ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State fan encounter today at YMCA in Florida

Mar 8, 2017
I walked into the Port Orange YMCA today and there was a PSU guy standing there with his school shirt on and this was how the (conversation) went

Me: hey what a great game that was in Orlando!
him: who are you?
me: im a Kentucky fan and what a great game , I was there!
him: Kentucky had no business on the field with Penn State
me: oh really, where should Kentucky have been?
him: Kentucky
me: oh cmon don't be a sore loser
him: Kentucky is not in the same class as us
me: you must be a james franklin ass kisser
him: don't you have someplace else to be?
me: don't be embarrassed because you lost to Kentucky and I proceeded to let him know what a LOSER he was LOL

Now I'M positive that's not the mentality of the majority of PSU fans but wow was he ever downgrading Kentucky and gave no respect.

Thought I would share my morning

IMO, it'd have been better to not start the conversation. I could be seen as gloating just to engage a total stranger after a game like that. I flew back yesterday. My entire flight was filled with PSU fans. I didn't engage, they didn't engage, and everyone was polite as we all flew home.

You could've started the conversation better but the guy sounds like an ass-hat anyway. The Penn State fans that were sitting around my group and I were great. Complemented UK and our players and one was mad that Bowden didn't go to Penn State.

I think we beat Penn State out for Josh Paschal too. Can't wait for him to be fully recovered and in beast mode next year.

I work with and know plenty of Penn State fans who have been completely reasonable and complementary. All fan bases have their idiots, but my general opinion of PSY fans is that they are pretty decent. That guy you met was just a POS.

I walked into the Port Orange YMCA today and there was a PSU guy standing there with his school shirt on and this was how the (conversation) went

me: don't be embarrassed because you lost to Kentucky and I proceeded to let him know what a LOSER he was LOL

Now I'M positive that's not the mentality of the majority of PSU fans but wow was he ever downgrading Kentucky and gave no respect.

Hey I’m in PO too. You on vacation here?

This was their coaching staff perspective as well and probably the main reason Penn St lost to Kentucky. Their arrogance and low opinion of Kentucky as a Football Program.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07

I don't buy that. Fake newz.

My entire trip to Orlando was great. I did not witness a single nasty exchange between our fans and those from PSU. I had several great encounters before and after the game. In fact, toward the end of the evening Tuesday i went into a Irish pub near Church Street in full UK gear. The crowd had thinned and I realized once I and the wife sat down that the whole lot were PSU fans I sat down and ordered drinks and said nothing. I was approached by one PSU season ticket holder who congratulated us and we talked about all aspects of the game. Another later came up, congratulated us and bought us a round. He said that winners deserved it. (Yes, I returned the favor)

Anyway, that was the experience I had. Good sportsmanship across the board. Very similar to what I have seen from UGA fans.

Buddy of mine went to the game, interacted with quite a few Penn State fans and had nothing negative to say at all other than witnessing a couple of really drunk/obnoxious ones outside the stadium. He said they were pretty cool to him (Not the two drunks). Every fan base has a few idiots in it including our own.

Buddy of mine went to the game, interacted with quite a few Penn State fans and had nothing negative to say at all other than witnessing a couple of really drunk/obnoxious ones outside the stadium. He said they were pretty cool to him (Not the two drunks). Every fan base has a few idiots in it including our own.

I agree.... we had no problems with anyone at the game and tailgated next to a car load.

This is VERY typical of Penn State arrogance. I'm surprised he didn't say that most of the UK players aren't "Penn State material."

I am glad we are not in the same class as Penn St. we don't protect pedofiles for years and years.

It sure was the mentality of their qb..

Put the shoe on the other foot for a min. UK basketball just got beat by Penn st in the elite 8. A Penn st fan starts talking to at random in the gym bc if your shirt. You gonna give a friendly reply?????

Put the shoe on the other foot for a min. UK basketball just got beat by Penn st in the elite 8. A Penn st fan starts talking to at random in the gym bc if your shirt. You gonna give a friendly reply?????

yes, I would have been considerably more friendly to be honest, especially with a 65 year old man at the YMCA of all places :joy: I was actually wanting to tell him what a great game it was, atmosphere was amazing and how nice the penn state fans were but never got that far

Interesting. In, I think, 2007, when the cats beat Clemson in the MC Bowl, our small group went to Ted Turner's Montana Grill in Nashville after the game.. There were quite a few Clemson fans in there and, to a person, all were polite, nice.and complimentary of the Cats.

I think what the Penn St QB said pregame says it all. pretty arrogant for a team thats less than a TD favorite.

Most of the guys on that team were highly recruited blue chippers. they looked at UK like Florida players did. That we weren't in their league.

Unfortunately for them, a very good team hinges on much more than how good your players were when 18 year old recruits

When we were at the Outback Bowl in 1998 the Penn St fans were the most obnoxious fans

I think we beat Penn State out for Josh Paschal too. Can't wait for him to be fully recovered and in beast mode next year.

We beat out them on one big 4* DE that got introuble his redshirt freshman year . I think a sexual assualt or Rape allegations?⁴ I think he was finnally found inocent but was never allowed to return to team. I can't remember his name but and think it started with P as well. I remember he was supposed to be a great get for UK at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT