ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ex UF big and SECN's Patric Young was left paralyzed from the waist down after car accident

One of my favorite people, basketball or no. This is so sad to hear. Will be praying. Our God does miracles.

I have never been one to buckle up unless driving on the interstate. Never understood why wearing one is the law while motorcyclist aren’t required to wear helmets.

tough news on Young. Great analyst and a great overall man it appears. Definitely hope to see him make the most of his unfortunate circumstance and I believe he will.
That's some all-time bad logical reasoning there.

Don’t pity him. That’s exactly what he doesn’t need. He has owned up to what caused his condition. Quit speaking of him in the past tense. Listen to his message, you don’t hear a guy that’s given up on life. Life is a journey, full of ups and downs, high points and low points. It’s how you respond that defines you. Keeping a positive presence is key. From my playing days in football, I can no longer do a lot of things folks take for granted. You work with what you have and you make the best of it. You still have folks out there that love you, depend on you, come to you seeking advice. I can see this dude being a leader.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I wish him the best mentally and physically. I also hope this doesn't end his work on the SEC network. He's a very good basketball analyst.
feel like you can analyze basketball from a wheelchair just as you can standing, I don't see how they should let it impact his role. I hope he stays on as well.

Reactions: Smashcat
That's some all-time bad logical reasoning there.
That’s not my reasoning, just never understood it. My reasoning is probably more tied to spent several years in outside sales in my 20’s and early 30’s so in and out of the car alot and short distance driving so just never bothered. Just a habit I never developed.

I just saw another Florida big, Chandler Parsons, endorsing Morgan and Morgan on tv for their representation after his car accident. Hadn’t heard about that either.

It's pretty terrible, but he's honestly the type of dude that can handle something like that. He'll conquer that challenge and inspire others.

EDIT; I can't believe there are people out there that don't wear a seat belt. Do you consciously decide not to, or you just never do and don't realize it isn't on? I sure don't get it.
I got into the habit of wearing my seat belt while I was taking flying lessons + I had a sister get killed in a car accident mainly b/c she wasn't wearing a seat belt- car flipped and she went out of the window and the car landed on her.

Bless Patric and his family as they worry over him and I pray that someday he will walk again.

That’s not my reasoning, just never understood it. My reasoning is probably more tied to spent several years in outside sales in my 20’s and early 30’s so in and out of the car alot and short distance driving so just never bothered. Just a habit I never developed.
Start doing it. I was T-Boned in the front of my car when I pulled out of a gas station, I was in a Hyundai Sonata and got hit by a Chevy Tahoe going about 60 MPH, hit me square in my driver side door. Outside a knee injury for me and my wife from hitting the crumpled front end , I had minor injuries only. Both kids in the back seat had nothing and we all had seatbelts on.

Reactions: UK67KU59
I haven’t been around in awhile, but stopped in and saw this thread. Very kind words from all. I heard of this accident the day it happened, and never thought he would still not be walking. He was on a rural road, and flipped his vehicle.
He has an unreal mental and spiritual approach, and optimism for a slow recovery remains. I do think we will see him on SECN.
I hope everyone here is doing well. I think some exciting news on the horizon.

Dude I didn't know he was hurt. He's good on the SEC network.

I didn't have seatbelt on while back. I ate the ****ing steering wheel. Busted my ****ing eye. Had to have my eyecut glued together. Black eye for 3 weeks.

Put your seat belt on or deal with thinking about that shit for a while after it happens. I'm lucky I got a black guy, he lost his legs.

Yes GOD does miracles
Y'all know as well as I do and everyone else..... God don't do nothing. He is hands off.
You figure it out yourself or another human figures it out for you.

Miracles and Gods help? No such thing.
But hey keep putting money in that collection plate.
Maybe you can "seed" you some God miracles 🤔🫣🥺😅

Heck the churches have been compromised since 1980. It's called greed.

You going to church you probably bringing bad luck on yourself at this point and turned Republican haha!

The Democrats even go to church anymore? LOL.

I promise you God ain't "listening" at church anymore.... But he's dang sure watching Earth TV. Always. But just watching. Figure it out for yourself Humans no matter how big or small.

Get better Patrick Young. If you do it'll be science that humans figured out that God made available. Not a miracle or intervention.
That's not how God handles things here.

Hands off is rule #1.

Last edited:
Y'all know as well as I do and everyone else..... God don't do nothing. He is hands off.

You going to church you probably bringing bad luck on yourself at this point and turned Republican haha!

I promise you God ain't "listening" at church anymore.... But he's dang sure watching Earth TV. Always. But just watching. Figure it out for yourself Humans no matter how big or small.

Get better Patrick Young. If you do it'll be science that humans figured out that God made available. Not a miracle or intervention.

Hands off is rule #1.
Why does it make you so angry? Serious question

Reactions: M4CAT

Hands off is rule #1.
I'm not a super religious guy either but it does zero to try and counter religious based arguments with an opposing opinion....even if based on facts or science. You will never change minds and at the end of the day......Nobody living has the answers to all these questions.
I do agree with you about the role of churches in our society shifting to politics/greed in the 80s. It started with Jerry Falwell and the Moral Majority. That is why church membership is at an all time low. Churches should focus on the needy and the soul....Not BS lying politicians and political parties. It totally turns off at least half the population. WE used to sit together in church even if differing on politics. It is one of the main reasons we have become so divided as a nation I believe.

Hands off is rule #1.

Only since 1980? It’s been compromised a LOT longer than that. Catholics have been touching little boys like it’s their birth right for 2000 years now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT