ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Forde just said......

I doubt it would happen, but if it did...

giphy.gif

Can't fathom it.

He was at the TOP of the coaching mountain. In basketball, there's the Celtics and Lakers--and then the rest of the list starts below that. He had one of THOSE jobs and decided he didn't want to continue coaching.

Indiana also offered him 10 million a year to coach his home state. Dude don't wanna coach.

I don't know how much Stevens makes as the head of basketball operations of one of the two most storied NBA franchises in history, but I bet it's a lot. He would have to really want to get back into coaching to come to KY, and it seems weird that he would want to when he's sitting in Danny Ainge's old seat at the head of the current best team in the NBA.

But if he wants to come, bring him on.

Well ... of all of the possible outcomes - both real and imagined - IMHO hiring Brad Stevens would be the best possible outcome.

Repeating the phrase "... both real and imagined ...", for emphasis ! :cool:

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I actually don’t think he makes nothing like what UK pays. However, I still don’t see this happening at all. Even Danny Hurley might piss in his pants.

Every year before this year I would have said that was vaguely possible.

This year. I guess anything's technically possible.

But probably not that.

NBA general managers usually make between 1 and 3 million and who knows what other bonuses and benefits they have. As for turning down Indiana, timing and location mean everything. I wish it was true, that he was interested.

I might need to take a week off from this forum. Posts like this get my excitement level up so high that if it doesn't pan out I might fall into depression lol

Mitch must be dangling 10 plus million to come to KY. I'm pretty sure that would be Donovan and Brad's minimum.

Can't fathom it.

He was at the TOP of the coaching mountain. In basketball, there's the Celtics and Lakers--and then the rest of the list starts below that. He had one of THOSE jobs and decided he didn't want to continue coaching.

Indiana also offered him 10 million a year to coach his home state. Dude don't wanna coach.
Bingo. If he wanted to coach, he would have been coaching the last few years making $10M+ at the place of his choice. The guy wants an office job making $5M per year without the pressure of winning the next game. Not a thing wrong with that.

On The Bob Valvano show that he was told by an industry Insider not to rule out Brad Stevens. I highly doubt that to be the case, but just passing along what he said
I can’t see it. Stepping back into college ball with all the headaches with NIL, etc. No way.

I don't know how much Stevens makes as the head of basketball operations of one of the two most storied NBA franchises in history, but I bet it's a lot. He would have to really want to get back into coaching to come to KY, and it seems weird that he would want to when he's sitting in Danny Ainge's old seat at the head of the current best team in the NBA.

But if he wants to come, bring him on.
Plus he is possibly close to winning his first championship as a GM this summer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT