ADVERTISEMENT

What Happens When a Dog Catches it’s Tail?

You all were so preoccupied with getting Cal fired you didn’t stop to think about the possibilities once he’s gone. I’m good with it since the buyout is gone but be prepared to wind up with Drew.
It’s a good thing we didn’t get him fired then. He walked away on his own. Breeched his own contract to do so. Now the AD won’t let him come back.

I hope you guys at Arkansas like your new coach!

You all were so preoccupied with getting Cal fired you didn’t stop to think about the possibilities once he’s gone. I’m good with it since the buyout is gone but be prepared to wind up with Drew.
You are spot on with this. I wanted Cal gone after the last few seasons myself, but sometimes our fans are living in a dream world. We are a blue blood, but we are not the only one and there is lots of money being thrown at these guys to keep them from coming here. If you can get the same money or damn close to coach somewhere with far less expectations and fans beating you down day in and day out WTF would you come here. Sometimes the best guy is not the right guy and it will all work out.

So what, the main thing was getting Cal out. The next coach may not end up being “the guy”. But, the next coach will damn sure know what the deal is, compete for titles or you won’t be here for long. If he pans out, great! If he doesn’t, move on quickly. Eventually UK will find the right guy. But at least the process of getting there has started. I’ll take that over accepting more of the same crap from Cal. He either didn’t care about winning anymore or forgot how, either way I wanted him gone. Did you always have a next girlfriend lined up when you current relationship went south? Sometimes you just need to get out of a bad relationship first, then figure the rest out afterward.

Much better coach and ambassador of the program than Cal is at this point. Recruiting awards mean nothing come March. Cal isn’t the Cal of old, easily replaceable.

We didn't get Cal fired, he quit on us. During the season, in February he was trying to run off.

Ohio St, SMU, USC, Michigan and others wouldn't take him. We should be thankful for Arkansas.

If it's drew, I will never understand why we are upset over a coach who built a program from basically nothing to a national title at a place with no basketball history or pedigree. It wasn't who you wanted or thought was the best, boo freaking hoo.

And this ain't over, no one knows what will happen. The statements several coaches like Oats and Hurley have made. Cal said the same 3 days before coming here. Roy Williams said them at the Final Four before taking the UNC job.

Nobody is going to miss losing in the first round to mid majors. Nobody is going to miss none and done players using the university for their own gain. Nobody is going to miss losing to anybody with a pulse the first half of every season.

Drew isn't most peoples first choice but he's a huge overall upgrade from Cal. I'll take it. And stop blaming fans. Cals the one who shit the bed the last 4 years and decided he was too good to try to win games. UK didn't even fire him, he ran off in shame.

Right? Fans were supposed to ignore the crap results because of good recruiting classes? What’s the point of a good recruiting class if it doesn’t win games?

where have I seen the OP before?

oh yea, now I remember

img.jpg

yes, Drew, who’s won at BAYLOR, Who’s got a top class coming in, who can recruit the portal, and is 10 times the floor coach of Calipari. Yes we didn’t think about it but we should have because that’s a deal I’m taking every time.

You Cal guys are absolute trash clowns.

yes, Drew, who’s won at BAYLOR, Who’s got a top class coming in, who can recruit the portal, and is 10 times the floor coach of Calipari. Yes we didn’t think about it but we should have because that’s a deal I’m taking every time.

Drew might stay where he has a new arena and low expectations. Acting like Drew is ours if we snap our fingers is delusional.

Reactions: PrinceofPain
You boomers are ridiculous.

What happened if the dog didn’t catch its tail?

22-10, 7 seed, 1 SEC tournament win, 1 NCAA tournament win, R32 loss ?

Then we’re all here screaming for Cal to be fired and for Mitch to pay the 24 million buyout?

Cal is gone now or he’s gone next off season, he expedited the process and made it cheaper. He will probably have slightly decent success at Arkansas if the NIL budget is what they say it is.

We will also have a higher level of success than 1 NCAAT win in 4 years with Drew as our new head coach.

He quit because of the constant hounding. I’ve been ready for him to leave but it got obsessive and downright nasty, just like with Tubby. Good chance we end up with nothing and it ends up Pope.
Are you saying Cal was going to lead us to anything better than an ass-puckered first round loss that the nation laughed at EVER again?

If not, then SHUT THE HELL UP about regretting him leaving.

Another dumbass post. Had Cal left now or in 5 years, Mitch was going to go for Drew. It doesn’t matter.

Reactions: Ugoff

I’m not a Cal guy. I’m a Kentucky guy. I want what is best for this program. I think if you miss on Hurley, Donovan, Wright, Oats there’s a good chance we wind up with another Gillespie hire.

We have to make a move in the next week or so because of the portal and Donovan is in the playoffs. Probably not happening. Hurley probably not happening. Wright not happening. I don’t totally buy Oats staying at Bama but he put that release out.

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
Are you saying Cal was going to lead us to anything better than an ass-puckered first round loss that the nation laughed at EVER again?

If not, then SHUT THE HELL UP about regretting him leaving.
First of all you are acting like a complete jerk in almost all your posts, so I feel bad for you. I pity you..

Secondly I’ve said a thousand times I wanted him gone. I’ll even be refreshed if it’s Pope and take the lumps that come as he grows.

Enjoy the rest of your existence. Luckily for the Ignore button I’ll never have to see, or pity you, again. 😆

First of all you are acting like a complete jerk in almost all your posts, so I feel bad for you. I pity you..

Secondly I’ve said a thousand times I wanted him gone. I’ll even be refreshed if it’s Pope and take the lumps that come as he grows.

Enjoy the rest of your existence. Luckily for the Ignore button I’ll never have to see, or pity you, again. 😆
Lately, sure, I've been mad. For good reason! Things are coming to a boiling point in this program. Cal has sucked, EVEN HE KNOWS IT, and he quit because he knew he couldn't do better.

So those of us who want better are pissed.

I guess maybe there are people who don't mind sucking ass at basketball who are above it all? Fine, but I'm not like that.

i actually admire cal for leaving in an honorable way, except for going to a rival. he left good players and recruits, some will stay, some won’t. he left of his own accord so uk wasn’t on the hook for the $33m buyout. he could’ve made it pretty ugly but he didn’t. too bad he lost focus of what his job was supposed to be at uk.

i actually admire cal for leaving in an honorable way, except for going to a rival. he left good players and recruits, some will stay, some won’t. he left of his own accord so uk wasn’t on the hook for the $33m buyout. he could’ve made it pretty ugly but he didn’t. too bad he lost focus of what his job was supposed to be at uk.
I think that part is getting lost in this. If he wanted to he could have held to that contract and gotten his $33 million. He could have really screwed us but left us in an amicable fashion with lots of money to play with.

Reactions: know1
I think that part is getting lost in this. If he wanted to he could have held to that contract and gotten his $33 million. He could have really screwed us but left us in an amicable fashion with lots of money to play with.
So wait now we're praising the coach we literally prayed we could get rid of because he didn't screw us financially? This is surreal.

So wait now we're praising the coach we literally prayed we could get rid of because he didn't screw us financially? This is surreal.
not praising him for his coaching, just giving him credit for how he decided to leave. the separation could’ve lasted another couple of years, with more embarrassing losses and more bitterness but now we get a new start. so yes, praising him for that.

Reactions: Taiza
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT