ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar announcement at 5

No, not as of an hour or so ago. They are talking sometime this afternoon.

UK is working on updated NIL offerings for both Oscar and Reeves to try to persuade them to stay. But, for Oscar it's not as much about NIL as it is he is almost 24 and wants to start a pro career.

At this point, I'd be shocked if Oscar returns.
Oscar is receiving NIL money, so he should realize he is a professional albeit in "minor" league aka NCAA college basketball.

and NIL being used by Universities (all of them do it) to induce players to stay or sign? bad for the sport of college basketball.

So he says the Hornets workout went well and then decides to announce his decision? Now, I'm no Columbo but that doesn't sound like he's returning.

Really can’t blame a guy like Oscar for trying to go pro at this point in his life. He’s 23 (I think), played basically 4 years of college ball, won numerous awards/AA, and earned a degree. Nothing wrong with being ready to take the next step in life.

It’s the guys like Livingston that I find to be head scratchers.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
I was just told that UK's staff does not know Oscar's decision yet but they are operating under the assumption that he stays in the draft and will not return to UK.
Everyone else seems to know his decision.. thats my problem with all of this. Not that Oscar is leaving... but 2 months too late Calipari.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I believe this announcement by Oscar is a sign he is gone. I hope I am wrong. While other players ride off in the sunset not giving Uk and fans a second thought , not the Big O. He loves the fans and would the class to say good bye.

Hope he comes back. We really need him. An amazing example of a stellar Kentucky ball player and amazing human being. That said, I'm not sure we deserve him. Some fans have dogged him and belittled an amazing contributor. An embarrassment to Oscar and to Kentucky as a whole. I can see him wanting to leave that crowd in the dust.

Hope he comes back. We really need him. An amazing example of a stellar Kentucky ball player and amazing human being. That said, I'm not sure we deserve him. Some fans have dogged him and belittled an amazing contributor. An embarrassment to Oscar and to Kentucky as a whole. I can see him wanting to leave that crowd in the dust.
Oh stfu

I just.. I'd like to think Oscar has the smarts to know that the way he's announcing would be a gut punch to the fans, and if he was going to the NBA, he'd instead just make a quick Instagram post and be done with it. Doing it this way, where he's almost acting "excited" about his decision to leave, creating a special time slot to announce he's leaving.. I don't know, I guess I'm just surprised he'd do it this way. He HAS to know how low we are as a fanbase with the recent results, and how bad we could use him next year.

That's my false sense of hope.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
I just.. I'd like to think Oscar has the smarts to know that the way he's announcing would be a gut punch to the fans, and if he was going to the NBA, he'd instead just make a quick Instagram post and be done with it. Doing it this way, where he's almost acting "excited" about his decision to leave, creating a special time slot to announce he's leaving.. I don't know, I guess I'm just surprised he'd do it this way. He HAS to know how low we are as a fanbase with the recent results, and how bad we could use him next year.

There’s a part of me that feels like it’s a small parting shot to Cal.

Wouldn't you be excited to turn pro?

What's this? Cal caught once again with his pants down? Total lack of preparation from the UK coaching staff.

Trying to be like Rick but "behind" again I guess... Finally... UK needs some wins and not just on the court. Getting ri-dic-u-lous

Last edited:
I thought that Oscar had to do his work for NIL in the Bahamas and because UK is not playing in the Bahamas this year, there is some difficulty. I've seen others say that the games in Canada will not allow Oscar to make as much in NIL because Canadian laws are different.
He went to Congo to collect. Maybe he got paid in Bahamas too

will agree that he has been an excellent role model, but I believe that he has had enough of ccc and his mannerisms. Good luck to him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT