ADVERTISEMENT

Pearl Can Coach

Best coach in the sec but hey Cal gave us a moral victory got to give him credit for that.

SEC is the toughest conference for a reason. We have solid coaches.

Pearl, Cal, Barnes, Oats, takes the tops spots.
then you have White (sometimes), Musselman, Davis, and Howland are also pretty good. You also have Frank Martin in that mix who can beat you.

He can at home when the refs give AU a +19 FTA advantage.
Otherwise:
https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/pearl-owns-cal-not-away-from-home…1-9-his-ut-auburn-tenure-most-ass-thumpings.360095/
at UT
2010 lost by 11 at Rupp
2010 lost by 29 in SECT
2011 lost by 12 at Rupp

at Auburn
2015 lost by 35 at Rupp
2015 lost by 24 in SECT
2017 lost by 20 at Rupp
2019 lost by 27 at Rupp
2019 won by 6 in OT in the elite 8
2020 lost by 7 at Rupp
2021 lost by 2 at Rupp to maybe UK’s worst team ever

SEC is the toughest conference for a reason. We have solid coaches.

Pearl, Cal, Barnes, Oats, takes the tops spots.
then you have White (sometimes), Musselman, Davis, and Howland are also pretty good. You also have Frank Martin in that mix who can beat you.
At this point, I would probably put Buzz over Frank Martin.

I know it's hard to win at South Carolina, but that Final Four was the only NCAA tournament appearance he has had there. He's past his prime. It's crazy, but he is only 55 years old. He's aged like milk.

I'd love to have BP if Cal left..He would win titles ..he wouldn't have to cheat here...Does anyone think Cal didn't bend the rules before he got here?

Why would he win titles plural when no one else other than Rupp has? I think he would win his one and make 2 to 3 final fours in 8 to 10 years.

Reactions: CalipariCapo
I know it's hard to win at South Carolina, but that Final Four was the only NCAA tournament appearance he has had there. He's past his prime. It's crazy, but he is only 55 years old. He's aged like milk.
Wow. Without looking I would have guessed he was 67

I think folks forget he almost died. He had a huge health scare and about nearly left this Earth. He’s done really well all thing considering.

I thought it was Oats? 😆
Last year it was. This year it's Pearl. Alabama has a pretty good recruiting class coming in next year, so the grass might be greener again with Oats. Even though his team is sitting at 7th in the SEC, he plays an exciting brand of basketball that guarantees wins...or something.

Reactions: WildcatNC
Why would he win titles plural when no one else other than Rupp has? I think he would win his one and make 2 to 3 final fours in 8 to 10 years.
I think he's that good...with just a little luck Cal would have 3-4...I'd take a title and 2-3 F4's in 8-10 years though

Last year it was. This year it's Pearl. Alabama has a pretty good recruiting class coming in next year, so the grass might be greener again with Oats. Even though his team is sitting at 7th in the SEC, he plays an exciting brand of basketball that guarantees wins...or something.
It's always a "flavor of the season".

Pearl is a hell of a coach, I've always like him.

It's always a "flavor of the season" as to who the Cal haters are crowing about.

Pearl is a hell of a coach, I've always like him, bit the flip flopping on who can I use to sh*t on Cal year by year is comical.
I think he is a good coach that would be a great replacement after Cal hangs it up. HOWEVER, he's only a year younger than Cal.

Reactions: WildcatNC
I actually thought A&M came out with a better game plan than Auburn.
That game plan with Auburn’s talent and athleticism, they would have destroyed us.
I’m much more impressed with the coaching job Buzz done. That was a tough game.
Buzz outcoached Cal.
Pearl didn’t. Instead won on the luck of our player’s injuries and a huge FT advantage.

AU probably has a better team than us this year. However, with our starting guards in the game, I think we beat them.
Looking forward to the Kansas game but we will need a really good effort to beat Miss St. They remind me of Auburn.

Reactions: chroix
I like Pearl. He’d kill it here. But also too risky.
I don’t think there are any more risks. He just got slapped with major violations and received a slap on the wrist. That’s the thing about the ncaa now vs the 80s. I’m not advocating for pearl even though I wouldn’t cry if he was our coach.

Btw 2 of the top 3 teams cheated in massive ways and they are playing ball like nothing ever happened so I doubt flying by the letter of the ncaa law now means anything

You should consider the refs and the free throw disparity plus if tyty was healthy, we'd probably win.

Just need everything thing to work good just to win these tough games.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
AU probably has a better team than us this year. However, with our starting guards in the game, I think we beat them.
Looking forward to the Kansas game but we will need a really good effort to beat Miss St. They remind me of Auburn.
Not counting on TyTy to play in either game. Hope he does.

he’s a been coaching in the sec a long time. i think there was already a consensus that he can coach. would uk ever hire him was a different matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT