ADVERTISEMENT

Perry announcing on the 12th

I could see Perry having a plan of proving himself at another Div. I school (where he might have an opportunity for a bigger role more quickly), and then transfer to UK for his final couple of years. If UK recruits him out of the transfer portal, then they’re bringing him in to play right away.

Regardless of how he gets to UK – directly out of high school or via the transfer portal - I think it’s a huge mistake if Perry doesn’t take advantage of an opportunity to play at UK. As an in-state player with the all-time high school scoring record, failing to understand and capitalize on the opportunities that playing for UK would bring him (continuing long after his playing days are over) would be the opposite of smart.

#2 in state player just committed to South Carolina, 6’7” guard who played AAU with Reed last year and was a stud this year for Midwest. Didn’t even get a call from UK. Would hate to miss out on good in-state kids if Perry goes elsewhere.

#2 in state player just committed to South Carolina, 6’7” guard who played AAU with Reed last year and was a stud this year for Midwest. Didn’t even get a call from UK. Would hate to miss out on good in-state kids if Perry goes elsewhere.
Name ? Rank?

To be offered and to be really recruited, we really want you here are two different things.

Oh give me a break. There are only so many scholarships to go around. To be offered one means they freaking want him. If he doesn’t want to come here it’s because he doesn’t think he’ll play. Well sorry but you can’t be one-dimensional at UK. You need to be able to pass, defend, and score at all levels. If this kid can do all that (like Reed) then he shouldn’t be afraid to come here. If he can’t, then he’ll do great at a program like Ole Miss.

Oh give me a break. There are only so many scholarships to go around. To be offered one means they freaking want him. If he doesn’t want to come here it’s because he doesn’t think he’ll play. Well sorry but you can’t be one-dimensional at UK. You need to be able to pass, defend, and score at all levels. If this kid can do all that (like Reed) then he shouldn’t be afraid to come here. If he can’t, then he’ll do great at a program like Ole Miss.

This.

Keep cringing when people even compare this kid to Shep. Night and day on the talent scale.

I'm sure he will go to ole miss, play zero defense, but score well and put up good offensive numbers when UK plays them due to jacking up a ton of shots and the dumb UK fans will ignore our players scoring all over him.

Why was CPS never called? No way to raise a KY kid.

Lyon County might as well be Missouri. It’s a different world than, say, a kid growing up in the mountains or the bluegrass. The passion for UK is not as strong out there, IMO.

Lyon County might as well be Missouri. It’s a different world than, say, a kid growing up in the mountains or the bluegrass. The passion for UK is not as strong out there, IMO.
That's definitely not true. I live in an adjacent county to Lyon County and have a camper in Lyon Co, so I spend most of my summer there, and people are just as obsessed with UK basketball as anywhere in the state.

This.

Keep cringing when people even compare this kid to Shep. Night and day on the talent scale.

I'm sure he will go to ole miss, play zero defense, but score well and put up good offensive numbers when UK plays them due to jacking up a ton of shots and the dumb UK fans will ignore our players scoring all over him.
Reed is much more athletic and stronger. Perry is better offensively.

Cal never used all of them. But I could see why he would not come to Ky. He might want to play more than he would here.

Reactions: UKortho
We may have offered but I don’t get the sense we made him a priority at all Which is fine. Would love to have him here but he’s probably going somewhere else in the Sec.

Reactions: FtWorthCat
Reed is much more athletic and stronger. Perry is better offensively.
You seem to have direct knowledge that Perry is not coming to UK out of high school – or maybe that’s just the widely believed scuttlebutt in Lyon Co. and you’re familiar with that belief. Either way, I’ll take your word for it. I know I certainly have no idea about it.

But, as I’ve said before, I do think it would be a huge mistake for Perry to pass up an opportunity to play for UK – IF the circumstances are right. One of the things that I think could make the circumstances “right” is developing into a decent scorer (or maybe even just a really good shooter) at another Div. I program with less immediate competition (Ole Miss or Purdue likely fit that) and then transferring to UK as an upperclassman when playing time and his role would be much more clearly defined.

If Perry is going to be an NBA player, then I would think he should do whatever makes that most likely – which may very well be playing somewhere else besides UK for his entire college career. But if he is instead going to be a good college player (or useful role player) then I think the opportunities that open up to him for the rest of his life by playing for UK would make the most sense.

Would you have enough knowledge about the situation to speculate on the future transfer possibility?

Reactions: FtWorthCat
You seem to have direct knowledge that Perry is not coming to UK out of high school – or maybe that’s just the widely believed scuttlebutt in Lyon Co. and you’re familiar with that belief. Either way, I’ll take your word for it. I know I certainly have no idea about it.

But, as I’ve said before, I do think it would be a huge mistake for Perry to pass up an opportunity to play for UK – IF the circumstances are right. One of the things that I think could make the circumstances “right” is developing into a decent scorer (or maybe even just a really good shooter) at another Div. I program with less immediate competition (Ole Miss or Purdue likely fit that) and then transferring to UK as an upperclassman when playing time and his role would be much more clearly defined.

If Perry is going to be an NBA player, then I would think he should do whatever makes that most likely – which may very well be playing somewhere else besides UK for his entire college career. But if he is instead going to be a good college player (or useful role player) then I think the opportunities that open up to him for the rest of his life by playing for UK would make the most sense.

Would you have enough knowledge about the situation to speculate on the future transfer possibility?
Perry at ole miss or Cincinnati will get a lot more playing time early then he would at Kentucky

Reactions: G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT