ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Tshiebwe transfers to Kentucky

Brooks keeps playing like he played Saturday, he is gone. Can’t count on him being back.

Mintz and Sarr aren’t likely to return for their sixth and fifth years, respectively.

We can bet on Clarke and Boston being gone.

Jackson has shown enough potential, he’ll go.

Too early to tell on Askew. I think he needs another year.

I feel good about getting Allen, Fletcher, Toppin, and Ware.

Then add Hickman, Hopkins, Collins, and Tshiebwe.

Probably need another guard or two. Sallis would be a nice addition.
Brooks looked good but he isn't even on the NBA draft radar. I don't think he is in the Top 100 and I believe he likes it at UK and is smarter than EJ. Mintz, I get it, but why leave for overseas, he probably could have done that this year. He gets a free year not sure why he wouldn't take it, but for sure a big question. Askew is good but again not on the NBA radar and I think he is the type of guy that will go through the process and not rush it. Agree with everything else.

Hope we get Askew back. I feel like he needs another year. I think Allen, Fletcher, Toppin, and Ware will be back. Could have a pretty veteran team next season.

Starters

G Askew
G Allen
F Toppin
F Tshiebwe
F Collins

Bench

G Hickman
F Fletcher
F Hopkins
F Ware

Need another guard or two, depending on what Askew does.

Love to get Caleb Mills from Houston, but I think he goes to UNC.
no chance he goes to UNC. Roy came and watched him in high school and never offered.

I mean all these different sites or so different but Brooks is 98th here and Askew isn't even in the Top 100 so I would be surprised if they didn't return.

we could be looking at a super team next year....

Brooks looked good but he isn't even on the NBA draft radar. I don't think he is in the Top 100 and I believe he likes it at UK and is smarter than EJ. Mintz, I get it, but why leave for overseas, he probably could have done that this year. He gets a free year not sure why he wouldn't take it, but for sure a big question. Askew is good but again not on the NBA radar and I think he is the type of guy that will go through the process and not rush it. Agree with everything else.

I hope you are right on Brooks, Mintz, and Sarr. Not counting any of the three returning, and will be pleasantly surprised if they do.

I think you are right about Askew, he needs another year.

I could be happy with Askew, Sallis, Allen, Tshiebwe, and Collins starting with Hickman, Fletcher, Hopkins, Toppin, and Ware off the bench. That would be a excellent roster. Lots of returning talent augmented with some talented newcomers. That’s a recipe for success, IMHO.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Do you really think he will be here and play for next season? Or Cal send him pro somewhere? Seems if he was really good he'd go pro

I hope you are right on Brooks, Mintz, and Sarr. Not counting any of the three returning, and will be pleasantly surprised if they do.

I think you are right about Askew, he needs another year.

I could be happy with Askew, Sallis, Allen, Tshiebwe, and Collins starting with Hickman, Fletcher, Hopkins, Toppin, and Ware off the bench. That would be a excellent roster. Lots of returning talent augmented with some talented newcomers. That’s a recipe for success, IMHO.
I mean don't get me wrong Sarr is a long shot, but he can return if he wants and he looks to still be outside of the 2nd round, but on some draft boards. But again I know Sarr is a long shot but man it would be amazing to see him and Oscar out there together. Sarr can play away from the basket so well they could exist together. I mean Brooks isn't getting drafted after this year so I would hope he would return. Mintz, I just don't know what his plans are. I don't think he will ever be an NBA player but overseas for sure. He gets a free year so maybe he takes it.

Reactions: Fox2monk
1. UK has nearly 100% of the time in our tweeners to leave for NBA vs coming back. Jackson, Brooks, Boston and Clarke will be gone...sort of makes no sense to assume otherwise.
2. The best case scenario of roster next year is:

PG: Askew Hickman
SG: Allen and maybe Sallis or another recruit...maybe Skyy Clark reclassifies
SF: Toppin and Fletcher
PF: Ware and Hopkins
C: Tshiebwe and Collns

I can see grabbing another guard/wing off transfer route as well is about how I see the roster shaping up.

• Sad
Reactions: RunninRichie
1. UK has nearly 100% of the time in our tweeners to leave for NBA vs coming back. Jackson, Brooks, Boston and Clarke will be gone...sort of makes no sense to assume otherwise.

I can see grabbing another guard/wing off transfer route as well is about how I see the roster shaping up.
Jackson stands nothing to gain by leaving this year. Unlike Montgomery, he could actually become a top 20 pick by returning.

Gonna be loaded at the 4/5 with Oscar, Collins, Toppin, Ware. Does Cal take another big man if one pops up or are we set? I've heard Jalen Duren likes Kentucky, you would have to think if he reclassifies it would be too crowded here, hopefully not.
What do you do if Jackson or Brooks returns is my question? Does Ware potentially transfer at that point?

Hopkins is also a PF.

Reactions: bigblue1971
Jackson stands nothing to gain by leaving this year. Unlike Montgomery, he could actually become a top 20 pick by returning.
What did EJ, Wenyen, Hami, Vanderbilt, Briscoe, Humphries, Hagans, etc...gain by leaving when this all did? The reality is they were all partially sold on UK to get them quicker to the NBA and have that in their mind before they set foot on campus. Jackson may come back...or he may see Collins, Tshweibe, Ware and Hopkins and think twice.

I don't think it's really even close that Jackson comes back to be honest...Clarke might be the one most likely to come back when all is said and done.

Gonna be loaded at the 4/5 with Oscar, Collins, Toppin, Ware. Does Cal take another big man if one pops up or are we set? I've heard Jalen Duren likes Kentucky, you would have to think if he reclassifies it would be too crowded here, hopefully not.
Duren looks good

Reactions: UKhoopCat
What did EJ, Wenyen, Hami, Vanderbilt, Briscoe, Humphries, Hagans, etc...gain by leaving when this all did? The reality is they were all partially sold on UK to get them quicker to the NBA and have that in their mind before they set foot on campus. Jackson may come back...or he may see Collins, Tshweibe, Ware and Hopkins and think twice.

I don't think it's really even close that Jackson comes back to be honest...Clarke might be the one most likely to come back when all is said and done.
I'd love to have Clarke back for a second season.

What do you do if Jackson or Brooks returns is my question? Does Ware potentially transfer at that point?

Hopkins is also a PF.
That's a good point also. If Jackson or Brooks returns Ware may leave. Brooks probably would start over any of them at the 4 but Cal might play him some at the 3. I think Hopkins plays alot of 3 also but who knows. Definitely a good problem to have. Alot of moving parts after the season.

That's a good point also. If Jackson or Brooks returns Ware may leave. Brooks probably would start over any of them at the 4 but Cal might play him some at the 3. I think Hopkins plays alot of 3 also but who knows. Definitely a good problem to have. Alot of moving parts after the season.
Yea, front court and wings look pretty good, now it's just the backcourt. I fully expect Boston and Clarke to leave, so that gives us Askew, Allen and Hickman. If Clark reclassifies we should be set, if not, would be nice to keep Mintz around.

Reactions: bigblue1971
This board has turned into pure trash the past month. Gone are the days of good discussion and thought provoking posts. Now, we have posters calling other posters retarded, morons and stupid because they don't have the same opinion on cal. Morg got banned for calling cal a name. Posters make threads calling out other posters or dig up old threads when cal wins a game.
I wondered what happened to Morg. Need a petition to bring him back. I was worried he died (since he said he was very sick).

Brooks isn't listed in the Top 100 NBA prospects. He ain't going to do enough to advance that far. We are already a third of the way through the season. I believe he is smarter than EJ and actually likes it here and he gets along with Cal. I think Brooks returns. He may enter the draft but when he gets no 1st or 2nd he comes back. I also think Mintz might come back with the free year. I mean he isn't going to the NBA and he could have gone overseas this year.

Couple months of practicing with team & getting in shape, should be ready to declare for draft. very possible

We saw Saturday the difference in having a 4 that can actually do something with the ball. When Brooks pumped faked from the wing and drove into the lane and hit a cutting Mintz for a layup I shed a small tear of joy. Any lineup that has two offensive limited bigs concerns me. Brooks with OT would be awesome.

Brooks isn't listed in the Top 100 NBA prospects. He ain't going to do enough to advance that far. We are already a third of the way through the season. I believe he is smarter than EJ and actually likes it here and he gets along with Cal. I think Brooks returns. He may enter the draft but when he gets no 1st or 2nd he comes back. I also think Mintz might come back with the free year. I mean he isn't going to the NBA and he could have gone overseas this year.
Some posters do this very thing every year of creating scenarios why players would be crazy to leave....and every year dudes at UK leave early and couldn't care less about 1st and now even 2nd round projections. Be realistic, most UK dudes would rather take a shot at G-League or overseas than spend an extra year at UK...

I'm talking in terms of shooting. Neither is a threat from the outside although Collins might be able to develop into someone where you at least have to guard them out there.
That is a big deal. Last year we had Richards, he could consistently nail the 15 footer, now we have Sarr and he's good out beyond the 3pt line. That's a huge weapon to have. Hopefully Collins can develop an outside shot.

This is his Soph year, but this year doesn't count towards anyone. So Next year will be like his Soph year, eligibility-wise, but of course, he won't need 3 years at UK. He wanted to get this all done so quickly so that he could enroll at his new school for the second semester and not miss time. I assume he will be able to practice and they have already said he will be able to play immediately to begin 2021-2022.
Technically Sarr and Mintz could return next year. Maybe Mintz will. This year Allen is a red-shirt Freshman and next year he will once again be a Freshman, at least he will still have 4 years left which is awesome.
Mintz is the type of player Cal needs to bring back. Just like Hagans and EJ (and many more). He needs to find a way to retain non-first round talent until they are first round talent or they run out of eligibility.
There is something he's not doing correctly with kids like Hagans. Like maybe there is no set plan in place. Too many non-NBA guys leave way too early.
Get Mintz, Ware, Toppin, Allen, Fletcher, Askew and maybe even Sarr back. I doubt Sarr comes back, but if he's not a first rounder, he should.

This board has turned into pure trash the past month. Gone are the days of good discussion and thought provoking posts. Now, we have posters calling other posters retarded, morons and stupid because they don't have the same opinion on cal. Morg got banned for calling cal a name. Posters make threads calling out other posters or dig up old threads when cal wins a game.

I don’t even know Morg got banned but he was losing it a bit. Don’t agree with a permanent ban though. Is it a short ban?

Reactions: RunninRichie
He gets a free year, but he is still going to be a year older and the older you are, the less valuable you are to the NBA. That’s the rub.

Hopefully we get KB back though. Having a junior of his caliber is something we rarely see anymore.

Reactions: G-PIP
I'm assuming eligible this fall? Too bad; we could use him now.

thatd be awesome but he should help just for them to be dealing with in practice. Could help Sarr and Jackson really improve and get used to some more grown man physicality day in and out.

I mean all these different sites or so different but Brooks is 98th here and Askew isn't even in the Top 100 so I would be surprised if they didn't return.

Askew is a 3 year guy from the looks of it. There are a gazillion guards his size in college and most of them can take their guy off the dribble, Askew really isn't close to there yet. He can't get into the lane by himself and score.
He can hit the floater, mid range and the outside shot though, so he is putting in the work. He just needs to stay the course.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
34f85cbd-bd88-4bfd-9734-23a2ab2c573b_1.897e554098d655a4d39ccb8870764ccb.jpeg
Hell Yeah!

Actually I started that many years ago, making fun of rednecks calling in saying far Tubby. Looks like I started something bad. I apologize.
Nah, you're fine! You were the original. The innovator. The others took it and made it silly and cliché by overuse and use in the wrong context. That's not your fault!

Do you really think he will be here and play for next season? Or Cal send him pro somewhere? Seems if he was really good he'd go pro

I think he will assess his NBA chances like all of the Freshmen do at the end of the season . So I think there is only a 50-50 chance he actually suits up for the CATS next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT