ADVERTISEMENT

OT transfer imminent?

IIRC, he once verballed to Kentucky and flipped to UF.

If good enough to start at UT, I say he’s likely good enough to start at UK.
From my notes, Mincey, Richie Leonard (OL) and Lamar Goods (DL) were all UK decommits that went to UF in 2020. Interesting that UK has basically owned UF since then.

Edit ... not trying to say anything about the 3...just saying how despite losing those 3 commits, UK has fared well against UF. UK OL recruits that year included Flax and John Young, but the DL recruits were Justin Rogers, Josiah Hayes, Ox, Anaele and Rybka.

Last edited:
Damn! Other than Ole Miss, we seem to be doing as well as anyone landing needed players from the portal. I am honestly starting to like the portal more than traditional recruiting of high school players, as it seems we are much more successful at landing studs from the portal. Going forward, I honestly wouldn't mind to see us split each year's recruiting into a 50/50 mix of portal and high school guys. I think this could be the formula to take UK to that next level.

There cant be many teams that have done a better job in the portal this year than Stoops has with UK.

Of course their play will show us just how good we did...but its encouraging what we have done in the portal.

We are nearly two-deep with transfers on the offensive line next year:
Cox - N Illinois
Ray - West Virginia
Mincey - Tennessee
Farmer - Florida
Bowles - Alabama
Ford - USC
Christman - Ohio State

Reactions: The-Hack
Cox - N Illinois
Ray - West Virginia
Mincey - Tennessee
Farmer - Florida
Bowles - Alabama
Ford - USC
Christman - Ohio State
This shows you how bad we have recruited and developed HS kids since Schlarman passed away. Luckily the portal came along or we would be godawful on the Line (we still havent been great).

Reactions: K86
Cox - N Illinois
Ray - West Virginia
Mincey - Tennessee
Farmer - Florida
Bowles - Alabama
Ford - USC
Christman - Ohio State
I know post-Schlarman our recruiting and developing of offensive linemen fell off a cliff but damn, I hope we're on a path to development and not needing to bring in multiple o-line transfers ever year.

I think it’s more of a change in approach to the recruitment of offensive linemen. Traditionally, offensive linemen have to be developed. Even under Schlarman, it was usually year 3 in the program before a lineman would be ready to compete on a SEC level. And usually, that meant a little on the field growing pains. Now, you can go get an experienced, fully developed OL in the portal, minus the growing pains. But also,, the development. It seems we have made our chose to which is the better option. Time will tell if that chose was the right one.

I think it’s more of a change in approach to the recruitment of offensive linemen. Traditionally, offensive linemen have to be developed. Even under Schlarman, it was usually year 3 in the program before a lineman would be ready to compete on a SEC level. And usually, that meant a little on the field growing pains. Now, you can go get an experienced, fully developed OL in the portal, minus the growing pains. But also,, the development. It seems we have made our chose to which is the better option. Time will tell if that chose was the right one.
Well this season the only positive thing I could say about the offensive line is that they were better than last year's debacle. We're nowhere near where we were in the 2016-2021 period.

Maybe he knows Coen staying. If not, then Coen doesn't much matter to him because he knows we're a quality program w/o Coen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT