ADVERTISEMENT

OT Patrick Ewing tests positive for coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will be 75 next month and don't worry about this virus. More people died from the flu than this virus. We are being lied to BIG TIME !
Wrong on so many levels. When did the flu last kill 100,000 Americans in a few months, especially considering the drastic steps of shutting down the country and social distancing?What kind of complete dumbass makes a statement like you just did?

Last edited:
Wrong on so many levels. When did the flu last kill 100,000 Americans in a few months? What kind of complete dumbass makes a statement like you just did?

Those numbers may not be accurate. We won't know until death count of 2020 is over come next January 2021 and we compare it to previous years death data.

Reactions: btownblue
Those numbers may not be accurate. We won't know until death count of 2020 is over come next January 2021 and we compare it to previous years death data.
And? Think there won’t be a lot of deaths even in the face of world wide efforts?

Wrong on so many levels. When did the flu last kill 100,000 Americans in a few months, especially considering the drastic steps of shutting down the country and social distancing?What kind of complete dumbass makes a statement like you just did?
They're polititards. They care more about politics than people's lives. They all have the same moronic talking points because they're sheep who get them from the same political talking head.

They're polititards. They care more about politics than people's lives. They all have the same moronic talking points because they're sheep who get them from the same political talking head.
I mean his odds are still pretty good that he’s not going to catch it. It’s just his odds are not that good if he does.

In the same week, Sir Fauci said we can’t shake hands anymore and then said it was ok to have sex with a stranger off the internet. LoL! :flush:

Didn’t the CDC say today the death rate of Covid is .4 - as opposed to 3.0-4.0 that was predicted a couple of months ago? And counting asymptomatic cases, it’s around .26? I use question marks because I read that, and honestly I don’t trust anyone these days when it comes to news. Anyway, if those numbers are right, if the facts have changed that drastically since mid March.....some folks need to reorient their thinking.

I mean, that’s what you do when facts change. Right?

Didn’t the CDC say today the death rate of Covid is .4 - as opposed to 3.0-4.0 that was predicted a couple of months ago? And counting asymptomatic cases, it’s around .26? I use question marks because I read that, and honestly I don’t trust anyone these days when it comes to news. Anyway, if those numbers are right, if the facts have changed that drastically since mid March.....some folks need to reorient their thinking.

Lol, no. No one reputable said the overall total for the globe would be 3 - 4%. It always been expected to be below 1% when factoring in the global population. That is factoring in everyone both infected and non-infected. The 3 - 4% is the number associated with actual cases of covid 19. You do realize .4 would be 4 times higher than the seasonal flu?

You all will know the truth one day.

Reactions: DontTreadonMe910
As soon as faculties are starting to open back up. Doesn’t seem like the best timing for those of us that want college sports back. Thoughts?
The DC area is the last to “peak”. What’s happening here is different than what people are going through in other areas

i will be 75 next month and don't worry about this virus. More people died from the flu than this virus. We are being lied to BIG TIME !

I respectfully say I completely disagree with your flu comment.

1. Seasonal flu doesn’t kill this many people.
2. We are at the end of May, and the daily death toll is extremely high; again it, it is May. Seasonal flu never kills nearly this many people.....particularly in May.
3. There’s no real sign nationwide daily deaths are about to go down, particularly with things now “opening up”; the death toll will get much higher than it currently is.
4. Most everyone is living sort of like a hermit and most are trying to be responsible by sanitizing, wearing masks, etc.—businesses and schools have been shut down for 2 months and we are still approaching 100K deaths. We NEVER take these extreme steps to mitigate seasonal flu deaths. Yet in spite of these extreme measures, the deaths are higher than seasonal flu death numbers.

So there is no comparison to Covid-19 and seasonal flu being about the same and certainly seasonal flu is in no way worse; it’s not even a close call. Not saying seasonal flu deaths aren’t tragic and a very large and unfortunate number die from it, but c’mon man, you know this pandemic ain’t less deadly than annual bouts of seasonal flu....

And I’ll agree there are lies being told, but we probably won’t agree on who is telling them so I won’t go there. I’ll just wish you to be safe and well and I take satisfaction in knowing you and I both will be glad when things are safe again and we can watch our Cats play (not re-runs)—I’m pretty sure we are in lock step agreement on that!

Read that some guy in Nevada went to a roadside clinic and for the hell of it got a Covid test. They called him at work that it was positive so he leaves work, and on the way home dies in a car wreak.

cause of death, Covid 19. No question in some of these blue states this virus is political.

I read your statement and was really putting some thought into it until your last sentence. I think it's horrible that you have to resort to calling someone a name to get your point across. Whatever I thought about your post went out the window with that last sentence. It's a shame because I thought it was a pretty good comment until then. How ridiculous.

Read that some guy in Nevada went to a roadside clinic and for the hell of it got a Covid test. They called him at work that it was positive so he leaves work, and on the way home dies in a car wreak.

cause of death, Covid 19. No question in some of these blue states this virus is political.[/QUO
link?

I'm going to give you the answer. He can't remember what site he saw it on and he can't search his devices browser history. You can just google it if you want to know so bad. So I did.

https://www.wfmz.com/health/coronav...cle_768425fc-77fc-11ea-9c71-bf0a00d2beb8.html

I am guessing this is what he referencing since it was the only thing closely related I could find. If you notice in the last sentence, it clearly states he died from respiratory issues related to covid-19.

Lol. There aren’t 100,000 deaths from this virus. That number is a fantasy. A fraud. A figure used to cause panic. Officials have admitted the virus is listed as the cause of death even if it didn’t kill the person. 38,000 are killed per year in car accidents in the United States and 4.4 million are injured seriously enough to require medical attention. Yet we continue driving and will until the end of time. Is 38,000 deaths and that many injured per year not enough for all of us to turn in our vehicles? If not, why not?

Lol. There aren’t 100,000 deaths from this virus. That number is a fantasy. A fraud. A figure used to cause panic. Officials have admitted the virus is listed as the cause of death even if it didn’t kill the person. 38,000 are killed per year in car accidents in the United States and 4.4 million are injured seriously enough to require medical attention. Yet we continue driving and will until the end of time. Is 38,000 deaths and that many injured per year not enough for all of us to turn in our vehicles? If not, why not?
When did car accidents become contagious?

I respectfully say I completely disagree with your flu comment.

1. Seasonal flu doesn’t kill this many people.
2. We are at the end of May, and the daily death toll is extremely high; again it, it is May. Seasonal flu never kills nearly this many people.....particularly in May.
3. There’s no real sign nationwide daily deaths are about to go down, particularly with things now “opening up”; the death toll will get much higher than it currently is.
4. Most everyone is living sort of like a hermit and most are trying to be responsible by sanitizing, wearing masks, etc.—businesses and schools have been shut down for 2 months and we are still approaching 100K deaths. We NEVER take these extreme steps to mitigate seasonal flu deaths. Yet in spite of these extreme measures, the deaths are higher than seasonal flu death numbers.

So there is no comparison to Covid-19 and seasonal flu being about the same and certainly seasonal flu is in no way worse; it’s not even a close call. Not saying seasonal flu deaths aren’t tragic and a very large and unfortunate number die from it, but c’mon man, you know this pandemic ain’t less deadly than annual bouts of seasonal flu....

And I’ll agree there are lies being told, but we probably won’t agree on who is telling them so I won’t go there. I’ll just wish you to be safe and well and I take satisfaction in knowing you and I both will be glad when things are safe again and we can watch our Cats play (not re-runs)—I’m pretty sure we are in lock step agreement on that!
In 2017 it killed more than 60,000. This year we were on pace to have a bad flu season, until Covid 19, and coincidentally those statistics went away.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
It’s worse. There will be tens of thousands of deaths every year decade after decade long after this virus threat is over. So answer the question- are those deaths acceptable for you to drive and if so, why?
Well, the virus will never be over. We may never even have a vaccination. But we will also be more prepared and more people will have natural immunity. Thus, we won't have to worry about mass hospitalizations resulting in even more death. Which is what most people don't realize this was about.

Car death rates have been declining because we have implemented more restrictions, laws and improvements to vehicle safety. If the vehicular fatality suddenly spiked 3x it's current rate in just 3 months and we led the globe astronomically in total deaths, I would walk, bike or try public transport. Maybe even consider a helmet.

I don't think any deaths that can be easily prevented are okay, particularly mass amounts. How about you?

Also, if deaths increased, particularly to covid-19 levels, would you take steps to alleviate that and hopefully prevent more?

Lastly, can you please cite where deaths are being over reported or that the death rate is inflated? Even the white house is admitting it's likely going to be higher and experts think it's currently under-reported. I would be interested in seeing the opposing research.

Last edited:
Well, the virus will never be over. We may never even have a vaccination. But we will also be more prepared and more people will have natural immunity. Thus, we won't have to worry about mass hospitalizations resulting in even more death. Which is what most people don't realize this was about.

Car death rates have been declining because we have implemented more restrictions, laws and improvements to vehicle safety. If the vehicular fatality suddenly spiked 3x it's current rate in just 3 months and we led the globe astronomically in total deaths, I would walk, bike or try public transport.

I don't think any deaths that can be easily prevented are okay, particularly mass amounts. How about you?

Also, if deaths increased, particularly to covid-19 levels, would you take steps to alleviate that and hopefully prevent more?

Also, can you please cite where deaths are being over reported or that the death rate is inflated. Even the white house is admitting it's likely going to be higher and experts think it's currently under-reported. I would be interested in seeing the opposing research.
If I remember correctly, and I will check YouTube, federal officials, including an African American lady whose name escapes me, said the cause of death would be listed as the virus even if it didn’t cause the person’s death. The person just had to have the virus.
I have maintained the country has to take the virus seriously and people who are most vulnerable must take extreme precautions. But the country must open up.

You have no idea if or when you will get the virus. You have no idea if or when you will be in a car accident. You can stay in shelter and not get the virus. You can stay home and guarantee you won’t be in a car accident. Yet you drive every day, sometimes multiple times a day, risking getting in a car accident, something you have absolutely no control over. Knowing tens of thousands die in car accidents every year and millions get hurt and require medical attention. That doesn’t stop you from driving.

Car death rates have been declining because we have implemented more restrictions, laws and improvements to vehicle safety. If the vehicular fatality suddenly spiked 3x it's current rate in just 3 months and we led the globe astronomically in total deaths, I would walk, bike or try public transport.

Also, can you please cite where deaths are being over reported or that the death rate is inflated. Even the white house is admitting it's likely going to be higher and experts think it's currently under-reported. I would be interested in seeing the opposing research.

There was a report of COVID being cited as cause of death when a guy had a .55 BAC in Colorado.

Additionally, if the virus is as contagious as claimed (which I don't dispute) the fact of the matter is far more than 1/2 of 1 percent of the population has had it. This would stand to reason that death rate is significantly lower than what is reported. Antibody study in California claiming 55x to 80x more people had COVID than what was reported in one county alone.

If I remember correctly, and I will check YouTube, federal officials, including an African American lady whose name escapes me, said the cause of death would be listed as the virus even if it didn’t cause the person’s death. The person just had to have the virus.
I have maintained the country has to take the virus seriously and people who are most vulnerable must take extreme precautions. But the country must open up.

You have no idea if or when you will get the virus. You have no idea if or when you will be in a car accident. You can stay in shelter and not get the virus. You can stay home and guarantee you won’t be in a car accident. Yet you drive every day, sometimes multiple times a day, risking getting in a car accident, something you have absolutely no control over. Knowing tens of thousands die in car accidents every year and millions get hurt and require medical attention. That doesn’t stop you from driving.

I am worried for my parents, scared for my kids going back to school, concerned for myself and friends/family- everyone...but what is alternative?

Reality doesn't allow for America to stay shut down. 40% unemployment in our state is not sustainable.

When the going gets tough the tough get going. We need to protect the vulnerable and do our due diligence to best control this while pushing forward.

I am worried for my parents, scared for my kids going back to school, concerned for myself and friends/family- everyone...but what is alternative?

Reality doesn't allow for America to stay shut down. 40% unemployment in our state is not sustainable.

When the going gets tough the tough get going. We need to protect the vulnerable and do our due diligence to best control this while pushing forward.
I simply point to car accidents to provide prospective. Americans have accepted that on average, 104 of their fellow citizens will die every day of every year for decades to come as a terrible, regrettable cost of a functioning modern society. That cost could be completely avoided if no one drove a vehicle. Yet we all do. The modern society must also function in the face of the virus.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
The CDC, WHO, doctors & nurses, and virologist are all over the place. We hear one thing this week and something different the next, which is understandable since this is new. The only things that have been constant are that the models used, even those that accounted for social distancing, have been off and that if you question what you’re being told from the media the Corona Nazis will light into you.

We’re being fooled into thinking that personal liberties are selfish. I am cautious but not afraid. I am considerate to those around me who are in a high risk population, but I will still do whatever I want to do.

In my community of about 55k-65k there have been around 60 cases and 1-2 deaths. In Az 80% of deaths have been 65 and older with comorbidity.
So there is less than half percent chance of catching it and then less than 1/2 percent chance of my death... so my chance of death from covid is literally less than one in a million. And even the elderly would be lotto odds. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT