ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Forde just said......

Can't fathom it.

He was at the TOP of the coaching mountain. In basketball, there's the Celtics and Lakers--and then the rest of the list starts below that. He had one of THOSE jobs and decided he didn't want to continue coaching.

Indiana also offered him 10 million a year to coach his home state. Dude don't wanna coach.
Bingo. If he wanted to coach, he would have been coaching the last few years making $10M+ at the place of his choice. The guy wants an office job making $5M per year without the pressure of winning the next game. Not a thing wrong with thatj
Pat Forde also said that Calipari tried to get him fired but was unsuccessful. He wouldn’t elaborate.
We know that Forde stated, upon Cal’s hiring, that he would get Cal fired. Go back and read some of Forde’s stuff in the 2009 - 2012 time frame. Remember the Eric Bledsoe didn’t graduate high school, AD’s parents were paid $100K, etc.? At the time, Forde was in tight with Jurich and Pitino. If cal tried to get him fired, it was justifiable payback.

Forde hates UK and the fanbase. It's no secret he has over the years, read Rupp Rafters, as he's admitted so. He and Bilas mock the "lunatic fringe" base that comes with BBN. BILAS referenced this last night on ESPN.
Forde just trolled BBN, don't be a idiot and believe it.

On The Bob Valvano show that he was told by an industry Insider not to rule out Brad Stevens. I highly doubt that to be the case, but just passing along what he said
Clarification:

"industry insider" = someone that works in the entire NBA industry, which isn't small, who just speculated and then told Forde his speculation.

If Forde's "source" in the "industry" knew more, he'd have provided more. As in "what makes this person believe this is the case?".

Stevens is the GM of the best team in the NBA. They are chasing a championship. I doubt he has given the UK job one second of thought..who starts this nonsense..I expect to see Pat Riley's name bantered about.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood2.0
What does anyone here think about Trimble Bohannon? Got his team into the tourney on a flat tire with the tank empty. Coach Trim got it going on

Forde hates UK and the fanbase. It's no secret he has over the years, read Rupp Rafters, as he's admitted so. He and Bilas mock the "lunatic fringe" base that comes with BBN. BILAS referenced this last night on ESPN.
Forde just trolled BBN, don't be a idiot and believe it.

And ffs don't click on anything or engage with Forde. All the troll wants is more attention.

Reactions: oldsports_
Stevens is the GM of the best team in the NBA. They are chasing a championship. I doubt he has given the UK job one second of thought..who starts this nonsense..I expect to see Pat Riley's name bantered about.

Some folks on twitter said we should offer Popovich lol

Pat Forde also said that Calipari tried to get him fired but was unsuccessful. He wouldn’t elaborate.
He tried to get Forde fired too? The story that Goodman tells of Cal trying to get him fired has been out for many years, I never heard that he tried to get Forde fired.

Reactions: Girthang
I love the people that are just like yea, there’s zero chance.

Screw that. You all don’t know anything. You have no idea how that man feels about his current situation. And if you’re feeling really skippy, go look at his salary and realize we can easily triple it and then some

Stevens is one of the greatest basketball minds to never win anything. If that passion for coaching is still in there somewhere, he could come to the greatest program, have all the tools and resources, and have 20+ years left to build his legacy and become rich rich rich.

Not saying there’s any chance, but def something to think about. You got to at least pitch it to him.

He tried to get Forde fired too? The story that Goodman tells of Cal trying to get him fired has been out for many years, I never heard that he tried to get Forde fired.

Both of those guys are WAAAAY too sensitive

I love the people that are just like yea, there’s zero chance.

Screw that. You all don’t know anything. You have no idea how that man feels about his current situation. And if you’re feeling really skippy, go look at his salary and realize we can easily triple it and then some

I'm of the opinion that you never talk yourself out of asking out the prettiest girl and never listen to others that think she won't go out with you. If you like her, ask her out and screw what anyone thinks about it.

Reactions: Jakerz

Me neither

I don’t think it will happen, but here’s the case. He is still a very young man who got very close to a championship. After being away for a while, is there not a part of him thinking, “I could win multiple titles at UK. Yes, it’s a different set of headaches, but I could be remembered as one of the legendary coaches of all time”.
Do I think it’s going to happen? No. Would I be just totally shocked if it did? Pleasantly surprised, but not shocked.

On The Bob Valvano show that he was told by an industry Insider not to rule out Brad Stevens. I highly doubt that to be the case, but just passing along what he said
That makes my heart skip a beat!!! Imagine for a second Steven's coaching, Reed and Travis Perry in the same backcourt. Big Blue Orgasm 💙 😍

Indiana also offered him 10 million a year to coach his home state. Dude don't wanna coach.

At the time Stevens confirmed that he talked to Indiana and was interested but decided to leave the decision to his family. His wife and kids wanted to stay in Boston. He also said that he was not offered $70M for 10 years. It was less than that.

At the time Stevens confirmed that he talked to Indiana and was interested but decided to leave the decision to his family. His wife and kids wanted to stay in Boston. He also said that he was not offered $70M for 10 years. It was less than that.
And who in the hell would want to coach IU anyway. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT