ADVERTISEMENT

On to basketball.

Most people thought we take care of business at home against both.

This team beat Florida and then got full of themselves and literally became the most undisciplined team in the country.

We have went from a possible 10-2 season to maybe not winning another game. There isn’t a sure win left on the schedule. It is absolutely ok for fans to be disgusted and disappointed.

Yeah the other guy is FOS. I'm sorry but before the season the majority of UK fans were thinking 6 and 1 at this point because vandy, Florida and Missouri weren't expected to be good.

Reactions: -BBH-
Mark Stoops won't carry John Calipari this year. We are fixing to implode in Football. I don't see any sure fire wins left on the schedule, and we just laid a gigantic turd on the field at home tonight.

With that being said, will Cal get us back to Kentucky basketball?
Hell no . We will lose in the first weekend of the tournament.He’s another HOF coach in the death thralls of his career. Most all coaches stay in the game too long and Calipari peaked in 2015 . He will continue his downslide.

Reactions: Mike-D
Those people are pretty silly, Stoops is a good coach, he’s just not elite. He’s built the program about the best he could honestly. We just need to stop beating ourselves so much. It’s always been an issue under him though.

I agree. And I’d love to see Stoops break through what seems to be his ceiling. Always feels like his teams could be a little more disciplined but who knows.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I agree. And I’d love to see Stoops break through what seems to be his ceiling. Always feels like his teams could be a little more disciplined but who knows.
I think we all would, the years we win 6-8 games it feels like we could win 8-10, the years we have won 10 I wish we could get to 11 and have a legit shot.

Reactions: CB3UK and chroix
Alright! Looking forward to being disappointed by the second major UK sports team. I know the bar is high, but I'd like to challenge our basketball staff and players to be as completely unlikable for the upcoming season as the football staff and players are now (Ray Davis excluded)!

Eff you see…kay’d!
RmcvR.gif

Those people are pretty silly, Stoops is a good coach, he’s just not elite. He’s built the program about the best he could honestly. We just need to stop beating ourselves so much. It’s always been an issue under him though.
I agree but the problem is he is being paid like an elite coach- not his fault for taking the $$

Great that’s what I was saying things to Miss state fans after that blocked kick in what 92, 93 idk anymore, tired of this shit

Mark Stoops won't carry John Calipari this year. We are fixing to implode in Football. I don't see any sure fire wins left on the schedule, and we just laid a gigantic turd on the field at home tonight.

With that being said, will Cal get us back to Kentucky basketball?
Is that a joke? Look at his results the last 5 years. We have been a NCAAT juggernaut.

Reactions: Mike-D
Stoops is a victim of his own success but also his own big mouth/ego. 15 years ago we hoped we’d win a conference game. Now we’ve got people thinking we’re going to march into Athens and steal the crown.
I think there were a few delusional people that thought that. Personally, I just wanted to see us give UGA a game. And you should be able to beat freaking Mizzou. They are solid, but not THAT good.

Stoops is pulling his worst coaching job yet. And that's after getting a huge pay bump.

Yep no way a good team doesn’t beat Missouri at home next week after playing like that.
What's more frustrating is we came out exactly like we should have. And then completely crapped the bed after ABS dropped that pass on 3rd down. Which Leary put right in his numbers. Couldn't have asked for a better throw. Leary isn't great, but our receivers are straight up garbage.

What's more frustrating is we came out exactly like we should have. And then completely crapped the bed after ABS dropped that pass on 3rd down. Which Leary put right in his numbers. Couldn't have asked for a better throw. Leary isn't great, but our receivers are straight up garbage.
I agree, they have to catch his good throws too.

I think there were a few delusional people that thought that. Personally, I just wanted to see us give UGA a game. And you should be able to beat freaking Mizzou. They are solid, but not THAT good.

Stoops is pulling his worst coaching job yet. And that's after getting a huge pay bump.
It's not all coaching and attitude.
This roster has been vastly overrated.
The fact that Missouri got down 14 and said hold my beer to finish on a 38-7 run tells you they have plenty of Jimmy's and Joe's.
As far as the Georgia game, they handled us no different than the OOC team they play.
If Davis stays put at Vandy not sure this team would win a game in the SEC

It's not all coaching and attitude.
This roster has been vastly overrated.
The fact that Missouri got down 14 and said hold my beer to finish on a 38-7 run tells you they have plenty of Jimmy's and Joe's.
As far as the Georgia game, they handled us no different than the OOC team they play.
If Davis stays put at Vandy not sure this team would win a game in the SEC
Building a roster is part of coaching. As well as making adjustments to said roster to fix discipline and effort issues. And I'd be agreeing with you if we hadn't seen some of these issues before. After 11 seasons, it's no coincidence. Again, I'm not saying Stoops needs to go, but just like Cal, he needs to make some philosophical changes.

Mizzou has a very good offense. But our defense should've been able to handle and limit them. Heck we limited one of the best receivers in the country. Only to absolutely throw that game away.

I think we all would, the years we win 6-8 games it feels like we could win 8-10, the years we have won 10 I wish we could get to 11 and have a legit shot.
It comes down to discipline and mental toughness ,wish we had a little more of both.
Losing a game that we should win makes it all the more tough to take. A 2 TD lead at home on a less than ideal night should have been enough for us to manufacture at least an ugly win. The bye week comes at a good time, I fear we are on the verge of packing it in(as a team) Maybe Stoops can get a whole game effort vs UT, especially after their trip to Alabama. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if UT was a tad beat up after next week.

I don't think it makes any difference if UT wins or loses next week, we couldn't catch them at a better time or place. From a schedule and timing standpoint we couldn't be in a better position

Huge pay bump is the kiss of death 99% of the time.

You are 100% correct- Stoops is getting paid like a top coach yet UK is a 2nd tier SEC team, at best
Barnhart would be great to play poker against. He folds at every bluff. Did with Cal and with Stoops. he's like 'omg, we'll never get another coach!'

It comes down to discipline and mental toughness ,wish we had a little more of both.
Losing a game that we should win makes it all the more tough to take. A 2 TD lead at home on a less than ideal night should have been enough for us to manufacture at least an ugly win. The bye week comes at a good time, I fear we are on the verge of packing it in(as a team) Maybe Stoops can get a whole game effort vs UT, especially after their trip to Alabama. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if UT was a tad beat up after next week.

I don't think it makes any difference if UT wins or loses next week, we couldn't catch them at a better time or place. From a schedule and timing standpoint we couldn't be in a better position
We never beat UT wether we suck or they suck, or we are good and they suck. We always make them look like an amazing football team.

We never beat UT wether we suck or they suck, or we are good and they suck. We always make them look like an amazing football team.
Yeah I know, just saying schedule and timing are on our side.. The speed at which UT plays is something that will be difficult for us to deal with, at least we have some time to try and prepare for it. Maybe someday we will get over the orange phobia we have had for the last 70 years.

Maybe Stoops needs to go full Shane Beamer and kick something to get his team fired up this week

I try to live in reality. UK football will never contend for an SEC Championship, let alone National Championship.

The dudes these other SEC schools are bringing in annually are absolute studs. Not to mention all the 5 stars sitting on the bench, waiting for their turn. UK doesn't have multitudes of 5 stars like that, nor will they ever, to have a realistic chance at a conference or national championship.

It is what it is. Not sure why so many fans get their hopes up every year, when it is virtually the same every year.

I try to live in reality. UK football will never contend for an SEC Championship, let alone National Championship.

The dudes these other SEC schools are bringing in annually are absolute studs. Not to mention all the 5 stars sitting on the bench, waiting for their turn. UK doesn't have multitudes of 5 stars like that, nor will they ever, to have a realistic chance at a conference or national championship.

It is what it is. Not sure why so many fans get their hopes up every year, when it is virtually the same every year.
Kind of like here where we flame out in the first round each yr…and the SEC has gotten strong

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT