ADVERTISEMENT

PGA CHAMPIONSHIP VALHALLA

cawoodsct

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2006
82/15
Your picks and bets?
Who's going to be there? I will be there Thursday.

OIF.OJY1FMAyTjxvhAtTLJedFw

Most PGA Championship wins:
Walter Hagen 5
Jack Nicklaus 5
Tiger Woods 4
Gene Sarazen 3
Sam Snead 3
Brooks Koepka 3

The purse for the PGA Championship is $17.5 million, with the winner set to receive $3.15 million.

Past winners:
Mark Brooks 1996
Tiger Woods 2000
Hale Irwin 2004 (Senior PGA)
United States Ryder Cup Winners 2008 (16.5/11.5 Paul Azinger Captain)
Tom Watson 2011 (Senior PGA)
Rory McIlroy 2014
OIP.mAB2VbGbxgvU97fGVg_pnQHaE7

PGA CHAMPIONSHIP ODDS:
Scottie Scheffler 3-1
Jon Rahm 10-1
Rory McIlroy 12-1
Ludvig Aberg 12-1
Brooks Koepka 12-1
Wyndham Clark 16-1
Xander Schauffele 18-1
Joaquin Niemann 22-1
Collin Morikawa 22-1
Patrick Cantlay 22-1
Viktor Hovland 25-1
Cameron Smith 25-1
Bryson DeChambeau 28-1
Max Homa 28-1
Hideki Matsuyama 30-1
Jordan Spieth 33-1
Justin Thomas 33-1
Cameron Young 35-1
Tony Finau 35-1
Matt Fitzpatrick 35-1
Tommy Fleetwood 40-1
Tom Kim 40-1
Dustin Johnson 40-1
Tyrrell Hatton 45-1
Min Woo Lee 50-1
Sam Burns 50-1
Jason Day 50-1
Shane Lowry 50-1
Brian Harman 60-1
Sungjae Im 60-1
Patrick Reed 65-1
Abraham Ancer 65-1
Russell Henley 65-1
Sahith Theegala 65-1
Louis Oosthuizen 75-1
Corey Conners 75-1
Keegan Bradley 75-1
Rickie Fowler 80-1
Adam Scott 80-1
Talor Gooch 90-1
Harris English 100-1
Justin Rose 100-1
Si Woo Kim 100-1
Gary Woodland 100-1
Kurt Kitayama 100-1
Daniel Berger 100-1
Sepp Straka 100-1
Tiger Woods 125-1
Keith Mitchell 125-1
Phil Mickelson 125-1
J.T. Poston 125-1
Sergio Garcia 125-1
Mito Pereira 150-1
Billy Horschel 150-1
Eric Cole 150-1
Thomas Pieters 150-1
Ryan Fox 175-1
Seamus Power 175-1
Mackenzie Hughes 175-1
Denny McCarthy 175-1
Christiaan Bezuidenhout 175-1
Victor Perez 175-1
Marc Leishman 175-1
Davis Riley 200-1
Adam Hadwin 200-1
Harold Varner III 200-1
Jason Kokrak 200-1
Robert MacIntyre 250-1
Francisco Molinari 250-1
Joel Dahmen 250-1
Aaron Wise 250-1
Steve Stricker 350-1
Michael Block 500-1

R.2a930ca5c5d509ec1c1944232c552588

How to watch PGA Championship​

All times Eastern

May 16: ESPN+ 7 a.m.-noon. ESPN Noon-8 p.m.

May 17: ESPN+ 7 a.m.-1 p.m. ESPN 1 p.m.-8 p.m.

May 18: ESPN+ 8 a.m.-10 a.m. ESPN 10 a.m.-1 p.m. CBS 1 p.m.-7 p.m.

May 19: ESPN+ 8 a.m.-10 a.m. ESPN 10 a.m.-1 p.m. CBS 1 p.m.-7 p.m.

Alternate telecasts can be seen on ESPN2 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on May 16-17, and ESPN+ from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. on May 18-19

Last edited:
Wife and I will be there Sunday.

First glance, Cam Young looks enticing at 35-1. Hell, he is bound to win sooner or later. Too good not to.

Reactions: cawoodsct
I wanted to go but it’s too expensive

$172 ea currently for Thursday's round. Not terrible.

Will be there either Thur or Fri depending on what the weather says mid week. Going to be a wet tourney, regardless.

I wonder if the guy from 2000 who threw Tiger's ball out of the bush on 18 will be there?

Have never been to a golf event.

How much more of the tourney do you see being there live than you see on TV? I love the sideline details that you see live at a football game that TV never picks up on.

How much more of the tourney do you see being there live than you see on TV? I love the sideline details that you see live at a football game that TV never picks up on.
Plenty. You should go for a day

Wild you can get the self-proclaimed best player in the world at +9000. What a time to be alive.

Took Brooks at 16/1. Has Scheffler's kid still not been born yet?

How much more of the tourney do you see being there live than you see on TV?

You'll see significantly less golf in person than you would on tv but you still should go. Seeing top level pros in person gives you a completely different appreciation for what they do.

Reactions: Tskware
You'll see significantly less golf in person than you would on tv but you still should go. Seeing top level pros in person gives you a completely different appreciation for what they do.
Especially if you go on Thursday or Friday when the crowd is significantly thinner around most holes. You can get real close to almost any pro you can name

Reactions: sefus12 and UKMKG
Got practice round Tix in 08 when RC was there. Was cool to go once. But having gone to the Memorial 25 times, I just am done walking the course to watch other people play with exception of the big ones. I'd def try to go to one day this weekend for a major though.

I’m going Friday. Any advice on what hole to stay at vs. better to follow guys we like around?

Much less, but as * said before, you can get a true appreciation for their talent. Rather than try to see the whole course and follow the best players (you will have a tougher time getting the best viewing spots) then find a few groups you want to see, and try and get a couple of holes ahead of them and watch them come thru, then move ahead to watch other groups. Watching more golfers over a few holes is your best bet for the first time.

If you can squeeze two days, then check out the holes/players you missed in the same format.

I have tickets for Saturday, and Sunday. This will be my first PGA event. How early do I need to get there? I'll have some junior golfers with me, any advice on getting autographs or meeting the pros?

I will be there Saturday. Not really all that excited about the parking set up with the shuttles. In past years, it has been an absolute nightmare. I will do what I always go. Park on a hole for awhile then walk the course following a group or two. I've seen Tiger multiple times. This year I will probably follow Scheffler or Rory for awhile. And as always, spend way to much is the souvenir tent on the way out.

Reactions: UKMKG
How long is your shift each day?

Do you have to pay to volunteer?

6 days is a big commitment- will you get bored?

About 6 hrs and yes you have to pay - includes 2 shirts, hat & pullover in addition to food & snacks.

Was not my intent to do 6 days but was asked to be a hole captain and we only had 4 to cover 14 shifts. And yes, it can get a little boring

I know tskware, Trubluecatfan, and myself have marshalled the Barbasol before, and I also did 2 days at the WGC event at Firestone before they moved to Memphis. It has it's pro's and con's, but you ideally you want to be on a tee box or a green, imo, in order to see (and hear) the players.

Golf channel Live From The PGA :
Monday:

• 7-9PM (Golf Channel/Peacock): Live From the PGA Championship

Tuesday:
  • 9AM-5PM (Golf Channel/Peacock): Live From the PGA Championship
Wednesday:

• 9AM-5PM (Golf Channel/Peacock): Live From the PGA Championship

I’m going Friday. Any advice on what hole to stay at vs. better to follow guys we like around?
I like hanging out on the par 5 7th hole green. You can see them hitting their second shots into the green. The par 3 8th is right behind you. The 4th tee is just off to the left so you can see who's heading your way.

Rory has won 2 tournaments over the past month. He's a streaky player by nature so he's coming into this tournament with a lot of momentum.

C. Gotterup, Matt Pavon, Jake Knapp, Austin Eckroat, and Bryce Garrett are though!

Brooks doesn't have a chance against actual Tour winners!!!
Congrats on what will probably be the dumbest take in this thread. I don’t care what you think about LIV, Brooks is absolutely one of the most dangerous guys in the field this week. I mean he’s only won the PGA three times, including last freaking year.

Edit: I obviously missed the sarcasm. Glad I could give many of you a chuckle.

Last edited:
Congrats on what will probably be the dumbest take in this thread. I don’t care what you think about LIV, Brooks is absolutely one of the most dangerous guys in the field this week. I mean he’s only won the PGA three times, including last freaking year.
Was it the the three exclamation points that threw you off?

Reactions: Kentucky81
He was kidding, Bo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT