ADVERTISEMENT

Pilgrim on Hart…

I have a family member that lives in his hometown and has a daughter that goes to his high school. He told me that this kid is legit and can play with anyone. Said he can jump out of the gym, is fast forwards, backwards, and has real lateral speed; is strong enough, and can shoot with a quick release. He said his defense is good not great but thinks he just needs some strength and he will be great there too. We will see. Let’s hope.

I'm liking him more and more all the time.
m0170.gif

Fy1mT7LWwAIUw1E

I have a family member that lives in his hometown and has a daughter that goes to his high school. He told me that this kid is legit and can play with anyone. Said he can jump out of the gym, is fast forwards, backwards, and has real lateral speed; is strong enough, and can shoot with a quick release. He said his defense is good not great but thinks he just needs some strength and he will be great there too. We will see. Let’s hope.

I'm kicking myself because I didn't get video but witnessed it this weekend. Kid can jump through the roof. I posted it in another thread but I'd be shocked if he didn't get significant minutes. He is built to play now. Have no clue how he slid under radar.

Also, you can see in that pic, Adou is huge guys. He has put on 10 lbs of muscle minimum. He is going to be good, telling ya.
If he tightens his handle he could be really good. Kid needs to (and probably will) play a lot of 4 backing up Bradshaw - unless Bradshaw doesn’t play, then maybe he plays a ton. He should not be a primary ball handler this season as he was last season out of necessity. He should be doing what Livingston should have been doing last year.

If we assume Wagner dilly & reeves are locked into mins. Between Shepard and hart who wins out for that role

I've said this. We just need him to stay here a few years. Give me time, and if he'll wait it will be his time. This is maybe a top 3 recruiting class ever here.
We need. Cal does not care about what UK needs. If the kid is good enough to get drafted, Cal will push him. If he's here three years, either he's getting lucky in the dorms or not what Cal is looking for.

Don’t care how good this kid is or how well he performs. He will not see significant playing time under Cal while cal has a roster of 24 mock draft picks on his roster.

We need. Cal does not care about what UK needs. If the kid is good enough to get drafted, Cal will push him. If he's here three years, either he's getting lucky in the dorms or not what Cal is looking for.
This may be a record on here. Someone made a positive thread about an incoming freshman, and there were 12 posts before someone turned it into "Cal sucks."

Would be nice to see a kid or two develop for 3-4 years.

Would be nice to see Sheppard and Hart as our starting Senior backcourt in ‘26-27.

LOL!

I know, I know, it will never happen in this day and age. Especially not at UK under Cal.

If they both stay in college all 4 years, it probably won’t be here.

It seems like kids are staying in school longer, but now they aren’t staying at the same school they start at.

It’s kind of crazy.

I know and he's cost us most likely 2 more titles. Very good coach overall in his career. The greatest recruiter ever, but sucks at what will be best for our program. His job is to coach put Kentucky in the best interest but he sucks at that.

I'll be excited if he and Burks stick around. Just please no more 1 year don't play much and bounce.

Reed, Theiro, Burks and Hart could be nice together if they stick it out as cats.
Those four back, add 2-3 5-star studs, maybe a portal guy or two, and finish with some 3/4-star guys with potential. That would be a good roster for next season.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
If we assume Wagner dilly & reeves are locked into mins. Between Shepard and hart who wins out for that role
I kinda feel like Sheppard is more of a 1 or combo guard. Hart seems like a pure 2G. Could play together some in the future. Would sub for different guys imo.

Reactions: G-PIP
I kinda feel like Sheppard is more of a 1 or combo guard. Hart seems like a pure 2G. Could play together some in the future. Would sub for different guys imo.
I agree. I believe Shepherd's best college position might be PG, although he's certainly capable of playing 2G well - i.e., he's a combo guard. I think he's going to be solid in all aspects of the PG position and possibly excel as a perimeter scorer at the position.

Reactions: UKrazycat2

See Sheppard as a pure 2 in college.

Would be nice to see a kid or two develop for 3-4 years.

Would be nice to see Sheppard and Hart as our starting Senior backcourt in ‘26-27.

LOL!

I know, I know, it will never happen in this day and age. Especially not at UK under Cal.

If they both stay in college all 4 years, it probably won’t be here.

It seems like kids are staying in school longer, but now they aren’t staying at the same school they start at.

It’s kind of crazy.
If a kid comes in as a tier 1 player, to a school that gets those kind of guys every year, and they realize they might be a tier 2 player, they wanna move on to somewhere tier 2 players get more playing time and are prized.

If a kid comes in as a tier 2/3 player, to a school that gets tier 1 players yearly, and they think they can compete for time against those guys and realize they can't then they wanna move on to a school where tier 2/3 players get more playing time and are prized.

No one wants to ride the pine.

Why is Pilgrim 8 days behind my thread that I started last week about Hart's athleticism?

Sports media guys are just guys that people think have some divine insight. Most in fact do not.

You might be surprised how many get their information or "sources" from message boards or Twitter.

If a kid comes in as a tier 1 player, to a school that gets those kind of guys every year, and they realize they might be a tier 2 player, they wanna move on to somewhere tier 2 players get more playing time and are prized.

If a kid comes in as a tier 2/3 player, to a school that gets tier 1 players yearly, and they think they can compete for time against those guys and realize they can't then they wanna move on to a school where tier 2/3 players get more playing time and are prized.

No one wants to ride the pine.
And the Rub here is that a good majority of tier 2/3 players make for better college basketball players than do a lot of the tier 1 players due to experience and overall maturity to their game. A good majority of tier 1 players in college are athletic freaks who are just starting to tap into their own potential and that potential is not realized until a year or two into the league as they leave college after one year.

Reactions: G-PIP
I'm kicking myself because I didn't get video but witnessed it this weekend. Kid can jump through the roof. I posted it in another thread but I'd be shocked if he didn't get significant minutes. He is built to play now. Have no clue how he slid under radar.
He was committed to UCF and as a result slide under the radar.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT