ADVERTISEMENT

Pearl: “We came here to win 9 straight.”

Good for you. Pearl is a scummy piece of trash that will never EVER get a sniff here. Most agree. Since you don't, who cares?
Well, I'm not here to lobby for Pearl..... Maybe we can agree on the fact that the NCAA sucks, and their incomplete, or partial regulating of cheating coaches and programs should lead to their disbandment? Replaced with something else?

ie. See UNC academic scandal

Reactions: dynastydreamuk
@flacat22 i don’t totally blame you, ive always been against the idea of Pearl. It’s just that now I think Pearl for 5-7 years would get us back to winning basketball and we desperately need it. I’m afraid if we don’t bounce back in the next few years, we’ll be looking down the barrel of a decade with horrible results. This is exactly how you become Indiana. And the administration at U.K. doesn’t even care theyre just outsiders making money. This program is in a dangerous spot.

So I’d swallow it and hire him. He would definitely win big here, probably a title with UK’s brand. Maybe multiple, who knows.
I don’t want pearl. But I think he’d be better than Scott Drew who everyone wants

Bruce Pearl is a piece of sh*t. Sell your soul to win basketball games? Let Auburn do that. That's their level.

Last edited:
For all the “parity in the sec” excuses I’ve heard, it sure as hell hasn’t affected Pearl…at Auburn of all places!

Pearl with tears in his eyes and fire in his belly. Would absolutely become a legend if KY’s Coach.

I will say this about Coach Bruce Pearl...he wants to win every game. I wish there was a UKMBB coach in Lexington that felt that way.
This is essentially my only wish for our next coach. I don't even care if he wins just as much as Cal has lately. I just need him to WANT to win enough to give everything he or she has to do it.

Bagging on Pearl for operating in the gray and across the line but forget who Cal was when we hired him. He was a cut throat, sneak who’d do whatever it took to win once upon a time. Pearl hasn’t done anything that any other top coach hasn’t done. K, Self, Williams, Cal, Pitino, & all the others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT