Should be named after Shaq anyway.

-2x consensus All American
-AP POY
-Rupp Trophy
LSU Grad
-#1 pick, 4x NBA Champ, MVP, Top 15 All time NBA'er
-Major donor to LSU
-Blue Chips Star

Or you could name it after a guy with a sub .600 win percentage....no offense, just saying.

Dang. Brown gets no respect. Lol. LSU doesn’t want his name on anything and then he gets to do all the work at Memphis while Ol Peso cusses at the media.

Should be named after Shaq anyway.

-2x consensus All American
-AP POY
-Rupp Trophy
LSU Grad
-#1 pick, 4x NBA Champ, MVP, Top 15 All time NBA'er
-Major donor to LSU
-Blue Chips Star

Or you could name it after a guy with a sub .600 win percentage....no offense, just saying.

First think I thought of is naming it “The Shaq”. But you could keep Dale Brown court and rename the arena. Or rename the court the Shaq like NM has “The Pit”.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Easy compromise to this IMO is to keep Brown's name for the men's games and then when the women play there they use Gunther's name.

Dale Brown put LSU on the map.I didn't like him when he was there but I respect him alot more now.If you ever get a chance to watch SEC Storied.Watch the one with him and Shaq and the close bond they had.I can remember our 1978 National Champion team going down there and losing to them in OT(one of 2 losses that year).And the heartbreaking loss in 86 to them keeping us out of the final four also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT