ADVERTISEMENT

Never, ever, ever Pearl..

His overall post season results are better than Drew. Plus he is a better fit.
images

In 2012, the team I was most impressed with that we played was Baylor.

Pearl is a shady rule breaker. He’s been caught more than once. He has charisma but he also cheats. No way Barnhart gives him a chance and we are better off without him in the long run.

Reactions: ORCAT
I don't think Mitch will go after Pearl unless his first choices don't work out. But for my part, I wouldn't be upset with Pearl. He has shown he's a top coach. He turned Tennessee around when they were mid-tier SEC and he did the same thing at Auburn. The "issues" he had at Tennessee wouldn't even be a blip on the NCAA's radar now. I think Pearl would do great at UK. I think the only reason many UK fans wouldn't want him is because it would give UT fans an opportunity to say Kentucky has to settle for Tennessee's sloppy seconds, or some kind of nonsense like that. It's a pride and ability to trash talk kind of thing. Truth is, Tennessee fans would have loved to keep Pearl and would likely take him back. Anyway, I'd be fine with it because I think he'd excel here.

I don't think Mitch will go after Pearl unless his first choices don't work out. But for my part, I wouldn't be upset with Pearl. He has shown he's a top coach. He turned Tennessee around when they were mid-tier SEC and he did the same thing at Auburn. The "issues" he had at Tennessee wouldn't even be a blip on the NCAA's radar now. I think Pearl would do great at UK. I think the only reason many UK fans wouldn't want him is because it would give UT fans an opportunity to say Kentucky has to settle for Tennessee's sloppy seconds, or some kind of nonsense like that. It's a pride and ability to trash talk kind of thing. Truth is, Tennessee fans would have loved to keep Pearl and would likely take him back. Anyway, I'd be fine with it because I think he'd excel here.
Agree that Mitch won't hire him unless he gets several other rejections first.

I also understand and appreciate those who don't want him because of his past baggage.

I think he would win big here though, and he has the personality that would help us reestablish our brand and overcome our current "NBA g-league" reputation almost immediately.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
The one coach that I would absolutely despise in this position. Guy looks like a drunk bowler who curses out Little League umpires before telling his wife Theresa to shut up.

Pearl’s issues aren’t limited to Tennessee. What about the violations at auburn? The ones he was able to convince Chuck Person to take the fall for?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT