ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Twitter in Absolute Shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're entitled to your opinion. I'm not interested in it, nor am I interested in your drift, but you're welcome to both.

Simple-minded people are enamored with Musk because he's neurodiverse and wealthy and they like to think there's some sort of magic going on there. He's currently trying to fix Twitter by making IT employees drive into the office. That's dumb. His money and his eccentricity don't make it smart.

Look, at the end of the day you are putting Elon Musk on a pedestal where we can’t compare him to you, from what appears to be a gift of 200k when he was in his 20s. So why not just put you and him on an equal playing field. What would you have done if you were gifted 200k in your 20s? How about now, when you are much older and mature? If your answer is “I’m not sure”, then my answer is no shit. If the great and amazing BristolCat would’ve turned it into 200 billion then I would eat my own shoe. Hell you might’ve blown half of it on a car for all we know.

But at the end of the day it’s just another example of an anonymous person on the internet insulting and trying to put down someone that is more accomplished and has contributed more to society than they have. And ironically that’s what 95% of Twitter is, and is the type of shit that seems to be so common society nowadays. If Elon Musk manages to tank that god awful shit hole that is Twitter than I’ll include that in another phenomenal contribution to society that he’s made, somewhere in between electric cars and space travel, maybe even above it.

Look, at the end of the day you are putting Elon Musk on a pedestal where we can’t compare him to you, from what appears to be a gift of 200k when he was in his 20s. So why not just put you and him on an equal playing field. What would you have done if you were gifted 200k in your 20s? How about now, when you are much older and mature? If your answer is “I’m not sure”, then my answer is no shit. If the great and amazing BristolCat would’ve turned it into 200 billion then I would eat my own shoe. Hell you might’ve blown half of it on a car for all we know.

But at the end of the day it’s just another example of an anonymous person on the internet insulting and trying to put down someone that is more accomplished and has contributed more to society than they have. And ironically that’s what 95% of Twitter is, and is the type of shit that seems to be so common society nowadays. If Elon Musk manages to tank that god awful shit hole that is Twitter than I’ll include that in another phenomenal contribution to society that he’s made, somewhere in between electric cars and space travel, maybe even above it.
I love how much it pisses people off when you shit on the guy. It's my favorite thing about him.

I love how much it pisses people off when you shit on the guy. It's my favorite thing about him.
IT helps if its for legit reasons though. I never liked Elon.... kinda still don't. But you have to give him credit on some things if you're being honest. Underground tunnels in LA?.... OK, make fun. Flame throwers that are just basically generic flamethrowers?... Yep, big overblown hype crap. Tryin to build a system to get those kids out of the cave in Thailand in 2 weeks when the rain was coming in 3 days?... yea, go ahead and fire at will. Getting tons of government cash to back Tesla, SpaceX and the satellites... kinda douche to act like a super capitalist... fine for criticism.

But you have to give him credit on some things if you're being honest. .
If you go back and look, I gave him credit for a lot of things, multiple times, and the typical people you'd expect still twisted what I said. The internet isn't the place for nuanced argument, though. Twist words around. Hit each other with sledgehammers and win the argument. Good for entertainment and not much more.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
I think Musk is a smart, but socially weird, guy who bought Twitter on a whim to look cool but has absolutely no clue what to do with it. I read an article that opined that what he’ll primarily accomplish is ruining his own personal enjoyment of Twitter and that sounds about right.
Who wrote the article? was it a person that launched a rocket into space capable of landing back on Earth? How about we see how this plays out instead of taking some poly sci major as an expert on business and tech.

Actually 80% of millionaires are first generation rich and didn’t inherit anything.
That doesn't prove the America or the world is a meritocracy. You can "inherit" more than just straight cash. I was fortunate to come from a stable, middle class family who paid for my college education and I took advantage of family connections to start a business. That's more opportunity than a large, large portion of the country. I've worked my ass off to build my career, but I'm under no illusion that I did it all myself. I'll be a millionaire without inheriting a dime, but a large portion of my success can be attributed to my upbringing. It doesn't matter how hard I worked if I wasn't given a great opportunity on a silver platter.

Equal opportunity doesn't exist. Luck and connections are just as important as hard work is when it comes to becoming rich. Some of the smartest, hard working people I know are solidly middle class and I know some absolutely idiots who lucked into their money.

Reactions: Jdhays21
That doesn't prove the America or the world is a meritocracy. You can "inherit" more than just straight cash. I was fortunate to come from a stable, middle class family who paid for my college education and I took advantage of family connections to start a business. That's more opportunity than a large, large portion of the country. I've worked my ass off to build my career, but I'm under no illusion that I did it all myself. I'll be a millionaire without inheriting a dime, but a large portion of my success can be attributed to my upbringing. It doesn't matter how hard I worked if I wasn't given a great opportunity on a silver platter.

Equal opportunity doesn't exist. Luck and connections are just as important as hard work is when it comes to becoming rich. Some of the smartest, hard working people I know are solidly middle class and I know some absolutely idiots who lucked into their money.
Jesus. Way to take the meritocracy argument to an insane point. Sure the nba isn't a meritocracy.... some people are taller and have more athleticism...

Just want to point out that the thread title was "twitter in absolute shambles" and the facts are that twitter has added 15 million users and had its highest traffic in co history. The thing that is collapsing is advertising because of the type of people that protest everything. Maybe someday businesses will figure out that the kind of people with blue hair that protest twitter don't buy pick up trucks or shop at Lowes.

So the point of your entire take is simply that you are a troll.
No, because making one statement doesn't mean it's my only statement. This isn't the first time in the thread you've struggled with that concept. But to be honest I'm too devastated by the laughing emojis you put on my posts to articulate anything beyond that. Thanks for reading!

• Haha
Followers seemingly always have all the answers to what the builders and producers are doing. But, they're usually following for a reason and that has a lot to do with not having the gumption to create and execute a plan for fear of failure. So, they just complain about someone else doing what they can't do themselves.

You're welcome to go back to my first post in the thread to find out. Everything I've said since then has been defending that point or correcting misinterpretations of it.

No, because making one statement doesn't mean it's my only statement. This isn't the first time in the thread you've struggled with that concept. But to be honest I'm too devastated by the laughing emojis you put on my posts to articulate anything beyond that. Thanks for reading!
🤔

He's the world's ultimate Troll, and everything about the man seems to toe the line between chaos and geniusness, including the history of SpaceX and Tesla. Personally, I think he's really weird and awkward. I don't really like him, and he just paid about $25 billion too much for this struggling company. We know it's a terrible investment because HE TOLD US. So far, it's been a disaster. I'm sure that will continue. But hey, he's pulled off miracles before.

Sidenote: I'm shocked there isn't more outrage over the amount of time he's taking away from Tesla, and the impact that may have. While he's been busy saving humanity's right to free speech or whatever, Tesla stock is down 52% YTD. As a key shareholder/stakeholder, I'd be pissed.

Probably so. He's very likely a genius, but what a complete social weirdo. Think of how many lives he upended because he had a whim to buy that company.
Jeff, noticed that YouTube is running some commercials before I watch you videos. Hope those are starting to pay a little. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Reactions: BluegrassBlake
I feel like I'm doing a lot of unnecessary hand-holding here, but the post about how mad people like you get over this was after the post saying "everything since then..."
I'm not mad at all, just in awe of how stupid/dense one can be and still get paid as an educator of the youth in this country. Says a lot about the state of things right now.

I'm not mad at all, just in awe of how stupid/dense one can be and still get paid as an educator of the youth in this country. Says a lot about the state of things right now.
Weird, bro. Have a good day.

You're entitled to your opinion. I'm not interested in it, nor am I interested in your drift, but you're welcome to both.

Simple-minded people are enamored with Musk because he's neurodiverse and wealthy and they like to think there's some sort of magic going on there. He's currently trying to fix Twitter by making IT employees drive into the office. That's dumb. Charging a nominal fee for verification, which is an essential feature of the site for it to work properly, not a symbol of clout, was dumb, and that's been proven in less than 24 hours. His money and his eccentricity don't make it smart.

-public school teacher calls highly educated and wildly successful first generation American (Mr. Mehico) "simpleminded".

^what an immense turd.

Last edited:

WTF are you people talking about? 90% of lottery winners and professional athletes go broke. Those people were LITERALLY handed millions. Do you know why? Because 80% of society are complete and utter morons. You’re not successful because you had a stable family life, you are successful because you’re smarter than most people. If 100% of the world has your exact upbringing 80% of society would still be poor. We’re not all equal. In the same vain if 100% of people were given 200k in their 20s then .1% would know how to grow it to 200 billion, that doesn’t make Elon Musk less impressive. I personally would’ve had no clue what to do with that money in my 20s.
Why is it weird to be impressed by the most successful in our society? It’s no different than being impressed by an Olympic gold medal winner. I mean the guy has a pretty damn impressive career, not sure how that’s controversial all of a sudden.

Some people like to reduce every person down to their political beliefs.

I mean is that what it is? I don’t have Twitter but I know enough about it to see it gets people in tremendously shitty moods. It seemed like 5 years ago everyone was in love with him because the moron literally started the first successful electric car company in the history of humanity but now a bunch of those same people seem to hate him.

Says the troll
Says the guy who's "not mad at all" but sees nothing wrong with putting someone's personal information into an online discussion. It takes nothing to piss some of you guys off and make it personal, lol. Enjoy your day. I'm gonna have healthy boundaries and end the conversation here.

• Haha
FTR I’ve enjoyed BristolCats posts in the past and was simply calling out what I thought was a bad take about Musk and have no beef with him - consider me Switzerland 😂

Says the guy who's "not mad at all" but sees nothing wrong with putting someone's personal information into an online discussion. It takes nothing to piss some of you guys off and make it personal, lol. Enjoy your day. I'm gonna have healthy boundaries and end the conversation here.
I posted nothing you yourself have not posted on this board previously.

Stay salty 😄

Reactions: BristolCat
-I changed my post about Bristol from "loser" to "turd".

^he's an OK fella...and schoolteachers are to be commended. He is acting like a very small person in this thread...but he's not a loser.
I don't think he's a loser, but he's acting like one here.

Twitter will be fine. Whole bunch of whiny a$$es making a big deal because he’s actually making them show up and work. If your boss says to go back to work then take you butt back to the office.

I’m FAR from being one of these MAGA dudes, but this new culture of b!tch and complain about every little thing that doesn’t cater to you has run it’s course with me. I’m sick of these losers.

This. It's pretty shocking what was actually going on there and it was all the things they swore weren't happening.

Coming to work is not some insane requirement to all but a certain segment of people. There is no shortage of programmers dying to work with Elon musk. So there people will be shocked to learn they are easily replaceable and probably with people 10x (at least) more productive.

I do have zero doubt there is a revenue issue. I discussed why in another thread and won't bring it here.

It's also pretty apparent Twitter was secretly saddled with a sh1tload of debt. Of course Elon knew that through due diligence, but it wasn't a fact known to the general public. Seems to me he is positioning to restructure that debt with it's holders either voluntarily or via bankruptcy.

I always chuckle at the throngs of social media posts talking about how stupid he is. Yes I'm sure the creater of online payment systems, online banking, modern electric vehicles, modern spaceflight, and the one boring under the earth to solve traffic is a complete idiot.

Ya maybe he won't figure it out but anyone is crazy to bet against him.

JMO but the guy is a self-proclaimed Republican, so the media and liberals hate him and look for reasons to attack him. For the same reasons, Republicans love him and look for reasons to defend him. If the opposite were true, the media would love him and the Republicans would attack him. Just another example of the political polarization of our country.

WTF are you people talking about? 90% of lottery winners and professional athletes go broke. Those people were LITERALLY handed millions. Do you know why? Because 80% of society are complete and utter morons. You’re not successful because you had a stable family life, you are successful because you’re smarter than most people. If 100% of the world has your exact upbringing 80% of society would still be poor. We’re not all equal. In the same vain if 100% of people were given 200k in their 20s then .1% would know how to grow it to 200 billion, that doesn’t make Elon Musk less impressive. I personally would’ve had no clue what to do with that money in my 20s.
Why is it weird to be impressed by the most successful in our society? It’s no different than being impressed by an Olympic gold medal winner. I mean the guy has a pretty damn impressive career, not sure how that’s controversial all of a sudden.

Society needs people that can accumulate wealth and attempt to do good with it. By all accounts, Musk is a pretty decent guy that is using his brain to connect people and ideas to impact positive change. I mean, this guy was a hero for the Green movement once upon a time but when he decided to buy Twitter, he suddenly became a threat to our way of life.

If compared to other of the mega wealthy with a philanthropy type of mindset, I'd take 10 Musks over a Zuckerberg, Bezos or Gates type. He's far from perfect but feel he's more genuine than the aforementioned.

It's an IF and a big one at that but if Musk were to figure out Neuralink, he'll go down in history as a GOAT in science. Would rather see him focused more on that than the Twitter cesspool but not my fortune and not my decision.

This. It's pretty shocking what was actually going on there and it was all the things they swore weren't happening.

Coming to work is not some insane requirement to all but a certain segment of people. There is no shortage of programmers dying to work with Elon musk. So there people will be shocked to learn they are easily replaceable and probably with people 10x (at least) more productive.

I do have zero doubt there is a revenue issue. I discussed why in another thread and won't bring it here.

It's also pretty apparent Twitter was secretly saddled with a sh1tload of debt. Of course Elon knew that through due diligence, but it wasn't a fact known to the general public. Seems to me he is positioning to restructure that debt with it's holders either voluntarily or via bankruptcy.

I always chuckle at the throngs of social media posts talking about how stupid he is. Yes I'm sure the creater of online payment systems, online banking, modern electric vehicles, modern spaceflight, and the one boring under the earth to solve traffic is a complete idiot.

Ya maybe he won't figure it out but anyone is crazy to bet against him.
Couldn’t agree more. I own zero stock in any of Elon’s companies and I don’t own a Tesla. I have no skin in the game to care about him personally or the success of his companies, but to act like he isn’t an absolute genius that knows how to run a business is asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT