ADVERTISEMENT

Pearl: “We came here to win 9 straight.”

We don't need to win 9. Just 4 at minimum, 6 preferred. And we still can (probably won't, but still can).

This team cannot defend well enough to (more than likely) make it out of the first round. I hope like hell we do, but Edwards and Wagner cannot play many minutes at all if we want to even have a shot. It’s the 3 R’s all game or we’re out. Calipari is not only not playing that lineup (doesn’t want to show up Edwards and Wagner). He’ll do the opposite, start them, and so the beginning of each half we’ll either hold serve or fall behind. We don’t run out ahead. How he convinced people these lineups are the way to go (no coach has ever done this, ever) I don’t know man.

Without using absolutes, I think anyone who has the ability to be rational and logical knows it’s over. And hopefully Calipari’s tenure is over soon too. I believe he’s definitely on his way out, somehow.

Cal has to go. The only way I would co-sign him staying is if he won the NCAA tournament this year.

We a need a HC who wants to win basketball games regardless of when they are. We need a coach with a winner’s mentality. Not a coach who only thinks how he can get certain players drafted.

I think they can buy Cal out and hire Pearl. And I’ve been against Pearl coaching here but I’d rather have a snitch who wants to win than someone who’s too lazy to even try. There are other, probably more attractive, options that UK has (other than Pearl) but the longer this drags on the more desperate we are going to get.

Cal has to go. The only way I would co-sign him staying is if he won the NCAA tournament this year.

We a need a HC who wants to win basketball games regardless of when they are. We need a coach with a winner’s mentality. Not a coach who only thinks how he can get certain players drafted.

I think they can buy Cal out and hire Pearl. And I’ve been against Pearl coaching here but I’d rather have a snitch who wants to win than someone who’s too lazy to even try. There are other, probably more attractive, options that UK has (other than Pearl) but the longer this drags on the more desperate we are going to get.

Man I have to agree. I’ve always said this program
Is too far above the grade of a guy like Pearl, but at this point, we need lifeblood again after this bloodsucker has us dry. Pearl would take it for sure and do everything in his power to win at the program. He would also be curb stomping Calipari’s legacy, which he would love end to end.

Never in a million years thought I’d say it, but because of the situation it presents, I’d hire Pearl today. Not only has he always wanted a job like this (similar to Calipari when he arrived), showing up Calipari at this program would be something he would work day and night for.

We gave up the “we’re more moral than you” nonsense when we hired Calipari in the first place. Only young fans or his worshipers on this board believe the nonsense that he’s Mr. Ethics. Everyone else believes he’s on level with a guy like Pearl and they’re right to a large degree. Bring in Sweat Hog, we’d be rejuvenated instantly, and he’d commit murder to coach here.

It would also be funny watching Auburn fans do the same thing Memphis fans did, believe he wouldn’t leave. Then to see their program come crashing down and back to the cellar (where it’s headed anyway) would be a cherry on top.

Pearl has been auditioning for this job for years now. He definitely wants it. Let’s roll the dice like we did with Calipari and bring him in.

I don’t know why anyone from Kentucky would want to go to Nashville period. Tennessee’s cities suck, the entire state does minus the mountains. Nashville is a congested mess and way overrated. The triangle area of Kentucky / Ohio and the mountain area is way better - beats the sht out of Nashville. Less traffic, as much to do or more, and less violence. I will never understand the obsession some have with Nashville. When I was growing up in Tennessee Nashville was small and packed a punch. Now it’s foreign and jammed up, not too much more to do.

I rant against Nashville all the time figured one more time couldn’t hurt.
You seem like a Memphis kinda guy.

Say what you want but would trade Pearl for Cal tomorrow
I would trade Kermit the Frog for Cal at this point.

Refreshing Kermit The Frog GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Man I have to agree. I’ve always said this program
Is too far above the grade of a guy like Pearl, but at this point, we need lifeblood again after this bloodsucker has us dry. Pearl would take it for sure and do everything in his power to win at the program. He would also be curb stomping Calipari’s legacy, which he would love end to end.

Never in a million years thought I’d say it, but because of the situation it presents, I’d hire Pearl today. Not only has he always wanted a job like this (similar to Calipari when he arrived), showing up Calipari at this program would be something he would work day and night for.

We gave up the “we’re more moral than you” nonsense when we hired Calipari in the first place. Only young fans or his worshipers on this board believe the nonsense that he’s Mr. Ethics. Everyone else believes he’s on level with a guy like Pearl and they’re right to a large degree. Bring in Sweat Hog, we’d be rejuvenated instantly, and he’d commit murder to coach here.

It would also be funny watching Auburn fans do the same thing Memphis fans did, believe he wouldn’t leave. Then to see their program come crashing down and back to the cellar (where it’s headed anyway) would be a cherry on top.

Pearl has been auditioning for this job for years now. He definitely wants it. Let’s roll the dice like we did with Calipari and bring him in.
Been clamoring for it for a while. Think he could get a title here in as little as 5 years. Then retire. Would be amazing.

The UK fans who stay in Nashville every year to watch random SEC games is just perplexing. Nothing better to do?
They’ve already paid for the hotel, won’t get a refund. Tickets are basically worthless after UK and UT losing. May as well have a fun weekend you’ve already paid for.

Never liked Pearl either since it came out he ratted out the other coach at Southern Illinois was it?
Same here but his desire for a win is unmatched in college basketball. He is a rat, a cheat, etc… but he wins with what he’s got. Never thought I would say that I would want him here but the piece we have now, changes my mind. I don’t want to win at any cost but I sure ain’t enjoying Mr. Asshat as a coach either.

yOu jUsT hAtE cAl!!!!!!!!!

As we lose our 50th game in 4 years.

Yes, nothing to hate about that.

Never liked Pearl either since it came out he ratted out the other coach at Southern Illinois was it?

This board absolutely ripped Calipari to shreds and defended Billy G. And I mean it was nearly unanimous. I stayed in Oxford at the Oxford Inn and everyone there (small group of U.K. fans) were appalled at what we saw him do to the players and the alcohol bottles stacked to the ceiling in his room. It was the worst thing I’ve ever seen traveling with the team. Posted what we saw here, and guess what, ripped end to end.

The head coach at UK projects the same aura as a movie star. It doesn’t matter how awful they are, people here will defend them.

If Pearl was offered tomorrow the same thing would happen. Everyone would pull a Calipari defense and say Pearl was misunderstood and or he’s changed. And guess what? We’d get to win this time too!!

At what point is the CalCult going to just accept they don’t care who the coach is, they’re going to defend them. So let’s go with a guy who at least wins.

Calipari and Pearl are cut from the same cloth. It’s just that Pearl doesn’t give a shit if you know it and Calipari is a narcissist who believes he’s a saint. They are the same guy.

This board absolutely ripped Calipari to shreds and defended Billy G. And I mean it was nearly unanimous. I stayed in Oxford at the Oxford Inn and everyone there (small group of U.K. fans) were appalled at what we saw him do to the players and the alcohol bottles stacked to the ceiling in his room. It was the worst thing I’ve ever seen traveling with the team. Posted what we saw here, and guess what, ripped end to end.

The head coach at UK projects the same aura as a movie star. It doesn’t matter how awful they are, people here will defend them.

If Pearl was offered tomorrow the same thing would happen. Everyone would pull a Calipari defense and say Pearl was misunderstood and or he’s changed. And guess what? We’d get to win this time too!!

At what point is the CalCult going to just accept they don’t care who the coach is, they’re going to defend them. So let’s go with a guy who at least wins.

Calipari and Pearl are cut from the same cloth. It’s just that Pearl doesn’t give a shit if you know it and Calipari is a narcissist who believes he’s a saint. They are the same guy.

Still dont/wont care for Pearl.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff2Reed
@flacat22 i don’t totally blame you, ive always been against the idea of Pearl. It’s just that now I think Pearl for 5-7 years would get us back to winning basketball and we desperately need it. I’m afraid if we don’t bounce back in the next few years, we’ll be looking down the barrel of a decade with horrible results. This is exactly how you become Indiana. And the administration at U.K. doesn’t even care theyre just outsiders making money. This program is in a dangerous spot.

So I’d swallow it and hire him. He would definitely win big here, probably a title with UK’s brand. Maybe multiple, who knows.

Reactions: Fox2monk
If we played the defensive style that Auburn plays w the roster makeup we have, we’d be a 3 loss team tops and the all out favorite to cut the nets down this year. Cal wants to play USCjr/UTAM defense with a roster built to play Pitino, Shaka Smart (VCU days), Bruce Pearl defense

lol, he has 7 out the 9 to go. lmao at lowering onesself to Bruce Pearl to swipe at Cal. Utterly hilarious.
What's "hilarious"ly pathetic is how bad we've sucked in the last 5 years....

I don't dislike Cal, or this team... but we need something better

How's Pearl looking right now to ya'?

Well, Pearl actually gets something out of his big men. Broom was an OVC center and look at him now, he’ got more offense than all three of our bigs. Did pearl develop him or just coach him up. The teams that are playing now for the SEC title actually have game strategies and stick to it.

What's "hilarious"ly pathetic is how bad we've sucked in the last 5 years....

I don't dislike Cal, or this team... but we need something better

How's Pearl looking right now to ya'?
As a UK alum, it would sicken' me to hire that POS. Fortunately, the deadbeat will never get a sniff here.

We don't hire snitches. Just look up his history there, Doc.

As a UK alum, it would sicken' me to hire that POS. Fortunately, the deadbeat will never get a sniff here.

We don't hire snitches. Just look up his history there, Doc.
He didn't do anything that other coaches don't do (turn in other competing, cheating coaches)...his was just made public...

Also, as a UK Alum, I expect more from our BBall teams.... And I feel that the problem is our coach

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
He didn't do anything that other coaches don't do (turn in other competing, cheating coaches)...his was just made public...

Also, as a UK Alum, I expect more from our BBall teams.... And I feel that the problem is our coach
Good for you. Pearl is a scummy piece of trash that will never EVER get a sniff here. Most agree. Since you don't, who cares?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT