Idk, I just think he's a little too old to come back here. I think he's a phenomenal coach. Maybe a better overall talent than ANY of the names that we've thrown around.. but he's old, he's got baggage, there will be distractions. I just don't know if he can get it done.

Reactions: bbncal02
Good one! 😂

Reactions: Emarc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT