ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar announcement at 5

Can someone who understands his "visa" situation explain how returning to UK complicates things for his family?

I'm not disputing the "student visa" issue. People say it is complicated, and I'm not sure what it means.
I thought that Oscar had to do his work for NIL in the Bahamas and because UK is not playing in the Bahamas this year, there is some difficulty. I've seen others say that the games in Canada will not allow Oscar to make as much in NIL because Canadian laws are different.

It's a huge mistake on his part to hold a press conference to announce he's leaving. Would be better/easier to announcement you are leaving UK in a Twitter post.
He’s just not that impersonal though.

If he wants to come back I hope he does. Either way, he’s been a huge credit here. I wish him well.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Kinda funny that he didn't even announce his move to the draft,Cal did..but now he's got a set time to announce if he's staying in the draft or coming back for his last season in college..SMDH,gotta love the drama

I hope Oscar gets to leave because obviously he wants to follow that dream and deserves to.
Plus, I'm not so sure how much his heart would be into it should he come back.

Look it just seems like common sense. Why would you hold a press conference and leave. That would be a total f u to the fan base. I don't think he is that kind of person. NIL will play a role in his decision.
Fair enough, there seems to be a lot of smoke that he is staying in the draft, but I hope your right

In my opinion he was let down by his teammates (and coaches) in both his seasons.

The people that say “you can’t win with Oscar” are silly.

He’s a great person and a great player, hope he comes back.
Nah, Bulls shoulda traded Jordan when he kept losing to the Pistons.

In my opinion he was let down by his teammates (and coaches) in both his seasons.

The people that say “you can’t win with Oscar” are silly.

He’s a great person and a great player, hope he comes back.
The coach that turned him from a reject at Huggins U to NPOY let him down?

If you mean by not putting capable players around him, I agree.

Probably O leaving - announced at 5. Livingston leaving, announced via Twitter by someone at some point shortly after 5; Reeves announcing he’s returning to end the day on a positive. Could be. But hoping they all come back. Then again, Reeves could return but still leave if he graduates?

Look people, I’m just getting used to bad news. Hope they all come back and shock me.

Oscar announces that he is coming back to UK, Livingston announces he is staying in the draft and Reeves announces shortly after Livingston that he is also coming back to UK. Bad news is sandwiched between the good...Cal has known for a while, hence the reason why we have not been reaching out to many bigs...

Reactions: ukcat27 and AGEE11
Oscar announces that he is coming back to UK, Livingston announces he is staying in the draft and Reeves announces shortly after Livingston that he is also coming back to UK. Bad news is sandwiched between the good...Cal has known for a while, hence the reason why we have not been reaching out to many bigs...

Keep dreaming man.

I like this idea and hope you are right.

this makes total sense to me....thus you will be crushedvl by legion of doom

This is my thinking as well. I just don't see him leaving, knowing he may very well fall out of the 2nd round. Maybe I'm just hoping against hope, but I sure as hell want him back.

CL....gone, IMO.

Reeves....returning.

Getting those two back would be huge.

Reactions: ganner918
I think that all got ironed out this time last yr
I’m 90% sure a “student visa” limits family visits compared to a “work visa.”

My question is not related to NIL, but how it impacts his family. I thought I read somewhere after NCAA tournament that Oscar playing in G-League or NBA gave his family (mother) a lot more flexibility to visit states.

It
Look it just seems like common sense. Why would you hold a press conference and leave. That would be a total f u to the fan base. I don't think he is that kind of person. NIL will play a role in his decision.
An announcement to declare you're returning sounds pointless, at least to me.

I am OK with Oscar leaving. I think its time for both sides to move on.. But why did Calipari not resolve the decision 4-6 weeks ago. I understand loyalty to players, but these guy have held us hostage for 2 months.

Reactions: Catfan2226
I was just told that UK's staff does not know Oscar's decision yet but they are operating under the assumption that he stays in the draft and will not return to UK.

His projections are outside the 2nd rd.
He would be a moron to leave unless he has a guarantee from an NBA team in the 1st rd.
He will make more at UK while improving his game for the next draft.

I would imagine he will be told that he will be drafted but there may be provisions which he isn't told. For example, if Sam Smith (made up name) is still available, a team doesn't draft Oscar to take Sam. But, if Sam is already taken, they take Oscar.

I remember a Florida player some years ago having an experience like this. He was told that he would be drafted and he wasn't. Apparently, the team took another player they wanted more but wanted this kid just in case.

Reactions: ganner918
Because that's who Oscar is. He’s a different bird, he loves to communicate and is up front with people.

Ihm a huge Oscar T fan, I hope he succeeds wherever he goes. I really, REALLY want him back here, but I will understand if he chooses to leave, which is what I believe he will do.

He STILL hasn't told them?Strange.
No, not as of an hour or so ago. They are talking sometime this afternoon.

UK is working on updated NIL offerings for both Oscar and Reeves to try to persuade them to stay. But, for Oscar it's not as much about NIL as it is he is almost 24 and wants to start a pro career.

At this point, I'd be shocked if Oscar returns.

• Sad
Reactions: cornbreadnmilk

UK is working on updated NIL offerings for both Oscar and Reeves to try to persuade them to stay. But, for Oscar it's not as much about NIL as it is he is almost 24 and wants to start a pro career.

LOL you were told?

How dumb do you think posters on this board are?

Internet Refresh GIF

I am curious as to why if they have been working under this assumption then why have reached out to zero bigs other than Dickinson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT