ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Abby Steiner is insane!

To me, it appears that she actually doesn't over-stride like the 3rd place girl seems to do. Instead, she is just pounding the surface with her power. Interested in other observations. She is truly remarkable.
I agree. She seems to be -- analogy alert -- more like a very fast halfback than a wide receiver. Her reserves of power means the 200m is her best event. My take, anyway.

Abby Steiner last three meets reminds me of the 1960 Olympics 100m.

Dave Sime tied the WR in the 100m and went on to Silver in the Olympics .

The 4x100m relay was mishandled completely. The first time USA lost a 100m relay.
It was not the runners fault, the higher ups kept control.

The fasted male on campus (Kentucky) is not on the Track Team.

The middle of July, the World Championship will be in Eugene, OR.
The largest PURE track meet on Earth.

You realize they compete in different events, right?

Kinda like asking who’d win between Tom Brady and Steph Curry. Totally depends upon what game they’re playing.
No I don't. That's why I asked.
Pretty sure they both run track, so not a fair comparison saying basketball and football, right?

No I don't. That's why I asked.
Pretty sure they both run track, so not a fair comparison saying basketball and football, right?
OK, then I’ll clarify. McLaughlin’s best event is the 400M hurdles. Steiner does not hurdle at all. So, if there are any hurdles involved, you can be assured that McLaughlin would easily win. Steiner’s best event is the 200M sprint, If they’re running that, then she easily wins.

So, again, depends upon what game they’re playing.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
OK, then I’ll clarify. McLaughlin’s best event is the 400M hurdles. Steiner does not hurdle at all. So, if there are any hurdles involved, you can be assured that McLaughlin would easily win. Steiner’s best event is the 200M sprint, If they’re running that, then she easily wins.

So, again, depends upon what game they’re playing.
OK. Thx. Makes sense now!
Same game, different specialties.

Reactions: UK90
Coach Green, I know you have at least three sprinters that can handle 10.31 at 100 meters. Thanks.

McLaughlin's and Steiner's closes event is the 4x400m relay.
They both with running start have broken 49 sec.
McLaughlin has not run FOUR world class events in the same day.
I will take Steiner in the mile relay by a nose

Actually… they both run a 400m distance. If you take away the hurdles and have them both run a flat 400m, Steiner wins.

Would be some outstanding PR for UK to start doing ad's starring both SM and AS together in the same ad .. would be GREAT advertising promoting UK.
PS I spoke to Sydney at a UK football game last year the night she was recognized for het achievements , very nice and didnt mind to have a picture taken with me . Go Syd and Abby

Would be some outstanding PR for UK to start doing ad's starring both SM and AS together in the same ad .. would be GREAT advertising promoting UK.
PS I spoke to Sydney at a UK football game last year the night she was recognized for het achievements , very nice and didnt mind to have a picture taken with me . Go Syd and Abby
These 2 have a chance of being 2 of the biggest (if not the 2 biggest) stars for the US at the summer Olympics in 2024. UK would be crazy not to ride that train as much as possible from a PR perspective.

Yep, the 2024 Olympics are fixin to be quite a show for UK fans.

Kinda crazy. UK had no prior history as a track power, so how were we suddenly able to recruit these two world-class superstars back to back like this?
Steiner came to UK to play soccer and I reckon they found out she was all-world fast running without having to kick a ball.

Steiner came to UK to play soccer and I reckon they found out she was all-world fast running without having to kick a ball.
She actually came on a dual scholarship to play soccer and run track. Even thought she started every game her freshman year, she did realize pretty quick that her future was in track. I’m sure she doesn’t regret that decision!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT