ADVERTISEMENT

“Reed Shepherd just makes Kentucky better when he’s in the game.”

CincyUKFan

Senior
Dec 1, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
Jay Bilas recognizes it.

I’m not from Kentucky, so I don’t really care about the whole playing guys who grew up in Kentucky thing. I also don’t care what a guy’s skin color is.

I just want to see this dude on the court more because this quote is 100% accurate.

He is our best point guard. Best scoring guard. Best defensive guard. Needs 30mpg when we play real teams.

We will only have this kid for one or two seasons, and we need to take advantage.

Just to think, a lot of people were afraid he wouldn’t minutes this year(myself included). I even saw some People on here saying they wished he would go somewhere else so he wouldn’t get treated like Dante Allen. I love watching this kid. His daddy was my hero

Just to think, a lot of people were afraid he wouldn’t minutes this year(myself included). I even saw some People on here saying they wished he would go somewhere else so he wouldn’t get treated like Dante Allen. I love watching this kid. His daddy was my hero
He an’t no Donte Allen🤣🏀

Reactions: Rockfly78
I think he’s embodies what so many here have been longing for - an elite, pure basketball player. He is athletic, but he doesn’t thrive because of his athleticism. He thrives because he knows and understands the game, has perfected the art of shooting, plays fundamentally sound ball, and has heart and grit.

I think he’s embodies what so many here have been longing for - an elite, pure basketball player. He is athletic, but he doesn’t thrive because of his athleticism. He thrives because he knows and understands the game, has perfected the art of shooting, plays fundamentally sound ball, and has heart and grit.
I just keep praying Cal sees it that way.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Great analysis 100% true. Lots of posters never believed in him either

Dude has really unusually special instincts and feel for the game. Reminds me a bit of Tyler Ulis in that respect.

Reactions: ruppcat
He has shown what he can do from day one. Cal knows it, now everybody does, what a pleasant surprise. We all knew he had the potential, he does everything good.

Jay Bilas recognizes it.

I’m not from Kentucky, so I don’t really care about the whole playing guys who grew up in Kentucky thing. I also don’t care what a guy’s skin color is.

I just want to see this dude on the court more because this quote is 100% accurate.

He is our best point guard. Best scoring guard. Best defensive guard. Needs 30mpg when we play real teams.

We will only have this kid for one or two seasons, and we need to take advantage.
Several announcers have commented. People took it as an affront to (insert whatever player name here) when it is just obvious at this point Reed is the best basketball player right now.

Reed is a very special player, reminds me of some of early players under Coach Rupp and Hall. Very smart IQ on the floor.

bench shep

supportrockfights.com
It is fascinating how we continue to have people on this board try to find some justification for Wagner to keep starting and being the lead guard for this team.

To not start and give the most minutes to the best player on the team is utter nonsense. I am hoping that Cal holds Wagner out a couple of games and that Shepherd is spectacular again in those games. This will make it much easier for Cal to start Shepherd the rest of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT