ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Twitter in Absolute Shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The left acting like Elon is now tech satan is over the top stupid, but your take is a little over the top too. "The PR Division of the DNC" even though some of the most popular and vocal twitter accounts belong to right wing media outlets and pundits who have always been able to share their point of views daily on the platform. Of course, they'll be the first to yell about being silenced and have created a narrative that everyone and everything is out to get them, whether it be Hollywood, the media, big tech, colleges, whatever. I mean, according to many who post on the paddock, teachers are the new enemy. It's a tiresome narrative that sounds psychotic at times. Not everything is some conspiracy against your side.

-"victim of censorship" sells/plays to the R base for sure...I'll give you that.

^that said: there was a slant to twitters "fact checking" and selective amplification for certain viewpointsas well as selective enforcement of rules that is indisputable.

He lost $34 billion in the deal. He’s lost $2 billion since the deal closed. I think a lot of us are just as smart and would also be capable of losing billions of we were in similar positions.

If they quit, Elon doesn't have to pay the severance package required in California if you lay people off.

There is obviously a lot of dead weight there. I'd say at this point there are several employees intentionally sabotaging the company, so he should be able to terminate them with cause. Once lenders realize they either go through a bankruptcy or restructure their loans he will be able to stabilize revenues. Elon had a large team of financial and legal experts look through everything before closing, to think he doesn't have a plan is contrary to logic.
Yea. People thinking that Elon is going to lose everything and be on the street over this is crazy. If he goes through bankruptcy he will end up getting a deal on some of the loans or he'll lose a few billion dollars and sell twitter back off as a public co that is so broken that it can't be fixed.

Reactions: 80 Proof
He lost $34 billion in the deal. He’s lost $2 billion since the deal closed. I think a lot of us are just as smart and would also be capable of losing billions of we were in similar positions.
How did he lose $34 billion in the deal?

Yes. Who amongst us hasn't created world changing payment technology, revolutionized space flight and electric vehicles, while also boring under LA?

Yes. We didn’t have e-commerce, tunnels or space flight or electric cars before Elon.

Probably so. He's very likely a genius, but what a complete social weirdo. Think of how many lives he upended because he had a whim to buy that company.
A genius doesn't lay off half his staff in blatant violation of state labor law then have to beg them back because he accidentally informed some people they were laid off when they weren't or because he needs skilled labor to do whatever it is he wants to do.

Reactions: chroix
That's probably a big reason. Hes basically forcing a percentage of the staff to quit, so Twitter won't have to give severance packages and deal with unemployment insurance. This is more common than one might think. The CEO of Kaseya is basically doing this to recently acquired Datto (IT management companies).. he's purposely being brash and gutting the perks to force an exodus. And it's working, people are jumping ship in droves.

Not to mention, these companies have quite a bit of liberal/progressives that Musk probably wouldn't mind removing. And working with many of these entitled developers and customer support types, I don't blame him.
When you lay off half of your staff, you can't really afford to be forcing others to quit, especially when you're begging people to come back to work that you just laid off...

15 million new users and traffic is up. If you take out the woke crowd crying and threatening boycotts... he's killing it. He just has to weather the storm and 'nothing attracts a crowd, like a crowd'.
Killing it, yet their revenue is tanking 🤣 🤣 🤣

There's also a chance it violates existing employment contracts. Internal lawyers seem to think all these changes open up the door for the FTC to bring down the hammer on Twitter.
It doesn't even matter what the contracts say. California labor law says any large company that does mass layoffs has to provide a 60-day notice. They provided 0. It's as blatant of a violation of labor law as you'll get.

I’m not a Twitter person but seeing all these people like Boston and chroix lose it over this absolute nothing that matters in their life is highly entertaining.

Just fyi guys, everyone thinks you’re weirdo nerds.
Anyone posting on a message board in 2022 is a weirdo nerd. Message boards are an internet antiquity designed for nerds.

Reactions: chroix
I’m not a Twitter person but seeing all these people like Boston and chroix lose it over this absolute nothing that matters in their life is highly entertaining.

Just fyi guys, everyone thinks you’re weirdo nerds.

Losing it lol. Your homies are losing it. I just stated some facts on a message board. And I’m pretty sure we’re all weirdo nerds right? Except for you?

Lol I know. That's why it's so incredibly amazing that you can't tell the difference between what was said and what you read.

The fact you claimed intelligence equal to musk is just cherry on top.

He is a rich person who invested in companies.

Musk didn’t even found Tesla. He bought his way in and forced the founders out. Just like any other venture capitalist in Silicon Valley who smells blood.

And Musk is not Tony Stark sitting in a cave with a box of scraps! He just is smart enough to hire intelligent engineers who can bring some of his ideas to life. Steve Jobs was the same way.

The difference is Steve Jobs didn’t claim he created the iPhone, the IPad or the Apple computer and didn’t have this cult of personality around him that Musk seems to have.

Good businessman for the most part, really good at selling others ideas as his own, shitty human being.

But I’m always going to be of the opinion that no one person should have that much wealth, power and influence. It’s bad for democracy. Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, George Soros…whoever. Way too much concentrated at the top.

He is a rich person who invested in companies.
Just like George Washington was a soldier that fought some battles.

Michael Jordan was an athlete that played some games.

Marie Curie was a nurse that provided some medicine.

Julian Vanwinkle was a bootlegger that distilled some booze.

Adolph Rupp was a coach that won a few games.

Mother Theresa was a nun that helped some kids.

Barrack Obama was a politician that won an election.

John Lennon was a musician that wrote some songs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT