ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Twitter in Absolute Shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an IF and a big one at that but if Musk were to figure out Neuralink, he'll go down in history as a GOAT in science. Would rather see him focused more on that than the Twitter cesspool but not my fortune and not my decision.

Yes. Let’s let a real life Bond villain with the thinnest skin imaginable put micro chips in people’s brains.

I’m sure that’s going to work out splendidly.

Reactions: GeraldV
^ Why some of you should never be taken seriously.

Lol. Okay bub.

You put all your faith in Tony Stank. I’ll keep living in the real world where actions have consequences and the amount of money you have isn’t the determining factor in whether you’re a dumbass or not.

• Haha
Reactions: catlanta33
Twitter is a cesspool of vile opinions, crazy conspiracy theories, woke morons, and twi separate camps of group think lemmings.

I never tweet. The only people I follow are sports and music journalists/fan accounts.

As for Elon, anyone forcing office attendance in 2022 for a job that can be done remotely is living in the past. Times have changed.

I wouldn’t be sad if twitter died a slow, hilarious, public death.

He’s not going to **** you. You don’t have a womb for him to impregnate.

But he's going to murder you, right?

You're insane and need help. Go see a mental health professional and take your meds. Society will thank you.

Elon is a Bond villain and everyone is crazy but me. When do you think Telsas become self-aware?

Get help asap and stop being a danger to society.

Maybe you should learn what hyperbole is before you spout off at the mouth?

Now I need to learn what hyperbole is because some waterhead thinks his Tesla is going to attack him.

WAG on this is he's cleaning house. Putting people on notice to come in would help weed out who they want to remove.

I get it. I quit my last job when they forced us come back to the office or else in July 2021. I ended up going somewhere else that pays me almost double to do the same job from the comfort of my home.

My former employer is struggling to retain people. They offered me a chance to come back with a pay bump that matches my current salary but I had to work in an office. I laughed at them and told them to lose my number.

Bold strategy on Musk’s part. I hope it blows up in his face.

WAG on this is he's cleaning house. Putting people on notice to come in would help weed out who they want to remove.
If they quit, Elon doesn't have to pay the severance package required in California if you lay people off.

There is obviously a lot of dead weight there. I'd say at this point there are several employees intentionally sabotaging the company, so he should be able to terminate them with cause. Once lenders realize they either go through a bankruptcy or restructure their loans he will be able to stabilize revenues. Elon had a large team of financial and legal experts look through everything before closing, to think he doesn't have a plan is contrary to logic.

Now I need to learn what hyperbole is because some waterhead thinks his Tesla is going to attack him.

I’m willing to bet you thought the Covid vaccine was some grand conspiracy theory and people asking you to wear as mask during the pandemic was akin to being a Jew in Nazi Germany.

Sit this one out bub. You don’t have the range.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Says the guy who's "not mad at all" but sees nothing wrong with putting someone's personal information into an online discussion. It takes nothing to piss some of you guys off and make it personal, lol. Enjoy your day. I'm gonna have healthy boundaries and end the conversation here.
Yep. 100%

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
If they quit, Elon doesn't have to pay the severance package required in California if you lay people off.

There is obviously a lot of dead weight there. I'd say at this point there are several employees intentionally sabotaging the company, so he should be able to terminate them with cause. Once lenders realize they either go through a bankruptcy or restructure their loans he will be able to stabilize revenues. Elon had a large team of financial and legal experts look through everything before closing, to think he doesn't have a plan is contrary to logic.

Pretty sure he's just winging it and the plan is to turn Twitter into murder a machine utilizing Starlink to shoot lasers down to Earth and annihilate mankind or something.

no. He’s not. He just has a reasoned difference of opinion.

More than I can say for some folks on a lot of issues around here.
Ah I’ve read his “opinions” for years. Reasonable doesn’t come to mind when I think of him.

How much do you think of me? Seems a little creepy to be honest.
😂😂😂😂😂. I read your posts on many threads and have for many years. So I judge you on that. Same way every person on here judges every other poster. I wouldn’t know you if I passed you on the street.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Jesus. Way to take the meritocracy argument to an insane point. Sure the nba isn't a meritocracy.... some people are taller and have more athleticism...

Just want to point out that the thread title was "twitter in absolute shambles" and the facts are that twitter has added 15 million users and had its highest traffic in co history. The thing that is collapsing is advertising because of the type of people that protest everything. Maybe someday businesses will figure out that the kind of people with blue hair that protest twitter don't buy pick up trucks or shop at Lowes.
User count is irrelevant at the moment. User numbers are only there to attract advertisers and right now advertisers are fleeing because Twitter is being turned into a circus.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
Been in IT 45 years.
I told my wife and family that Social Media would turn into a shit show be the downfall of mankind.
Wasn’t too far off IMHO.
Social engineering by the elite to turn the people into mindless idiots who can’t think themselves out of a paper bag. I use to wonder how Jim Jones was able to talk 900 people into drinking the kool-aid. I know how now.

Social engineering by the elite to turn the people into mindless idiots who can’t think themselves out of a paper bag. I use to wonder how Jim Jones was able to talk 900 people into drinking the kool-aid. I know how now.

Who are the “elite”?

Reactions: Hjack
There's also a chance it violates existing employment contracts. Internal lawyers seem to think all these changes open up the door for the FTC to bring down the hammer on Twitter.

-"turned into". Where you been? The problem you and many others have with elon/Twitter is that Twitter is no longer the pr division of the DNC.
The left acting like Elon is now tech satan is over the top stupid, but your take is a little over the top too. "The PR Division of the DNC" even though some of the most popular and vocal twitter accounts belong to right wing media outlets and pundits who have always been able to share their point of views daily on the platform. Of course, they'll be the first to yell about being silenced and have created a narrative that everyone and everything is out to get them, whether it be Hollywood, the media, big tech, colleges, whatever. I mean, according to many who post on the paddock, teachers are the new enemy. It's a tiresome narrative that sounds psychotic at times. Not everything is some conspiracy against your side.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT