ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PJ Washington Getting Screwed...

Unfortunately, child support payments are usually established based on a formula that tabulates both parents' income and the percentage of the total each bring to the table. Given PJ makes 99.9% of the total income, the formula tilts wildly in the primary parent's favor.

Judges are usually powerless to make exceptions based on circumstances. Good example: My ex-wife refused to work for a year causing me to have to pay crazy-high support payments. Then, when she did get a job, I had to pay court and attorney costs to get the support payment re-calculated.

Damn, you got me started! Poor PJ.

How can he be forced to pay 2.4 million a year in child support lol, he probably literally doesn’t even have that amount of money if he didn’t spend a dime after taxes. He made 3.8 million last year, that’s probably 2.2 million after taxes and agent fees.

The “patriarchy” men set up for themselves in this country’s legal system favors the women 100% of the time.

There should be a max on what child support could be in this country, the average amount of dollars it takes to raise a child divided by 18 years.

If this happened to me I’d end up in prison, I don’t think I’d appreciate my money or my child being a game to this woman.

PJ has money for lawyers. That’s a ridiculous amount and will be adjusted soon I bet. As for whether or not he should’ve seen it coming…
It won’t likely be adjusted downward. Judges have very limited discretion to deviate from the child support formulas mandated by law (which are primarily based on the non-custodial parent’s income).

That’s why there’s a lot of women out there eager to get knocked up by a baller. It’s their ticket to the good life.

It’s up to the players to be smarter about their choices in women.

Last edited:
It won’t be adjusted downward. Instead, after his next contract, it will be adjusted to an even higher amount. Judges have very limited discretion to deviate from the child support formulas mandated by law (which are primarily based on the non-custodial parent’s income).

That’s why there’s a lot of women out there eager to get knocked up by a baller. It’s a surefire ticket to the good life.
Seems like you know what you are talking about. If he were to file for joint/equal custody, would he still have to pay that amount? Not sure how this would work though with him being on the road half the year.

Reactions: J_Dee
Not sure how this is even legal or allowed. Why do you need $200,000 a month to take care of a baby? Especially when she posts stuff like this to social media.. Sorry.. bored and just thought this was insane.

I agree. I'm skeptical that this is even true. In fact, the only way I think it's possible is if Washington voluntarily agreed to the amount - which is crazy.

I'm not sure how the court arrived at this amount. I would be really interested to know how she got that amount of child support.

This is a field that I know quite a lot about, not necessarily in North Carolina, but looking at their child support tables the maximum amount of support for 1 child maxes out at $2,505.00 per month. This is based on combined income of $30k/month. Courts can always deviate upwards, but I am shocked how a judge can go from 8% of PJ's income going to child support to about 57% of his income.

It won’t be adjusted downward. Instead, after his next contract, it may be adjusted to an even higher amount. Judges have very limited discretion to deviate from the child support formulas mandated by law (which are primarily based on the non-custodial parent’s income).

That’s why there’s a lot of women out there eager to get knocked up by a baller. It’s a surefire ticket to the good life.

It’s up to the players to be smarter about their choices in women.
While this is largely true. I have a hard time believing the judge based this original award on any formula. It sounds to me like she got some sort of default order in place.

As I pointed out in my previous post the North Carolina child support tables max out at $2,505/month for one child. The Courts can deviate upwards, but it must be consistent with the table. The Court can't replace an 8% child support order with a 57% child order on PJ's gross income.

Wrap that thing up problem solved. He better make some bank the next 18 years. 2.4 mil a year times 18 years is crazy money. Edit that’s 43.2 mil over 18 years. Their is no booty worth that.
I will never understand why they don’t wrap it up. And not just due to pregnancy concerns.

Reactions: awf
Damn. To go from faking a birthday for a free piece of cheesecake to paying $200,000 a month in child support. Unreal!

Seems like you know what you are talking about. If he were to file for joint/equal custody, would he still have to pay that amount? Not sure how this would work though with him being on the road half the year.

Just went through a divorce in KY. I make more income but we splitting custody 50%; however, that fact doesn't even come into play when calculating support. Crazy, I know. Thankfully my ex was reasonable.

In KY the goal of child support is to equalize the finances across both households.

Not sure how this is even legal or allowed. Why do you need $200,000 a month to take care of a baby? Especially when she posts stuff like this to social media.. Sorry.. bored and just thought this was insane.

The formula for child support, depending on the state, is usually set by statute. The amount can fluctuate based on changes in income so PJ may not have to pay 200K for 18 years. The amount is excessive and there should be a cap. I also hope PJ had a prenuptial agreement. Even if PJ has joint custody, the wife usually becomes the primary custodian which means she gets the child support. PJ can certainly seek a change in this custodial arrangement.

i know these young millionaires get advice about being careful with money seeking women but sometimes their thinking gets misdirected.

I knew a girl who did this. She told me directly that she planned to move to a specific city, stalk an athlete from a specific team (not a specific player, but just one from this specific team), hook up and get pregnant, marry, and never work again. She told me this one day; I laughed and thought she was crazy.

She did exactly that. Still living the good life to this day; doesn’t work. This is 100% fact.

Wrap that thing up problem solved. He better make some bank the next 18 years. 2.4 mil a year times 18 years is crazy money. Edit that’s 43.2 mil over 18 years. Their is no booty worth that.
If his salary changes his child support will be adjusted accordingly. It won’t be that for the next 18 years u less PJ can defy father time and his talent

Reactions: STL_Cat
Just googled around and sounds like this is just an unconfirmed rumor likely to be be bullshit.

But I learned more about the mom and she’s quite a piece of work. She used to be known for bragging online about all the famous celebrities that she’s slept with, and has been romantically/sexually linked to a long list of famous ballers and rappers including James Harden, Ben Simmons, Colin Koepernick, Jamal Murray, Chris Brown, Drake and other rappers I’d not heard of.

So a 27-year-old woman with that history inexplicably goes to Kentucky, enrolls in UK, promptly seduces a teenager into marrying her, waits for him to cash in, gets knocked up, and then secretly files for divorce two weeks after the kid is born.

Suffice to say, PJ got played something awful. Which I get, given how much younger and more naïve he was than her. But did nobody older try to warn him away from her? The warning signs were screamingly obvious to those who’ve been around the block a few times.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT