ADVERTISEMENT

Per Jones-Dancing Man Fell and dropped a little girl

Have you seen any real vitriol towards the man in this thread?

I haven't.

Most people seem to feel sorry for the guy.

Doesn't mean his pole dancing routine should continue...

He could easily fall again and injure himself or someone else. Everyone involved was extremely fortunate this incident didn't end in disaster.

If UK/Rupp allows it to continue after this episode, they're brain dead.

I've seen many vitriol comments towards him that are stated or implied. His dancing should absolutely continue though he shouldn't involve others. If you care about him dancing and falling, how about doing a breathalyzer at the metal detector spots to make sure nobody is intoxicated coming in so they don't fall over the seat or down the steps and hurt themselves or my child?

I've seen many vitriol comments towards him that are stated or implied. His dancing should absolutely continue though he shouldn't involve others. If you care about him dancing and falling, how about doing a breathalyzer at the metal detector spots to make sure nobody is intoxicated coming in so they don't fall over the seat or down the steps and hurt themselves or my child?
Please stop with the weak ass strawman arguments.

If someone is inebriated to the point of causing danger to others, they should be arrested/ejected as well.

Dancing Man doesn't deserve to be treated "special" or different than anyone else.

keep-a-child-alive-fundraiser-dead-baby-pile.jpg

"You reckon we should finally stop the dancing?"

"Nawww, he's a UK fan"

Have you seen any real vitriol towards the man in this thread?

If UK/Rupp allows it to continue after this episode, they're brain dead.

Unfortunately I believe this to be true. From a liability standpoint, UK & Rupp Arena are now "on notice."

Reactions: brianpoe
So what if that kid hit her head on the corner of the steps or anything and got brain damage? Yes it didn't happen but it can. One hit to the head in a bad spot can do a lot. Would it be alright then and would you still be clapping for him to do more??

You are correct. Before doing anything, things should be thought through. The good and the bad need to be thought about. If he can't think for himself, his caretakers should. He is their responsibility. This should have been avoided.

This thing has run its course, time for the Dancing Guy to retire, per Rupp, per UK, because its an embarrassment and dangerous

I'm sure I will be the odd person out here, but after seeing his apology video I don't feel as sorry for the guy now.

He might be disabled but if he can get upset, know he did something wrong and has the ability to apologize, then he should know better than to do it in the first place.

This is what happens when "special" people are given "special" privileges and we are suppose to turn a blind eye.

Then to top it off he goes around acting like a celebrity asking if people want a picture with him? This guy is no better than KY Joe.

common sense.[/QUOTE

If most people have common sense his caretakers would haves topped this along time ago. Common sense doesn't stop people from laughing and making fun of things. People call us rednecks and trailer park trash, you are inbred, common sense should tell them that isn't true but they still say it.

I'm sure I will be the odd person out here, but after seeing his apology video I don't feel as sorry for the guy now.

He might be disabled but if he can get upset, know he did something wrong and has the ability to apologize, then he should know better than to do it in the first place.

This is what happens when "special" people are given "special" privileges and we are suppose to turn a blind eye.

Then to top it off he goes around acting like a celebrity asking if people want a picture with him? This guy is no better than KY Joe.

Well, his apology was sincere for sure and I felt for the guy. Sure he knew he done something wrong and made a bad judgement call, because you or I have never made one of those. He has became a staple of second half home games and gets what he deserves, most of us find it entertaining and innocent, like it should be. I saw him take about 25 photos last night when I was looking at upgrading my tickets, glad my boys got to get theirs with him.

Reactions: pharm727 and MSU129
Well I just read the article on the guy and I'm fine with them letting him dance. Hell others get up and dance and act a fool at games...maybe not at Rupp as most sit in their seats in the lower level, but in the upper level where I have always watched people are up and yelling. It is dangerous just to stand in the upper section anyhow.

What are the chances that someone in this thread advocating the removal of Darren Moscoe is the guy who has been "competing" with Darren over the last few years?

On a more serious note, I don't think he should have to stop, but he should be limited about where he can dance and the freedom of movement he has. He should have to stay in his row for his safety and fans around him. As bad as it was with that girl, what if he was sliding down the rail himself, lost control, tumbled down multiple rows and took out a few people on the way down? Rupp officials need to allow the act to continue because it may be all this man has, he enjoys it and the majority of the fans enjoy it, but they need to limit where he can dance.

Well it happened pretty fast. He just grabbed her and picked her up.

I don't care how fast it happened. If I had a kid and someone grabbed and held my kid like that and dropped her (accidentally or not) I would have been pretty pissed off. I don't know how old she is but she certainly isn't 18.

Reactions: brianpoe
What are the chances that someone in this thread advocating the removal of Darren Moscoe is the guy who has been "competing" with Darren over the last few years?

On a more serious note, I don't think he should have to stop, but he should be limited about where he can dance and the freedom of movement he has. He should have to stay in his row for his safety and fans around him. As bad as it was with that girl, what if he was sliding down the rail himself, lost control, tumbled down multiple rows and took out a few people on the way down? Rupp officials need to allow the act to continue because it may be all this man has, he enjoys it and the majority of the fans enjoy it, but they need to limit where he can dance.

Not sure what the right answer here is but the fact that it may be "all this man has" shouldn't be any factor.

The game is not being played for him to do his schtick.

What's wrong with KY Joe?

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
Don't know him from Adam but my little fellers have had a picture with him a couple times. He's a fine guy and you two cowards take pleasure in picking on him. I'd sure like to see you do that to someone would could defend themselves. What cowards.

Dudes been a member since 3/10/2010 and has made 62 posts in 6 years. Damn near everyone on of them have been in last 2 days spewing his holier than thou rhetoric on KSR interviewing Katina Powell and being an obnoxious know it all in this thread. Well done sir.

Reactions: kat57 and brianpoe
I do feel bad for Darren. I know he feels bad and that it was not what he intended, to potentially hurt a young girl, to potentially hurt himself or be on national news with the video of it.

But this has to be changed or modified. I am certain it's already been taken care of. If he wants to keep dancing, I think no more in the aisles and using the railings.

As far as the analogy for checking folks to make sure they are not drunk...............I'm all for it. If someone is spotted to be inebriated, then the appropriate folks can take care of it.

If you want this ass clown to continue you're an idiot. It was funny for a season, but the act should stop.

Reactions: kat57 and Willy4UK
Cool.
Devastating loss to Tennessee and we get 7+ page threads on how Cal can't coach.

Blowout win over Georgia and we get 7+ page threads on how Dancing Man can't dance.

Cool cool.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
If I am a lawyer in Lexington and the greater area around it I am trying to find this girl and her parents and convince them that the soreness she feels today after that fall is a serious potential back injury waiting to happen. I'd sue Rupp and UK and win big...slamdunk case. Some animal picks up an underage girl and causes serious emotional and physical distress. Too easy. I doubt dancing guy has much cash to take, but then again he is at every Rupp game in the lower levels...but I'd take it easy on him relative to the big money lawsuits here.

Wow! I thought I was the $hit here.

Reactions: .S&C.
Geez, just let the dude go out to mid-court during a timeout and dance his jig. That way no handrails get molested and all young girls will be safe.
And all of America will know what goes on during timeouts at Rupp Arena. :thumbsdown::cool2:

Nutz on a rail guy needs to be the Y at the next uk game. To have the balls to pick up a kid and go walk the rail knowing your boys are in jeopardy of being injured will make any dude cringe. Imagine he would of fell on the rail, that hurts just thinking of it.

Can we stop Scratch the mascot from climbing the stairs in those clumsy shoes. He or she could easily trip and fall on a fan thus causing an injury

Can we stop Scratch the mascot from climbing the stairs in those clumsy shoes. He or she could easily trip and fall on a fan thus causing an injury

Scratch is a UK employee in a way. This guy is some random fan. If he can do his stupid dance and hurt people...I guess the Nazi Blue shirts at Rupp better let me do it in the upper deck.

I was kind of disappointed nobody in the stands jumped in to help. A little girl gets dropped down the stairs. Should have been 10-20 adults immediately on their feet heading to check on her.

Instead I see people standing up to get a better look?

They also need to stop those half time contests where they pull random fans out of the stands for contests. I could foresee a serious labral or rotator cuff tear

Please stop with the weak ass strawman arguments.

If someone is inebriated to the point of causing danger to others, they should be arrested/ejected as well.

Dancing Man doesn't deserve to be treated "special" or different than anyone else.

+1

This is absolutely a straw man argument and a troll as well. Understand he was not given the best hand in life which is truly not the best situation; however, what was once a fun and innocent dance routine which fans liked has turned into a perverted act of a man grinding and humping a rail in front of a bunch of women and young kids. Nobody came to a game to see that, and guarantee if a couple of women were doing that to a rail the blue costs would come running.

His latest act was stupid and reckless, and that poor girl could be paralyzed or seriously hurt today because of him. They might allow him to dance again, but guarantee there will be no rails or grinding whatsoever. Not to mention I am pretty sure the next time he tries to dance he is probably going to hear a chorus of boos.

Scratch is a UK employee in a way. This guy is some random fan. If he can do his stupid dance and hurt people...I guess the Nazi Blue shirts at Rupp better let me do it in the upper deck.
So you give permission for some people to slide down the rails, got it. I know you must be feeling the Bern, huh?

Ok we all agree the guy does not think or make decisions on a mature level. So why in the hell would we let this guy make a fool out of himself and turn our head's? Just stupid on our part or UKs to let this man continue to embarrass himself for our entertainment. Honestly are people at this point laughing with him or at him? The man cannot comprehend the difference. As logical thinking adults we need to stop this behavior. Even if it hurts his feelings.

Ok we all agree the guy does not think or make decisions on a mature level. So why in the hell would we let this guy make a fool out of himself and turn our head's? Just stupid on our part or UKs to let this man continue to embarrass himself for our entertainment. Honestly are people at this point laughing with him or at him? The man cannot comprehend the difference. As logical thinking adults we need to stop this behavior. Even if it hurts his feelings.

Absolutely. There is a reason people don't dance on the stairs in crowded arenas. That is true for the most normal of us. For someone that faces challenges, such dangerous behavior is completely unacceptable.

The man should be shown the door. No more PC talk. The guys needs to sit his ass down and watch the game, I can't get up and do this and others can't. The excuse that the guy is mentally challenged and we should let him do his thing. Bullshit. I am there to watch the game. This opens the door for anyone with an excuse or agenda to let them run up and down the corridors of Rupp.

It is embarrassing to him and UK. I have physically and mentally challenged people in my family and who I work with. So since he is a mentally challenged guy, than we should just let anyone do this and all others come on and join in. The game is not for his benefit, sorry. I hope the man gets enjoyment from just watching the game. He has to be the show. I don't buy he is just some mentally challenged guy, he is there for himself and himself only. Asking for pictures with people.
There is section where handicapped people who are both physically and mentally challenged sit. They aren't up dancing making the show about them. They are watching the game and loving the action on the court. Not dirty dancing his way to get attention. He looked pathetic carrying that girl, he could have killed her. No excuses and no more of this guy. I don't care what the PC police say, he needs to sit there like everyone else and watch the game and know the game is not about him.

He embarrassed himself and he embarrassed UK, He also is giving the other mentally and physically challenged patrons a terrible name. They go by the book but this ass gets carte blanche to act like he is on a recruiting trip to UL. Let this guy sit.

So you give permission for some people to slide down the rails, got it. I know you must be feeling the Bern, huh?

Yes. We give some people licenses to perform surgeries and fly planes but that doesn't mean everyone gets to do it.

Wonder what tomorrow's cause of the day will be? Yesterday was the immorality of anyone interviewing Katina Powell, today was deft fun dancing man, can't wait tie tomorrow.

Reactions: UK till Death
ADVERTISEMENT