ADVERTISEMENT

One of the worst calls nobody is talking about came on Bam...

kyups01

All-American
Feb 25, 2007
I think it was after we had the 5 point lead and blew it we were still up by one at this point. Bam was underneath in a one on one situation (if I remember correctly) and went up hard and you hear a clear/loud skin on skin arm/hand slap on the TV...no call..UNC then pushes it down the floor and gets a foul call inside, dude hits two free throws and they go up 1 and never looked back.

I watched that one a lot, and I can't see an obvious foul. I wish Bam would have went up stronger towards the basket in that situation. The refs get into these kids minds. Really hard to prepare for how these kids react to questions calls, which is where experience helps.

I watched that one a lot, and I can't see an obvious foul. I wish Bam would have went up stronger towards the basket in that situation. The refs get into these kids minds. Really hard to prepare for how these kids react to questions calls, which is where experience helps.
you could hear it plain as day where I was at...dont need to see it

I just cant wrap my mind around how this guy hasnt been called out by the whole damn world. Rarely do i blame officiating, I do sometimes but its rare...but man we got hosed and these kids deserved better than that and he should suffer some sort of consequences for it....suspension or make him at the very least aknowledge he was horrible! What do they do though? Announce him as a damn Final Four official!!!!!

I just cant wrap my mind around how this guy hasnt been called out by the whole damn world. Rarely do i blame officiating, I do sometimes but its rare...but man we got hosed and these kids deserved better than that and he should suffer some sort of consequences for it....suspension or make him at the very least aknowledge he was horrible! What do they do though? Announce him as a damn Final Four official!!!!!

He's being rewarded for doing exactly what he was instructed to do. They put us in the hardest region, with the worst matchups, and then, with all the upsets, it looks like the winner of our game may win the NC. So, they insert hatchet boy as one of the officials. After all, we can't let UK win another championship, and we have already done everything we could. All we have left is Higgins. Well, mission accomplished and now for your efforts on our behalf, you get to call the final four, to make sure that UNC wins it all.

Last edited:
I think it was after we had the 5 point lead and blew it we were still up by one at this point. Bam was underneath in a one on one situation (if I remember correctly) and went up hard and you hear a clear/loud skin on skin arm/hand slap on the TV...no call..UNC then pushes it down the floor and gets a foul call inside, dude hits two free throws and they go up 1 and never looked back.
That's what Ive been talking about, 90% percent of the time when you slap down it's a foul whether you actually foul not. It hasn't been that way all year for Bam, it's a no call in the refs eyes. The one with 20 seconds left is the one that I can't get over, Bam got it back but we lost the ball on alternate possession tie up after Bam getting hammered.

That's what Ive been talking about, 90% percent of the time when you slap down it's a foul whether you actually foul not. It hasn't been that way all year for Bam, it's a no call in the refs eyes. The one with 20 seconds left is the one that I can't get over, Bam got it back but we lost the ball on alternate possession tie up after Bam getting hammered.

And Luke Maye dove on top of Bam (a foul) to "tie up the ball" . Atrocious.

Reactions: c1doc and howercat
When almost every poster has a different "worst call", you know it was a horribly officiated game.
When your UL fan calls several times during the game because of piss poor calls. We are friends but he never gives UK inch and Sunday it was a different.

Reactions: howercat
I watched that one a lot, and I can't see an obvious foul. I wish Bam would have went up stronger towards the basket in that situation. The refs get into these kids minds. Really hard to prepare for how these kids react to questions calls, which is where experience helps.[/QUO [eyeroll] ! That is a VERY DIRTY WORD around here! EXPERIENCE? I hate how most react to that word! Several act so CHILDISH !! :popcorn:

Bam was mauled all night and Justin Jackson committed multiple fouls that were given to other nc players. Plus all the other missed calls. They'll try and cover it up any way they can but anybody who watched the whole game knows it was pathetic and blatant.

He's being rewarded for doing exactly what he was instructed to do. They put us in the hardest region, with the worst matchups, and then, with all the upsets, it looks like the winner of our game may win the NC. So, they insert hatchet boy as one of the officials. After all, we can't let UK win another championship, and we have already done everything we could. All we have left is Higgins. Well, mission accomplished and now for your efforts on our behalf, you get to call the final four, to make sure that UNC wins it all.
Thanks. I like it! John "Hatchet Boy" Higgins! GO CATS!!

That effin Emmert is the one who should be kneecapped

there were so many bad calls, not sure where to start.

Im not smart enough myself but I would like to see someone do a video or pic contrasting the touch foul on Fox out front that was, I believe, his 2nd sending him to the bench for the rest of the half alongside the mugging that he took by 2 defenders at the end of the 1st half that unexplicably didn't warrant a whistle.

Im not smart enough myself but I would like to see someone do a video or pic contrasting the touch foul on Fox out front that was, I believe, his 2nd sending him to the bench for the rest of the half alongside the mugging that he took by 2 defenders at the end of the 1st half that unexplicably didn't warrant a whistle.

i believe someone did a comparison of Fox's mugging and Jackson's fouled three comparison.

But i'm not a photoshop guy, so you'll have to ask someone else.

The worst call by far was the no-call on Fox drive at the end of the half. Stevie Wonder couldn't miss that call. I would love them to publicly show it to Higgins and have him defend himself. Hell, the whole crew should be forced to.

When your UL fan calls several times during the game because of piss poor calls. We are friends but he never gives UK inch and Sunday it was a different.
I live in Nashville. I work with a diehard UL fan. First thing he said to me Monday morning was that we got screwed over. Thought that was very telling.

Reactions: awf
The worst call by far was the no-call on Fox drive at the end of the half. Stevie Wonder couldn't miss that call. I would love them to publicly show it to Higgins and have him defend himself. Hell, the whole crew should be forced to.
I'll have to disagree. That was a terrible no-call but in my opinion the no-call on Maye's missed dunk was the worst. Fox was in traffic and they could simply say they didn't see the contact but there was no one around Maye when he hung on the rim for an obvious offensive interference. All 3 refs had a clear view and no excuse not to make that call.

Reactions: c1doc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT