ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar's elbows

SemperFiCat

All-American
Mar 2, 2009
Central Indy
Dude has to stop that. It's not a coincidence. They aren’t accidental. Opponents now know he has a weakness with his emotion control and are now exploiting it. And I don't wanna hear that they are all over him. He simply can NOT retaliate with elbows to the head. He's gonna get tossed sooner or later. And it may be a tournament game.

If the refs would call teams just grabbing him and holding him, he wouldn't have to pummel/swim move out of the hold and elbows wouldn't be an issue.
I am sure Vandy will gladly take whatever Oscar dishes out if it leads to their victory. Oscar's play seems to be getting dumber by the game.

Reactions: MbergCat
If the refs would call teams just grabbing him and holding him, he wouldn't have to pummel/swim move out of the hold and elbows wouldn't be an issue.
Exactly. This is like a nfl lineman trying to swim move to get off blocker.

This isn’t basketball that they are letting happen

Reactions: Lempface
BS. Dude was all over Oscar. Was he supposed to make his arms disappear. The Vandy dudes face attacked Oscar’s elbow.
It doesn't matter what the guy was doing. There is no justification of Oscar throwing the head level elbows. It is simply hurting the team and he is drawing too much attention from the refs for doing it.

Oscar is the single cause of the Cats being behind at the half. His actions are totally uncalled for. We are back to forcing the ball to Oscar instead of rapid ball movement that will get players open for good looks at the basket.
Oscar hasn’t played great but he didn’t change the line up on a 12-0 run and he isn’t letting the guards get almost any shot they want.

When we play well oscar is a little away from the basket facing up and then is able to drive or pass, even today when he has done that we have been ok. But playing 1994 ball does get us in trouble I agree with you there.

If only there was someone in charge of the team that we paid $9 million to direct the players on how to run offense. That would be a big help.

Yeah. It sure wasn’t Cal switching the lineup out of a timeout when we were up 10 red hot
There were two five point moments in the game. 1. Reeves fouling on a made 3. 2. Oscar's elbow to the face that resulted in two free throws followed by a made 3. Cal had nothing to do with that.

Reactions: megablue
Well I wish I knew how to post a picture. That Vandy guy is literally hugging his arms all the way around Oscar so tight Oscar can’t move his arms. He puts his hand on his face because it’s literally the only place he can put them.

For those that can’t stand Oscar anymore, maybe you’d be happier if he just stood there and watched the game with his arms pinned against his side?

Oscar needs to be more careful. Cal needs to ride the refs the way Vandy is riding Oscar. Make them call something! It's like a rodeo in the paint.

Last edited:
Reactions: SemperFiCat
There were two five point moments in the game. 1. Reeves fouling on a made 3. 2. Oscar's elbow to the face that resulted in two free throws followed by a made 3. Cal had nothing to do with that.
We were on a 12-0 run up 10 points when Cal subbed out of a timeout and the momentum vanished instantly. Therefore, your statement about Oscar being the single reason we’re down at the half is completely false.

We were on a 12-0 run up 10 points when Cal subbed out of a timeout and the momentum vanished instantly. Therefore, your statement about Oscar being the single reason we’re down at the half is completely false.
I guess nothing else happened after that? We got two more 8 point leads before a series of stupid play by the Cats.

He was being hugged and the dude had his head in his shoulder. I do agree Oscar has to do a better job not pushing high

He’s been bear hugged the entire half. You would get frustrated too.
The team is trying to win a game. If he gets bear hugged, it is up to the refs to call a foul. If they don't, Oscar shouldn't make the situation worse by committing flagrant fouls.

Last edited:
Reactions: megablue
Oscar is now borderline dirty in my book. He's become a handicap. Can't control his emotions and it's something opposing coaches have noticed. Back to back F1's is not a coincidence. Some people need to take their blue glasses off.

Oscar is now borderline dirty in my book. He's become a handicap. Can't control his emotions and it's something opposing coaches have noticed. Back to back F1's is not a coincidence. Some people need to take their blue glasses off.
Agreed, but he's been getting bear hugged for 5 months. They're looking for his elbows but don't give a damn about him getting mugged

Maybe put the blue glasses back on. Or the red ones, green ones, whichever.

Planting Oscar under the basket is only preventing us from doing what we did against Arkansas which was drive to the basket.

Reactions: mattrudd
I'm not saying that a few haven't been accidental. But some have absolutely had intent. And I totally understand his frustrations. But he's gotta keep his head in the game. He's to valuable to get tossed out. And I promise officials are being told about it.
Can’t just stand there in a bear hug man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT