ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Forde Drags Cal

Good luck Arkansas...you get to deal with all this $#!T now.

Have fun.

It might be for a while (a few years)...but at some point you will say...'Those damn UK fans were right!'

Reactions: ukfan041
That’s a spot on accurate explanation of this situation and how it came about. I see nothing in that article to disagree with.

It’s all stuff UK fans already know, but it would be a good piece to read for non-UK fans who wanna understand what the hell happened with Cal here.

Reactions: natchezrule
Pretty accurate. UK fans have hefty expectations, but Cal pushed those expectations even further with his swaggy one liners and talks of passing UCLA. The state of the fanbase now is 100 percent a result of his inability to live up to the standards he created for himself. We can forgive a bad season or a let down just like we did the EE WVU loss and first NIT. It's hard to forgive 5 straight years of disappointment though.

That’s a spot on accurate explanation of this situation and how it came about. I see nothing in that article to disagree with.

It’s all stuff UK fans already know, but it would be a good piece to read for non-UK fans who wanna understand what the hell happened with Cal here.
That article is written because he thinks he chickened out of staying and fixing the program.
He stayed too long the way it was. How can any UK fans agree to this article when you wanted him gone .

Don’t like the dude but he hit every nail on that piece. I hope some of the nuthuggers give it a read. I’ve been arguing with them all day.

He largely left out the roster mis management issues. Cal set a record that will never be broken....having two top 15 NBA draft picks who didn't start. There are other issues, favoritism, etc...that UK fans are all to familiar with.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I just LOVE how the media (and some on here) cry that "he couldn't fix". Sure, he could have. He just wasn't willing to the right thing, do what he was hired to do, to work FOR UK. He was FOR CAL AND THE NBA. He's not a victim here.

Pretty accurate. UK fans have hefty expectations, but Cal pushed those expectations even further with his swaggy one liners and talks of passing UCLA. The state of the fanbase now is 100 percent a result of his inability to live up to the standards he created for himself. We can forgive a bad season or a let down just like we did the EE WVU loss and first NIT. It's hard to forgive 5 straight years of disappointment though.
"for himself"? What standards did he set for UK? That's the problem.

If you would have asked me after the 2012 championship, how many titles Cal would have after 15 years... I would have said three minimum and five was likely.

He really meant it when he said now that we have this over with.
The first 6 years had me thinking we would really catch UCLA. The last 5 years has me thinking Bill Self was right about KU running out of time. He just needed a few more minutes for Cal to have one of his famous late game blunders.

Cal had no solutions to the problems we've been facing as a program. Great coaches are capable of self reflection and self examination. Cal ultimately chose the path of least resistance, which was rebooting at another school.

Yeah,

When the game at UK comes, the fans will applaud Kal but Kal and his arrogance will think it is an accolade when the fans will actually be applauding that he left....and is ensconced somewhere else...

I hadn't thought about it and of course we are all glad Cows gone, but you're telling me that contract had no buyout for Cal to leave, especially to another SEC team? If so good God what a horrible contract. So he could have just left even with things going well for free?

Everything on that story was true before Calipari bolted. Why didn’t he have the balls to say it then?

Everything on that story was true before Calipari bolted. Why didn’t he have the balls to say it then?
He’d been trying. Problem was Cal was successful and most loved him, so everyone considered Forde a troll.

I just am glad he's gone. Forde is a you know what like Cal in some regards.

Colin Cowherd laid into Cal today on his show.
I watched Colin and I don't agree with him on a lot of things, but everything he said was spot on.

Pretty much if you don't win at Kentucky, especially making 9 million a year and sticking with the OAD expect to be gone. He said 18 year olds aren't going to win against veteran teams like UCONN and Purdue.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT