ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar's elbows

Jacob also needs to stop fouling other players elbows with his face.

This. The absolute inconsistencies in calls is beyond frustrating for fans so imagine being a player and dealing with it. You legit have no idea what constitutes a foul. Mugged under the basket? No foul. Brush a guy 40 feet from the basket. Foul. Its bullshit but there is no accountability and never will be.

I can tell you there hasn't ever been a returning NPOY receive such a horrible whistle as Oscar.

The big blue tinted glasses and the UK persecution complex are very strong with us these days.

He's gotten away with too much this year and last night it really came back to haunt us.

So you are ignoring the thousand calls that werent made when he got mugged
Nobody’s ignoring it. Oscar needs to learn to get through it. It’s obvious the refs aren’t calling the mugging on him. It isn’t fair but it is what it is.

Nobody’s ignoring it. Oscar needs to learn to get through it. It’s obvious the refs aren’t calling the mugging on him. It isn’t fair but it is what it is.
What’s the winning strategy here?

I think that’s the fundamental disagreement. No one wants Oscar to get a Flagrant 1 every game. But what is the proper way to “get through it”?

Either he has to 1) ignore it and basically allow himself to be eliminated from the play, or 2) try to physically remove the player draped all over him. There aren’t other options that I’m aware of.

Putting two hands on Oscar after a shot, with your head turned away from the basket not even attempting to grab the rebound, should be an automatic foul. The refs started calling it at the end, but Oscar couldn't take advantage of it at the FT line.

My biggest gripe tonight with Oscar's game was his free-throw shooting ,cost us 4 critical points down the stretch
Wasn't the only one. Reeves & Toppin 3-6 from the line and Toppin's misses down the stretch were critical as well if we're being fair. Those 3 combined for 62 of Kentucky's 73 points and nothing from the damn bench.

Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost
Dude has to stop that. It's not a coincidence. They aren’t accidental. Opponents now know he has a weakness with his emotion control and are now exploiting it. And I don't wanna hear that they are all over him. He simply can NOT retaliate with elbows to the head. He's gonna get tossed sooner or later. And it may be a tournament game.
He’s been putting hands and forearms in faces and necks for two years. I comments on how he was getting away with it all last year.

And it’s not all out of frustration it’s a bad habit when he blocks out, he goes high with is hands everytime and extends then to block out instead of using his body.

Reactions: mattrudd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT