ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Finebaum

i_bleed_blue_01

Sophomore
Jun 24, 2007
The voice of SEC Football said it best today on his show...

The loss to the Vols cost UK a New Year 6 game of either the Peach or Fiesta Bowl and would have been a celebration of epic proportion and the season was damaged badly by the loss.

You can spin it however you like it, but he speaks it like it is.

The loss to the Vols cost UK a New Year 6 game of either the Peach or Fiesta Bowl and would have been a celebration of epic proportion and the season was damaged badly by the loss.

That is what I have been thinking. We should not have lost that game.

What will really pi$$ you off will be the results of the UT- MIZZOU game this weekend. Vols think they have arrived because we had a bunch of players who decided not to show up in Knoxville. That win is fools gold. Missouri game will show us how bad we stunk it up Saturday.
Old Smokey could have beat our dogs all by himself Saturday.
Stoops and this team lost national credibility by not showing up Saturday.

I’ve been told if we finish 9-3 even if we look like crap doing it that I should be happy to be 9-3 and should thank our savior Stoops for giving us all something to enjoy.

I didn’t enjoy 2nd half of South Carolina
I didn’t enjoy beating a bad Vandy team by one score
I didn’t enjoy the Missouri game except for the very last play
I didn’t enjoy any of the Georgia or TN games.

First half of the season was something we as fans could all be proud of and certainly felt for once we belonged in the big time football discussion (even if just for this year). But the last 4 games and including the 2nd half of SC, there hasn’t been any fun at all and it’s been like pulling teeth watching the games. No reason to be concerned though according to stoops!!!

It was embarrassing and humiliating. It not only would've boosted UK's product it would've damaged UT's. That these guys were so unprepared and unfocused is unforgivable. I said earlier this was the most gutless game of the Stoop's era. No good, nothing, zilch, na-da...came out of that game.

I want UT and UGA moved to the first half of the season.

It seems to me we're just running out of steam. Players are hurt, scouting reports are more comprehensive.

I'd rather start off the season UL, UF, UT, UGA then take a break with some cream puff OOCs, and finish the season with SC, Missouri, Vandy.

It’s the truth. UK pissed away a tremendous opportunity. It doesn’t help to put lipstick on that pig of a loss.

I’ve been told if we finish 9-3 even if we look like crap doing it that I should be happy to be 9-3 and should thank our savior Stoops for giving us all something to enjoy.

First half of the season was something we as fans could all be proud of and certainly felt for once we belonged in the big time football discussion (even if just for this year). But the last 4 games and including the 2nd half of SC, there hasn’t been any fun at all and it’s been like pulling teeth watching the games. No reason to be concerned though according to stoops!!!

Stoops himself stated today that the Vol loss was just one game

“it’s in excusable and we need to do a better job. With that being said, it’s one game. We have to move on and prepare for a victory this week,” Stoop said. “It doesn’t diminish all the good things our team has done throughout this year.”

Sorry Coach, but as Finebaum said, our season was damaged badly by the pathetic performance and showing against the Vols.

Yep, it was just a real kick in the nuts for many reasons.

I think about all of those Vol fans the week before the game saying stuff like, "Come on, it's sUcK, what are you all worried about?" Well, it turns out there was nothing to worry about. UK was an overrated paper tiger.

Reactions: law1127

“it’s in excusable and we need to do a better job. With that being said, it’s one game. We have to move on and prepare for a victory this week,” Stoop said. “It doesn’t diminish all the good things our team has done throughout this year.”

Sorry Coach, but as Finebaum said, our season was damaged badly by the pathetic performance and showing against the Vols.

I don’t know many good coaches that basically brush away the thought of getting to a NY6 bowl game. His Ho-hum attitude towards the whole thing is one reason I have no confidence to get to 9 wins this year by winning the last 2 games. Don’t expect him to mope around but would like to see 100% accountability and a fiery attitude that exhibits this will get fixed and we will end this season with something all can be proud of. Instead we get this crap. Reminds me of tubby. Listening to him speak made you want to jump off a cliff as opposed to running through a wall.

So by losing we don't go to NY6 bowl. Huh, I would have never thought of that. It is disappointing

6_5304112.jpg

We haven't one 9 games..we are stuck at 7, and the way this team is playing who knows..

That’s why I didn’t think there would be a hangover from Georgia. There was still so much for Kentucky to play for. I was at the game and still can’t believe what I saw. We’re still going to finish 9-3 which we haven’t been in 34 years so it’s still solid step for the program. But it would sure feel differently if we weren’t limping to the finish line again.

Well, I don't expect him to say "the season is over" or anything, but it certainly does "diminish all the good thing our team has done throughout the year".

I agree. I’m one who always backs players 100%. Coaches too. I think we need to get our shit together but like a poster mentioned in another thread maybe when Benny leaves our scheme will. But I have watched damn near every basketball and football game since I was 3 years old. The past two weeks is the first time I have cut a game off early. Too painful to watch. If I lose I want to be entertained still haha not happening

If a coach wants to step to the next level, you don’t sugarcoat it by saying ‘well, we’ve done really good this year and and and....well, we’re just better.’ Yea, we are. And getting closer and closer to finishing the same way. I’ve been a huge stoops supporter through the years, but things like that show me he has a tendency of letting go of the gas pedal. And I swear to everything, I don’t understand it. He’s too content and complacent almost.

It is highly disappointing because we just blew the the best chance you'll ever get of winning 10 regular season games. As a UK fan, that number 10 is just magical. Most UK football fans probably thought they'd never live to see us win 10 games. This is the year we should have done it. But no, we come out and shit the bed against one of the worst Tennessee teams I've ever seen. And I don't just mean the guys had a bad game. Many of the players didn't even seem to be trying, at all. How often does a program like UK get the opportunity to win 10 games? You would think this would have been the game where UK's players came out with fire in their eyes. Yet other than a few guys they just didn't seem to care. How could that happen?

It is highly disappointing because we just blew the the best chance you'll ever get of winning 10 regular season games. As a UK fan, that number 10 is just magical. Most UK football fans probably thought they'd never live to see us win 10 games. This is the year we should have done it. But no, we come out and shit the bed against one of the worst Tennessee teams I've ever seen. And I don't just mean the guys had a bad game. Many of the players didn't even seem to be trying, at all. How often does a program like UK get the opportunity to win 10 games? You would think this would have been the game where UK's players came out with fire in their eyes. Yet other than a few guys they just didn't seem to care. How could that happen?
I agree totally!!

It seems to me we're just running out of steam. Players are hurt, scouting reports are more comprehensive.

I'd rather start off the season UL, UF, UT, UGA then take a break with some cream puff OOCs, and finish the season with SC, Missouri, Vandy.

I'd rather play Florida last game of the season because they will be up here in the cold every other year.

It reminded me of the UL game last year.

Reminds me a lot of how Stoops’ teams look in the second half of the season. Seems to get progressively worse each game. Less creativity, less discipline leading to more personal fouls. A team that looks disinterested and more interested in talking trash than winning the game. Offensive and defensive lines that get pushed around. WR’s dropping multiple gimme passes in a game. DB’s blowing coverages or getting badly beaten. Stuff you rarely see early, but always see late in the season.

When you get in a situation where you can do something special you play to win you open it up - you go for it - Stoops is just the opposite - he hopes the other team plays bad -

This is exactly right. The “historic” season even if we end up 9-3 is in some ways fools gold. We beat a good Florida team and a good Miss St team. The rest of the wins aren’t impressive. The first game of the season the team didn’t look good. It took over a half to get separation from Murray St. We looked great against a mediocre SC team for one half but our offense has been absolute garbage ever since. Couldn’t move the ball on A&M, couldn’t score against Missouri until the very end and won due to a questionable PI call. We struggled against a bad Vanderbilt team and lost to the worst UT team in years by a land slide. I understand a 9-3 record is something to be proud of, but the quality wins really aren’t there outside of two early season wins against UF and MSST.

I’m not confident in the team winning any game. After the loss at A&M, I thought we had a good team. The way we played s Vandy, Mizzou, and UT has taken the confidence of the fans away. All we see is more defeat.

The play calling leads me to believe that coaches don’t trust our qb.

How’s that? Tn dominated the game.
Simply put, UT is terrible this year. The #11 team in the country should not lose to a team that wouldn't even be in the top 50. No SEC team should ever lose to a team that barely got by Charlotte the week before. We played so bad that we made a bad team look good. I think UT will be good again in a couple of years with Pruitt but right now you are still really bad.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07

Yeah I’m sure the SEC will get right away at rearranging that schedule to suit UK.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
It is pretty sad that we might win 9 games, which we haven't done since 1984, and I really am not excited anymore. I was much more excited with the 2007 team and only winning 8 games then the product Stoops is putting on the field. Stoops has taken the enjoyment out of this season for me when he let the offense completely self destruct after halftime of the USC game and hasn't adjusted to anything the other teams are doing defensively since.

The only time we see a slight spark in the offense is when we are forced to play quicker during desperation time. Of course Stoops won't try that any other time because we might "score to quickly." It's unfortunate that Stoops will ultimately end up losing a lot of the fanbase because he just won't adjust and keeps playing an antiquated style of football.

I wouldn't mind losing as much if you at least made it exciting to watch. Instead we have boring and uninspired play resulting in the usual 2nd half decline. That is also with an easier back half of the schedule. Something has got to change or we will be heading for another Barnhart stadium reduction in a few years.

I know it's a tough time to be a UK fan, but you are right about it being a golden opportunity to get to 10 wins. The East is going to get tougher, Pruitt is improving UT and they are about to sign a top 10 class, maybe top 5 with as many as 5 5* kids Getting to 10 wins just got tougher for everyone in the East.

The 2 big upsets Puritt pulled may get him SEC coach of the year, if they beat both Vandy and Missouri it most likely will. But on the bright side, he may have moved up to numberj 2 on Bama's list of replacements for Saban behind Dabo.

ADVERTISEMENT