ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Forde has KU and Arizona on scandal watch; Pitino Jr. on the hot seat with Tubby

Kansas; Why is Hall of Fame coach Bill Self on this list, when his school has yet to be publicly implicated in the federal investigation? Because star recruit Billy Preston’s ineligibility has yet to be addressed. And then there is the 2015 ineligibility of freshman Cliff Alexander late in the season for dealings with a financial company. And the smoke that surrounded Kansas last year, when Carlton Bragg and Josh Jackson both were suspended. And the fact that several other Adidas-backed programs were caught up in the feds’ dragnet. Self’s Teflon status may get a bit sticky as things progress.

How good is the job: One of the best. Much like Kentucky, Kansas has succeeded for decades because it is an imperative.

The agent who was wiretapped by the FBI has a lot of clients from Arizona, Auburn and Villanova.

Kansas; Why is Hall of Fame coach Bill Self on this list, when his school has yet to be publicly implicated in the federal investigation? Because star recruit Billy Preston’s ineligibility has yet to be addressed. And then there is the 2015 ineligibility of freshman Cliff Alexander late in the season for dealings with a financial company. And the smoke that surrounded Kansas last year, when Carlton Bragg and Josh Jackson both were suspended. And the fact that several other Adidas-backed programs were caught up in the feds’ dragnet. Self’s Teflon status may get a bit sticky as things progress.

How good is the job: One of the best. Much like Kentucky, Kansas has succeeded for decades because it is an imperative.

The only people who don't think Kansas is as corrupt as they come, are KU fans.

I wasn't really worried about UK before, but when I heard that the central guy in this thing and Cal do not like each other, I felt even better.

"Auburn (11). Bruce Pearl could well be national Coach of the Year if not for The Investigation Thing, which has resulted in the firing or suspension of five people associated with Auburn basketball — but not Pearl. He’s confident he will be OK when all is said and done. That could well be wishful thinking"

Don't think I had read before that 5 people were effected by this in the Auburn program. Pearl is toast if there was that many people in on it. You could say that you can't keep an eye on an assistants every move but you can't say that about your whole staff at the same time.

As for Kansas.... don't get your hopes up, if they had something on them they would have released it at the same time as the others. They may have something minor but it would be stupid and careless to blow an uncover operation by allowing the suspects four months to get rid of any evidence before you knocked on the door.

Kansas right now:
nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

Time after time, Self has taken guys that Cal steered away from for reasons unbeknownst to us at the time and later we realized we dodged a bullet. Just one example; I didn’t understand for the longest time why Cal never sniffed Josh Jackson until he got arrested for beating up some girl’s car. Of course they didn’t all backfire, but it seems to me that the law of averages says that eventually Self was going to get bitten in the butt by one of these questionable characters.

Reactions: awf and Jkwo
"Auburn (11). Bruce Pearl could well be national Coach of the Year if not for The Investigation Thing, which has resulted in the firing or suspension of five people associated with Auburn basketball — but not Pearl. He’s confident he will be OK when all is said and done. That could well be wishful thinking"

Don't think I had read before that 5 people were effected by this in the Auburn program. Pearl is toast if there was that many people in on it. You could say that you can't keep an eye on an assistants every move but you can't say that about your whole staff at the same time.

As for Kansas.... don't get your hopes up, if they had something on them they would have released it at the same time as the others. They may have something minor but it would be stupid and careless to blow an uncover operation by allowing the suspects four months to get rid of any evidence before you knocked on the door.
Agree,Pearl is doing what he is doing for a reason(being quiet) Auburn will take a fall As for KU they could turn up a pile of dead bodies in the basketball dorm and Self would find a way to make it seem perfectly normal

I am still not convinced that this whole new batch of FBI related info isn't the product of the media inventing something to write about since college basketball has been less than entertaining this season.About a half dozen individual players generate some interest around the country. The media and the NCAA should be scared to death that someone like Wichita St might win the NCAAT by beating Nova while 46 people watched the game.

Time after time, Self has taken guys that Cal steered away from for reasons unbeknownst to us at the time and later we realized we dodged a bullet. Just one example; I didn’t understand for the longest time why Cal never sniffed Josh Jackson until he got arrested for beating up some girl’s car. Of course they didn’t all backfire, but it seems to me that the law of averages says that eventually Self was going to get bitten in the butt by one of these questionable characters.
You can beat up cars and do 100 other things at KU and it is not a big deal At UK if you get in a water pistol fight you have a problem.Cal knows this and to the best of his ability plans accordingly,Self can take more chances cause he can get away with it

You can beat up cars and do 100 other things at KU and it is not a big deal At UK if you get in a water pistol fight you have a problem.Cal knows this and to the best of his ability plans accordingly,Self can take more chances cause he can get away with it

You guys love to obfuscate the facts while playing some sort of victim card.

As far as Jackson goes the literal police report is that Vick was assaulted by a woman by throwing a glass in his face out of a car window, and Jackson kicked her car as she drove away from the front of a house party. Billy Preston might have done some bad shit, but we suspended him immediately. Alexander's mom took tout a loan with a shark, and we suspended him immediately. These things aren't good, but hardly buried bodies. Maybe if Cal suspended people immediately he would not have vacated games.

Oh, and there is a fraternity video of the Bragg incident, where he is struck over and over by a female that then filed a false police report. The kid had problems, but the fact that he is implicating the proven victim is shameful.

Pat Forde is a University of Missouri School of Journalism graduate, of course he is going to implicate KU in anything. I'm tossing and turning every night losing sleep over this. :rolleyes:

Yes, that’s the guy. He seems to be the lynchpin - the FBI has his financial records, and the presumption I make is that the 4,000intercepted calls and texts involve the same group of people, people that do business with Miller. Jones explained last week on his show that Miller and Cal have never gotten along, that Cal always thought Miller steered kids to other schools, and that only one UK player under Cal (Nerlens) signed with Miller - and he left after only one year.....

Reactions: flacat22
Andy Miller has big adidas ties and steered players away from UK and Cal and other Nike schools quite honestly. It was always bantered about that something happened with Wiggins very close to signing day that sent him to KU. These guys for the most part are smart enough to always keep some distance from the actual source and the end result but these texts and phone calls that they may not have realized were ever going to be seen heard could be the undoing

Reactions: BBUK and Cindog28
Andy Miller has big adidas ties and steered players away from UK and Cal and other Nike schools quite honestly. It was always bantered about that something happened with Wiggins very close to signing day that sent him to KU. These guys for the most part are smart enough to always keep some distance from the actual source and the end result but these texts and phone calls that they may not have realized were ever going to be seen heard could be the undoing

Miller represents ZERO Kansas players...

[eyeroll] Kansas fans. Pat Forde hates UK with more of a passion (Pitino lover) than any other school in the NCAA.

I didn't hear him say anything bad about Kansas. Perhaps it was edited?

As far as Jackson goes the literal police report is that Vick was assaulted by a woman by throwing a glass in his face out of a car window, and Jackson kicked her car as she drove away from the front of a house party. Billy Preston might have done some bad shit, but we suspended him immediately. Alexander's mom took tout a loan with a shark, and we suspended him immediately. These things aren't good, but hardly buried bodies. Maybe if Cal suspended people immediately he would not have vacated games.

That's not what happened and we all know it. The facts of the case are everywhere. Vick beat her up several times the years prior to the incident. She threw a drink in his face and then Vick and Jackson followed her to her car (parking lot) and vandalized her car (outside the bar). Bragg was charged twice for assault on two different women and was caught with a pipe or bong that he was smoking the whacky weed like it was his job! You guys should be proud!

Reactions: JC CATS and KFuqua
Miller represents ZERO Kansas players...
did you read the part in my post that says they are usually smart enough to keep enough distance between the source and the end result? You think these guys are total idiots? Wiggins, Embiid, Oubre, Diallo, McLemore all adidas guys. I won't argue the point with you too much but this isn't a Forde story, as soon the story broke with the linchpin being Andy Miller everyone around college basketball said uh-oh that Self's guy

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74

just keep telling yourself that's all you did lol !!

Reactions: nookam
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT