ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Abby Steiner is insane!

Doesn't hurt she is beautiful!

We just took our grand-nephew out to the Ky Horse Park. Several times a day, riders bring several breeds out for an audience. Every one of those young women riders were beautiful. I think being incredibly fit helps all aspects of one's appearance.

4b0.gif

Yeah she is Usain Bolt ish with the way she just overpowers her competition and sprints by them.

Maybe Abby having to chase down the leader pushes her harder than if she starts out in or near the lead.

Solid point. I thought the 4th leg runner started off unbelievably strong and then let up late. I wondered if she were conserving her strength for another race, trying to avoid a needless injury or if she just ran out of gas?

I would LOVE to talk to the coach about his/her strategy! That was a fun race to watch!

Reminds me of Secretariat. Big Red enjoyed his nonchalant starts, then dropped the hammer. Abbys kick reminded me very much of his Preakness race.

Dang it, now I have to post his race again. Sorry, its a compulsion.
Buck Passer

Secretariat Preakness

Abby is in very special company.
How did secretariat win with that jockeys uniform? 😀😀😀😀

She is FANTASTIC.

UK Women's Track ... another UK program better than men's basketball now.

Football
Men's Tennis
Women's Track
Rifle
Volleyball
Softball
Men's Soccer
Swimming

• Sad
Reactions: RunninRichie
We just took our grand-nephew out to the Ky Horse Park. Several times a day, riders bring several breeds out for an audience. Every one of those young women riders were beautiful. I think being incredibly fit helps all aspects of one's appearance.
Sure doesn't hurt!😉

Solid point. I thought the 4th leg runner started off unbelievably strong and then let up late. I wondered if she were conserving her strength for another race, trying to avoid a needless injury or if she just ran out of gas?

I would LOVE to talk to the coach about his/her strategy! That was a fun race to watch!
All of those ladies are unbelievable fast, but Abby, omg, she has 2 speeds, here she comes and there she goes.

She is FANTASTIC.

UK Women's Track ... another UK program better than men's basketball now.

Football
Men's Tennis
Women's Track
Rifle
Volleyball
Softball
Men's Soccer
Swimming
This is about track not even about basketball or even basketball season but since you must

Narcissists Hate Seeing You Happy​

Written by Darius Cikanavicius on November 6, 2017
People with strong narcissistic tendencies hate seeing others do well. There are several reasons for this, and we will explore some of them in this article.
First and foremost, true happiness comes from within. Narcissistic people are unable to feel genuine happiness because they severely, or even completely, lack a sense of genuine self.

so take you’re idiot thoughts somewhere else, this is about Abby and she is hot Shyte!!!!!!

I was a DI track coach and NAIA track coach. I was responsible for relays and cannot find fault with this line up. I usually put my fastest on second leg if I have a first leg who can be 1st to hand off or within a couple of steps of 1st. It really depends on your personnel. Steiner not only walked down the leaders but gapped them big time. As for as the 4th leg. She needed to open up the lead before the followers could get their batons. Which she did. The 400 meters is an oxygen deficit event which you have to control for the entire lap. The last 50-70 meters can be excruciating painful physically and mentally. She did an awesome job of maintaining momentum through the tape. Oh, the 4x400 is always the last race of the meet so I doubt she was holding back.

By the way, I coached several NAIA national champion relays and a DMR that ran the 11th fastest time in the world in the Penn Relays.

I was a DI track coach and NAIA track coach. I was responsible for relays and cannot find fault with this line up. I usually put my fastest on second leg if I have a first leg who can be 1st to hand off or within a couple of steps of 1st. It really depends on your personnel. Steiner not only walked down the leaders but gapped them big time. As for as the 4th leg. She needed to open up the lead before the followers could get their batons. Which she did. The 400 meters is an oxygen deficit event which you have to control for the entire lap. The last 50-70 meters can be excruciating painful physically and mentally. She did an awesome job of maintaining momentum through the tape. Oh, the 4x400 is always the last race of the meet so I doubt she was holding back.

By the way, I coached several NAIA national champion relays and a DMR that ran the 11th fastest time in the world in the Penn Relays.

Thanks!! Good insight! I had forgotten about the 4X400 being the last race.

Back in 1974, my HS coach told me if I were to finish second in the 880 we would win the meet (based on points) and finish the season undefeated. He knew our 4X440 team could not finish in the top 2 in the final race so it was up to me. He also told me not to try and stay with the leader because he was one of the top runners in the state. To make a long story short, I laid back and finished 3rd with my slowest time of the season. I cried. But, in the final race (4X440), one runner accidentally tripped another and was disqualified. We won the meet! LOL

I used to be the Associate Director of Athletic Facilities at Penn back in the day. Helped out with the operations of the Penn Relays every year….talk about absolute madhouse and cluster!

I would love to hear the strategy that was used in that race. It has been a LONG time for me since I was involved in track and field but the matchups were interesting, to say the least. The first girl pretty much did what she needed to do by at least keeping it close. The second girl gave up a lot of ground, especially late. Then, Abby was used as the 3rd leg and just overpowered the field. As I recall, wouldn't the 3rd leg traditionally be the weakest leg of the race? I have to say that UK's strategy definitely paid off putting the weakest runner in the 2nd leg. Any thoughts?

BTW, I am not being critical in any way. Congrats to the TEAM!
Yep. That seems to be interesting strategy.

This strategy makes sense to me. Put your best runner right behind your worst runner so she has a better idea what needs to be overcome when she takes the baton.
Also I believe the final runner had the best time and Abby's was second best.

• Haha
Reactions: Kuhldaddy
Also I believe the final runner had the best time and Abby's was second best.
Not sure if you are talking about a different race than the one this post is about but Steiner's time was 48.92, anchor Alexis Holmes was 50.22

I used to be the Associate Director of Athletic Facilities at Penn back in the day. Helped out with the operations of the Penn Relays every year….talk about absolute madhouse and cluster!
Penn Relays is a mad house to negotiate. The meet performances are outstanding, though. Loved every minute.

Not sure if you are talking about a different race than the one this post is about but Steiner's time was 48.92, anchor Alexis Holmes was 50.22

Again, interesting strategy to put your best runner in the 3rd leg. It worked and worked well, obviously.

Reactions: STL_Cat
  • Haha
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Is it me, or is her actual stride just longer than everyone else's?

To me, it appears that she actually doesn't over-stride like the 3rd place girl seems to do. Instead, she is just pounding the surface with her power. Interested in other observations. She is truly remarkable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT