ADVERTISEMENT

Pipe Smokers

UK82

All-American
Feb 27, 2015
Yeah, yeah. Tobacco bad. Got it. Any pipe smokers out there? I don't smoke a lot but I do collect tobacco pipes. No weed pipes. Not that there's anything wrong with that (Seinfeld).

Reactions: Trollsensor
Smoked pipes, on and off for years. (tobacco free for almost 2 years now)

I always liked high quality corn cobs, because almost nothing smokes better from the get go. I never had much luck with breaking in a briar properly. Always ended up with tongue bite. Had some plain meershaum billiards (which also smoke great)

Used to dilute English blends with 50 percent burley. Stayed lit well, and mellowed the stronger blends out.

Don't know if you're in Lexington, but Schwaab's had an English blend, named after the original proprieter, "Paul's Blend/Stuff, IIRC I think they're on Southland Dr. now.

Last edited:
My dad had a big tobacco pipe when I was a kid. Polished dark grain wood with a black tip. He stopped smoking before I was born but still had it in an old drawer. Used to like smell of it actually. Something romantic about smoking a pipe, seems classy. Never got into smoking but if I was alive in the 40s that’s probably the way I would roll.

My dad had a big tobacco pipe when I was a kid. Polished dark grain wood with a black tip. He stopped smoking before I was born but still had it in an old drawer. Used to like smell of it actually. Something romantic about smoking a pipe, seems classy. Never got into smoking but if I was alive in the 40s that’s probably the way I would roll.
Brought back memories of my Dad. When you mentioned the smell of the pipe, I could smell that smell as if the pipe were right here in front of me. Put a smile on my face thinking about him.

Smoked pipes, on and off for years. (tobacco free for almost 2 years now)

I always liked high quality corn cobs, because almost nothing smokes better from the get go. I never had much luck with breaking in a briar properly. Always ended up with tongue bite. Had some plain meershaum billiards (which also smoke great)

Used to dilute English blends with 50 percent burley. Stayed lit well, and mellowed the stronger blends out.

Don't know if you're in Lexington, but Schwaab's had an English blend, named after the original proprieter, "Paul's Blend/Stuff, IIRC I think they're on Southland Dr. now.
Schwab's had an English blend I loved smoking in my antique Calabash pipe. It was called "Merish". Best English blend I have ever smoked. They haven't been able to make it in years due to the extinction of an ingredient. Schwabs has some great blends. I love "Proud Sultan"

Reactions: UK82
I have a variety of pipes, though most are Meerschaum. I have a few Calabash gourd pipes. I love my morta (bog oak) pipes. I probably have too many pipes now that I think about it

My go-to pipe for Saturday evenings. 10/10. Would buy again.

Marley-Natural-Smoked-Glass-Spoon-Pipe-4_800x.jpg

Schwab's had an English blend I loved smoking in my antique Calabash pipe. It was called "Merish". Best English blend I have ever smoked. They haven't been able to make it in years due to the extinction of an ingredient. Schwabs has some great blends. I love "Proud Sultan"
I remember that blend. It's a shame they can't still make it.

I have a variety of pipes, though most are Meerschaum. I have a few Calabash gourd pipes. I love my morta (bog oak) pipes. I probably have too many pipes now that I think about it
I have about 20 pipes. Unfortunately I don't have a Calabash gourd but I'm checking out the estate pipes regularly. I keep the pipes on display in my man cave in the basement. Pipes, beer steins big speakers and TV, etc.. A lot of y-chromosome type stuff. The only room in the house that my wife doesn't touch.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
I have about 20 pipes. Unfortunately I don't have a Calabash gourd but I'm checking out the estate pipes regularly. I keep the pipes on display in my man cave in the basement. Pipes, beer steins big speakers and TV, etc.. A lot of y-chromosome type stuff. The only room in the house that my wife doesn't touch.
Lol I have my own living room. I house my bourbon and tobacciana stuff in there. My friend Jerry and his wife each have their own house. He's got it figured out.
I do highly recommend the Calabash pipes. My newest is a Strambach. I think I bought it back in 2014? I paid maybe $175. It's now worth $500 or more. Check eBay. Good luck on the Calabash!

Lol I have my own living room. I house my bourbon and tobacciana stuff in there. My friend Jerry and his wife each have their own house. He's got it figured out.
I do highly recommend the Calabash pipes. My newest is a Strambach. I think I bought it back in 2014? I paid maybe $175. It's now worth $500 or more. Check eBay. Good luck on the Calabash!
Plenty.of Pioneer Calabash out there. May buy one..

Old school...

pipe.jpg
Dad used to smoke some brand of cherry pipe tobacco when I was a kid. He had a few pipes and had a holder just like that one. Got a few corn cob pipes that was my FIL's. Years ago I tried smoking the "devils lettuce" out of it. It had old pipe residue in it and made my gorilla glue taste like anything but. Live and learn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT