ADVERTISEMENT

OT/Jim Harbaugh set to interview this week with the Denver Broncos

I'm just shocked he's so hellbent on getting out of town after he finally started getting the results he was expected to get. Is it just because of the violations? Or is there more to it?

I'm just shocked he's so hellbent on getting out of town after he finally started getting the results he was expected to get. Is it just because of the violations? Or is there more to it?
He can make the playoffs just to get dragged by the SEC.
Plus college coaching is much more of a headache than it was. And JH never seemed to enjoy the college parts of the job. I didn’t figure he would’ve made it this long.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
He can make the playoffs just to get dragged by the SEC.
Plus college coaching is much more of a headache than it was. And JH never seemed to enjoy the college parts of the job. I didn’t figure he would’ve made it this long.

Honestly to me it is also part of sibling rivalry … his brother John Harbaugh has something he doesn’t and that is a Super Bowl ring … you can only get that in the NFL

Being a college coach is a much tougher grind because of recruiting and that has only gotten worse the last couple years.

Reactions: gamecockcat
I wouldn't coach college football for all the money in the world. I think any coach with NFL options (including coordinator positions) would go that route rather than have to recruit up to 150 kids per year.

He is trying his hardest to get out of College Football … From CBS Sports:

Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper did indeed have a phone conversation recently with Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh. But the Panthers owner didn't initiate the call.

Sources tell CBS Sports that Harbaugh -- or his representation -- had been calling Tepper with some regularity in recent weeks. Tepper eventually held a conversation with Harbaugh, but it was never characterized as a job interview for the permanent head coaching job in Carolina.

Reactions: Smashcat
With recruiting and NIL, college coaching has become significant;y more difficult/time consuming than NFL coaching. NFL head coaches have an offseason and work far fewer hours during the week because they don't have to travel and phone bank for recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT