ADVERTISEMENT

On to basketball.

Mike-D

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2001
WADD
Mark Stoops won't carry John Calipari this year. We are fixing to implode in Football. I don't see any sure fire wins left on the schedule, and we just laid a gigantic turd on the field at home tonight.

With that being said, will Cal get us back to Kentucky basketball?

Mark Stoops won't carry John Calipari this year. We are fixing to implode in Football. I don't see any sure fire wins left on the schedule, and we just laid a gigantic turd on the field at home tonight.

With that being said, will Cal get us back to Kentucky basketball?
FB is right where most of us thought they would be at 5-2
BB we have more talent then we have had since 2015

i root for both with equal passion

Good riddance to you. The foutball program is still the better program by far.

Do you ever go into the season thinking the football team has a better chance at a NC than the basketball team? Even with Calipari sucking the last few years, I still have a glimmer of hope for the basketball team to win it all. I never do with football. I hope for 8-10 wins best case.

Should be 6-1 and should’ve given Georgia a better game. JMHO.
After watching our somewhat uninspired play against lower level teams early on I really didn't think we would be 6-1. Definitely thought UGA was going to be a loss and not surprised to lose to Mizzou. Tough to see wins remaining on the schedule. My guess would be 6 wins as our ceiling this year. Seems like our team has fallen apart on both sides of the ball right now and can't see it improving much against the schedule we have left.

People still making excuses for Stoops blow my mind. At some point you have to want more from a top 10 paid coach then him making us better than we were a decade ago. At what point do we say, we expect a little more?? Do we just stay stuck in mediocrity because we never have been known as a football program?? Even tho our coach is paid like we are Bama, Clemson, UGA, Ohio State????

After watching our somewhat uninspired play against lower level teams early on I really didn't think we would be 6-1. Definitely thought UGA was going to be a loss and not surprised to lose to Mizzou. Tough to see wins remaining on the schedule. My guess would be 6 wins as our ceiling this year. Seems like our team has fallen apart on both sides of the ball right now and can't see it improving much against the schedule we have left.
Agreed somewhat. Still should’ve beat Mizzou at home. Especially coming off that embarrassing loss last week. Stoops play style sucks.

UK football is in a tough spot. We are just good enough that everyone has to pay attention to us. We don’t sneak up on anyone now. The big dogs like UGA have to be prepared and can’t overlook us. The teams like Mizzou come in ready to play because they know we will be a tough game. Teams like South Carolina look at the game as a chance to get a quality win. So everyone is paying attention to us now.

UK football is in a tough spot. We are just good enough that everyone has to pay attention to us. We don’t sneak up on anyone now. The big dogs like UGA have to be prepared and can’t overlook us. The teams like Mizzou come in ready to play because they know we will be a tough game. Teams like South Carolina look at the game as a chance to get a quality win. So everyone is paying attention to us now.
Stoops plays a soft ass style on both sides of the ball. Scared to death to play an aggressive style to win games. Slowest offense in the country is beyond ridiculous. 🤦‍♂️

Ok folks, on your left you’ll see a shinning example of KY fans dumping on their own teams.

When exactly did we become a fanbase of entitled quitters? Especially as regards football. This is the best run we have ever had.

I am the same as well. But, football is just much harder to get as excited about for me just given the format. If you're not one of the top teams in the country at the start of the year, it's extremely hard to make the playoffs and have a chance to play for the title. Have to play nearly perfect throughout the year. And, as we all know, we play in a nearly impossible FB conference.

At least with basketball, you know going in to the season that you will have a shot to win the whole thing come March. It's still an extreme long shot, but at least you get that chance that you really don't in FB.

BS. Everyone had us 5 and 0 and then a loss to UGA. Before season everyone thought Missouri a win so 6 and 1 is where we should be.

And to the OP the answer on bball is hell to the no.

BS. Everyone had us 5 and 0 and then a loss to UGA. Before season everyone thought Missouri a win so 6 and 1 is where we should be.

And to the OP the answer on bball is hell to the no.
no everyone did not
most people thought we would split the UF and Mizzou games............and we did

i do agree that we should have beaten Mizzou, we had the lead and momentum

I am the same as well. But, football is just much harder to get as excited about for me just given the format. If you're not one of the top teams in the country at the start of the year, it's extremely hard to make the playoffs and have a chance to play for the title. Have to play nearly perfect throughout the year. And, as we all know, we play in a nearly impossible FB conference.

At least with basketball, you know going in to the season that you will have a shot to win the whole thing come March. It's still an extreme long shot, but at least you get that chance that you really don't in FB.
it is very tough in FB to move up the ranking
even if one of the top teams lose an early game they will still be near the top at the end of the year

Ok folks, on your left you’ll see a shinning example of KY fans dumping on their own teams.

When exactly did we become a fanbase of entitled quitters? Especially as regards football. This is the best run we have ever had.
kenan-thompson-thats-really-nice-its-wrong.gif

This makes a lot of sense. In football it's just a certain group of teams we know that will be vying for a championship just about every season. In basketball it is more open. UCONN was given little chance of winning a title as the season started and some other surprise teams made the Final Four. 68 teams enter March Madness with hopes of upsetting teams and going as far as possible. We've seen Butler make surprise Tourney runs as well as others. Far less likely for something similar to happen in football.

If we need the basketball program to save us we are in trouble. Basketball is going to lose some games early

no everyone did not
most people thought we would split the UF and Mizzou games............and we did

i do agree that we should have beaten Mizzou, we had the lead and momentum
Most people thought we take care of business at home against both.

This team beat Florida and then got full of themselves and literally became the most undisciplined team in the country.

We have went from a possible 10-2 season to maybe not winning another game. There isn’t a sure win left on the schedule. It is absolutely ok for fans to be disgusted and disappointed.

People still making excuses for Stoops blow my mind. At some point you have to want more from a top 10 paid coach then him making us better than we were a decade ago. At what point do we say, we expect a little more?? Do we just stay stuck in mediocrity because we never have been known as a football program?? Even tho our coach is paid like we are Bama, Clemson, UGA, Ohio State????
You are 100% correct- Stoops is getting paid like a top coach yet UK is a 2nd tier SEC team, at best

Most people thought we take care of business at home against both.

This team beat Florida and then got full of themselves and literally became the most undisciplined team in the country.

We have went from a possible 10-2 season to maybe not winning another game. There isn’t a sure win left on the schedule. It is absolutely ok for fans to be disgusted and disappointed.
Most people thought win or lose during this stretch, we wouldn't embarrass ourselves, make tons of mistakes, QB play would be high, and our wide receivers would catch the ball.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Stoops is a victim of his own success but also his own big mouth/ego. 15 years ago we hoped we’d win a conference game. Now we’ve got people thinking we’re going to march into Athens and steal the crown.
Those people are pretty silly, Stoops is a good coach, he’s just not elite. He’s built the program about the best he could honestly. We just need to stop beating ourselves so much. It’s always been an issue under him though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT