ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Tshiebwe transfers to Kentucky

We just landed a big time transfer, yet here you are bellyaching.
Where have I been "bellyaching", blue belly? I'm actually very excited to get Oscar. And we didn't just get him. He'd been locked up for a bit. I'm not sure why he got the rep at WVU for being lazy. In high school he was regarded as the hardest-working prospect. Maybe Cal can get him motivated. He's just what we need in the middle.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Another potentially great aspect of having Tshiebwe in the fold is that Collins can be allowed to develop with less pressure to produce right away.

Reactions: Fox2monk
34f85cbd-bd88-4bfd-9734-23a2ab2c573b_1.897e554098d655a4d39ccb8870764ccb.jpeg

The whole situation with a mid season transfer seems weird. Is tshweibe gonna enroll and practice or what? I mean that would be a big deal if he practices

Yep, he is already enrolled for this semester and will be on campus within a week or so. Will practice with the team and be eligible to play at the start of the next season.

This board has turned into pure trash the past month. Gone are the days of good discussion and thought provoking posts. Now, we have posters calling other posters retarded, morons and stupid because they don't have the same opinion on cal. Morg got banned for calling cal a name. Posters make threads calling out other posters or dig up old threads when cal wins a game.
It's a two-way street. I myself don't get into name-calling or any of that BS and drama, but there are plenty on here that attack people and dig up old post after a loss and call anyone trying to stay the course with the team especially 5-8 games into the season early on gets called a sunshine pumper. Just saying, there is a divide on here similar to the country. Neither side is probably 100% right and the truth more than likely lies in the middle.

It would be nice to see facts, people being rational, and having actual BB discussions instead of agendas and drama.

As for Oscar, one hell of a pick-up and a body type we haven't had much lately. I expect big things from him and his rebounding. The guy is amazing at offensive rebounding.

It's a two-way street. I myself don't get into name-calling or any of that BS and drama, but there are plenty on here that attack people and dig up old post after a loss and call anyone trying to stay the course with the team especially 5-8 games into the season early on gets called a sunshine pumper. Just saying, there is a divide on here similar to the country. Neither side is probably 100% right and the truth more than likely lies in the middle.

It would be nice to see facts, people being rational, and having actual BB discussions instead of agendas and drama.
amen bro

Is that right ? I didn't think this year counts. Is he a sophomore now?
This is his Soph year, but this year doesn't count towards anyone. So Next year will be like his Soph year, eligibility-wise, but of course, he won't need 3 years at UK. He wanted to get this all done so quickly so that he could enroll at his new school for the second semester and not miss time. I assume he will be able to practice and they have already said he will be able to play immediately to begin 2021-2022.
Technically Sarr and Mintz could return next year. Maybe Mintz will. This year Allen is a red-shirt Freshman and next year he will once again be a Freshman, at least he will still have 4 years left which is awesome.

Really stoked to get him. He was a guy I really wanted when we were recruiting him because he's a grown man, which we're usually lacking on. Give me one of those every day of the week. No one's going to back him down or jump around him to get a rebound.

Is he eligible at the start of next season?

Really stoked to get him. He was a guy I really wanted when we were recruiting him because he's a grown man, which we're usually lacking on. Give me one of those every day of the week. No one's going to back him down or jump around him to get a rebound.

Is he eligible at the start of next season?
SEC refs already got him for a foul.

Dang, 1996 was a great year. Also, Chris Farley is a comedy legend. One of the funniest comedians of all time. Matter of fact, we watched Black Sheep just last night, after the Cats big W.

On topic, this is a great pickup. We really needed some muscle down low. As someone pointed out above, it seems if Cal is changing the direction of the program. We should have multiple players return next year: Askew, Toppin, Ware, Allen and Fletcher hopefully. Possible more.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I had a feeling UK might be interested since they did recruit him out of high school, but wasn't sure he'd choose a transfer destination so quickly. Hopefully he goes with the program, which is something he supposedly didn't do at West Virginia.

Big O will be a game-changer here. In a year and a half of BB, he averaged a double-double in only 20 minutes per game. I read his Freshman year he rebounded something like 25% of his offenses misses. He is a beast on the glass!

As far as those saying he might enter the draft this year and use our facilities. He was already working out in Miami, so I don't know why he would attend school if that were his plan. He entered his name in the draft last year but withdrew it and returned to WVU. This year he has dropped out of the Top 100 NBA so I don't see him even entering it. He knows he needs to come to UK and improve his draft stock. The way the NBA has gone his type isn't what they really target anymore. Like an Azibuke of KU maybe we get lucky and see him in Lex for a couple of years.

Will be great to have this guy battling with Sarr and others in the paint in practice, assuming he’s not soft. I’m guessing he isn’t since he grew up in the Congo. Gonna put a beat down on somebody.

Last edited:
Hope we get Askew back. I feel like he needs another year. I think Allen, Fletcher, Toppin, and Ware will be back. Could have a pretty veteran team next season.

Starters

G Askew
G Allen
F Toppin
F Tshiebwe
F Collins

Bench

G Hickman
F Fletcher
F Hopkins
F Ware

Need another guard or two, depending on what Askew does.

Love to get Caleb Mills from Houston, but I think he goes to UNC.

I know we always get surprises but we could end up next year with a roster featuring:
Oscar
Brooks
Collins
Ware
Toppin
Allen
Askew
Mintz-Can return, no clue what his plan is.
Fletcher?
Hickman
Hopkins
That's 11. We are still in the think of it with Sallis. Sarr can return next year and he and Oscar are completely different types of players, but not sure Sarr would. Kind of hoping he falls in love with it here and if we don't get it done in March maybe wants to return for another shot at it. Then there is our 2022 recruit Sky, but we might be full at PG. I mean sure Fletcher might transfer although why come back then? Mintz might leave for overseas, but why? Either way, we should have a good 11 or so next year.

I know we always get surprises but we could end up next year with a roster featuring:
Oscar
Brooks
Collins
Ware
Toppin
Allen
Askew
Mintz-Can return, no clue what his plan is.
Fletcher?
Hickman
Hopkins
That's 11. We are still in the think of it with Sallis. Sarr can return next year and he and Oscar are completely different types of players, but not sure Sarr would. Kind of hoping he falls in love with it here and if we don't get it done in March maybe wants to return for another shot at it. Then there is our 2022 recruit Sky, but we might be full at PG. I mean sure Fletcher might transfer although why come back then? Mintz might leave for overseas, but why? Either way, we should have a good 11 or so next year.

Brooks keeps playing like he played Saturday, he is gone. Can’t count on him being back.

Mintz and Sarr aren’t likely to return for their sixth and fifth years, respectively.

We can bet on Clarke and Boston being gone.

Jackson has shown enough potential, he’ll go.

Too early to tell on Askew. I think he needs another year.

I feel good about getting Allen, Fletcher, Toppin, and Ware.

Then add Hickman, Hopkins, Collins, and Tshiebwe.

Probably need another guard or two. Sallis would be a nice addition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT