ADVERTISEMENT

Our Current Bowl Projection?

I think people are really confused. Bowls are no longer really allowed to choose who they want. They are delegated by conference finishes and overall record. UK is going to finish 3rd in the SEC. I think at best beating UL, then UK plays probaly in the Liberty Bowl or Music City. 6-6 and UK is in Shreveport or Birmingham
how could UK finish 3rd? aren't they currently 4th in SEC east and only tenn above them has another conf game and is 2 games ahead of UK?

how could UK finish 3rd? aren't they currently 4th in SEC east and only tenn above them has another conf game and is 2 games ahead of UK?

We can't finish 3rd. You are correct, other guy is wrong. If we had beat UGA we would have finished 3rd but no dice there.

BCS (Atlanta) = Alabama
Sugar (NO) = Florida
Citrus (Orlando) = Auburn
Outback (Tampa) = Tennessee
Music City (Nashville) = Arkansas
Taxslayer (Jacksonville) = Georgia
Texas (Houston) = A&M
Belk (Charlotte) = South Carolina
Liberty (Memphis) = LSU
Birmingham (Birmingham) = Kentucky
Independence (Shreveport) = Ole Miss or Vandy

Write it down.

Don't agree with it. We beat South Carolina and will have more conference wins and probably equal total wins. They should drop down to Birmingham. We are in play for one of the bowls in the pool group.

Reactions: billoliver40
Don't agree with it. We beat South Carolina and will have more conference wins and probably equal total wins. They should drop down to Birmingham. We are in play for one of the bowls in the pool group.

Fans in the seats. I imagine this the Belkin folks believe SC would bring more. After seeing the crowd yesterday, they're likely correct.

Gotta play our way up the success ladder.

Yeah, this is a collaboration with the conference and bowls. To get tickets sold AND reward the best teams. South Carolina is not getting a better bowl than us. Might argue they could sell more tickets, but our fans will spend the night and pay for hotel rooms. Bell would be happy with us, if necessary.

Besides, I'm not sure LSU doesn't get dropped down. Punishment for being aholes about the hurricane makeup game.

I think SaguaroCat is right, the butts in seats is important; but if those butts can drive to the game from their homes, the local economy misses a big payday.
I think the Belk/Charlotte group would love to have the Big Blue Mist after our 5 year hiatus.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Well was really hoping for Florida, tax slayer or something, Warm enough to golf. Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

We ain't beating UofL they will score on every possession. We will be in Birmingham or Shreveport and be glad to be there
Kind of like they did against Duke and Virginia (two teams that we are equal to or better than)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT