ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Twitter in Absolute Shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive amount of layoffs are coming now since the election is over.

Plunge protection team has been hard at work as well. Wonder if they will stop propping up the dow?

Thanks for sitting us strait & givin us the down-lo about the richest man in the world..
The world isn't a straight meritocracy. There are many rich people who got there off their own ability and strength, and many who fell ass-backwards into it. Pretty easy to see that in my opinion.

Probably so. He's very likely a genius, but what a complete social weirdo. Think of how many lives he upended because he had a whim to buy that company.
For twice as much as it's worth. I figured he thought he could find some more baby mommas. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
The world isn't a straight meritocracy. There are many rich people who got there off their own ability and strength, and many who fell ass-backwards into it. Pretty easy to see that in my opinion.

So your opinion makes that a fact..

U must be a blue check mark guy.

U keep believin what you want & I‘ll do the same ..

Ain’t America Great to be able to speak your mind & have a voice 😉

I love how mad certain random people get when you spoil the illusion that this guy is some sort of visionary.

"OH, SO YOU THINK YOU'RE SMARTER THAN A BILLIONAIRE??? 😭"

He's losing billions of dollars as we speak and his answer is the same nonsense most mediocre middle managers come up with. Rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. Yep, if they can just get everyone to drive into the office, this thing is going to start printing money. It's Thomas Edison reincarnated for sure.

Ohhhhhh noooooooo!!! TWITTER is not a survival necessity what will I do!!!! Does this mean 2 thirds of the mfers I've been working circles around won't have anything to do for the 8 hour shift? Can someone hack Facebook now so it turns to shit so we can watch all the meltdowns of anyone under 35

Facebook has already turned to shit. It's lost something like $800 billion in market cap over the last year.

And it will be him running off in the middle of the night with millions while others who worked 84 hours a week are out of a job suddenly.

And yet wannabe alpha males will still continue to dick ride Elon without a license.
What a sneaky bastard. Putting in billions so he can sneak off with millions. He's really fleecing these guys😄

Twitter was broken before Musk and broken in different ways now. I wish all the social media companies could figure it out.. With the market crash this year, many tech companies are struggling. Facebook (Meta) just started laying off 13,000 (yes thirteen thousand) employees this week. Apple has a hiring freeze, on and on..

I remember when Musk was releasing the first Tesla's... had lots of issues. and people laughed at him, not being a car guy, he didn't know what he was doing, etc... but he literally slept at his desk at the Freemont factory for weeks on end, and finally got things going. And his SpaceX company puts a rocket into Space about every day... So we will see how he does with twitter.

You really think it's an opinion that some people earn their wealth and some people come into it? Lol

Is your opinion greater than anyone else’s..

It seems you have that mentality..

If u gonna come, be ready to go hard…

Let’s do some talkin?

Hit us up.., Get to the real point.. So what you really wanna say…

I will start it..

I love Twitter now & I’m glad the scumbags censoring speech is gone.

As a veteran & especially to those who paid the ultimate price for EVERYONE to have Freedom of Speech, it’s a slap in the face…

Do you know what I’m shoutin, I’m guessin probably not…

Have a great evening…

Elon Musk has aspbergers syndrome. If you look it up, his odd personality will make a hell of a lot more sense.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
south-park-arseburgers.gif

Actually 80% of millionaires are first generation rich and didn’t inherit anything. Saying most rich people inherited their wealth is incorrect, and saying “many” fell into wealth is misleading when you look at the percentages. In a vast, VAST majority of situations millionaires are self-made.

LOL, All the Bedwetters are leaving. Poor Liberals.
Yeah, how infantile it is to leave work that no longer suits you. Especially when you're incredibly skilled and will have absolutely no problem finding work elsewhere that's appropriate for you, and probably with a company that isn't currently shitting down its own leg. What pathetic people

Probably so. He's very likely a genius, but what a complete social weirdo. Think of how many lives he upended because he had a whim to buy that company.

Definitely a whole lot less lives than have been upended at the Southern border. Imagine being a resident down there. Horrifying.......Lives totally upended because a group wants more votes for their party.

The original concept for Facebook came from the idea of an exclusive party based solely online. And that's really what all the various social networks are and how they work. They're parties, all having a life cycle and essentially either running out of steam or becoming "uncool."

Facebook died in part because it ran its course and in part because everybody's parents showed up. Instagram was cool, but it's starting to lose steam. TikTok is the current trend but more and more adults are finding it and eventually young people will move the party to a new site. Social media itself won't die, and it's certainly not a fad, anyone can see that. But the individual sites that dominate social media are in constant flux, just like the parties that the original social media was based on. Twitter will be no different.

Ohhhhhh noooooooo!!! TWITTER is not a survival necessity what will I do!!!! Does this mean 2 thirds of the mfers I've been working circles around won't have anything to do for the 8 hour shift? Can someone hack Facebook now so it turns to shit so we can watch all the meltdowns of anyone under 35
You’re correct in everything but FB and people under 35. No one under 35 use FB at all. They use IG and TikTok. It’s everyone over 35-40 that is still using the same platform their grandma is also on quoting Bible verses.

Actually 80% of millionaires are first generation rich and didn’t inherit anything. Saying most rich people inherited their wealth is incorrect, and saying “many” fell into wealth is misleading when you look at the percentages. In a vast, VAST majority of situations millionaires are self-made.
That's true, but we were talking about the extremely wealthy, e.g. billionaires, not millionaires. Beginning with several in this thread citing Musk's extreme wealth as evidence of his genius.

A recent study of the Forbes 400 found that nearly 70% of billionaires inherited their wealth or were born in extremely advantageous situations. Musk is among those who were born into extreme wealth and opportunity. He's inherited or purchased everything he's ever had. I haven't heard anyone dispute that yet.

And again, I'm not saying all these people aren't hard-working or intelligent, etc. I'm sure many of them are. But you can't just look at someone and say "He's a billionaire, he must be brilliant." Meritocracy happens, but it isn't a hard rule.

You really think it's an opinion that some people earn their wealth and some people come into it? Lol
You don’t come into 175 billion dollars and become richest man in the world. Really silly, if not downright ignorant to imply Musk is a no talent lucky duck who was handed everything.

Him and his brother, along with 1 more partner founded their first business venture with a $28,000 investment from their dad. It sold for $307M. That’s not coming into wealth.

Musk is among those who were born into extreme wealth and opportunity. He's inherited or purchased everything he's ever had. I haven't heard anyone dispute that yet.
If Wikipedia is to trust - he co-founded Zip2 with his brother and another guy. Dad helped with $28k funding. Sold for $307M

He then co-founded x.com which turned into PayPal. eBay bought PayPal and he received $176M for his share.

He founded SpaceX with $100M of his own $. It’s not valued at $127B.

This doesn’t account for Starlink, Tesla, Neuralink or twitter. Etc.

impressive. He didn’t fall into, inherit or purchase most of the wealth he’s grown.

$28k from daddy into $127B…pretty good ROI

You’re correct in everything but FB and people under 35. No one under 35 use FB at all. They use IG and TikTok. It’s everyone over 35-40 that is still using the same platform their grandma is also on quoting Bible verses.

Facebook (Meta) owns IG, so as that age population gravitates to that, they will still make money off that. They have enough money to buy most companies if they see that’s where the demographic is headed. Of course they are dumping billions into the Metaverse, which I think is a waste.

Reactions: roguemocha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT