ADVERTISEMENT

On behalf of Dawg fans everywhere..

GA was just tired today, and it showed. I still think Fox can be a good coach.

fox is a terrible coach. i'll give him credit for finding a style to give you a chance to win games. but this brand of basketball is what brings down college hoops.

Georgia is a deceptively good job. Lot of talent in a small radius in, and around, the state. The SEC is a big money play now and a good coach with a salesman personality on the recruiting trail could do really well.

Thank you. Thank you for finally putting the last official nail in Fox's coffin. It could get worse with the next coach, but I'm willing to take that chance. Good luck to y'all the rest of the way.

Pretty sure you feel like some of us did near the end of Smith's tenure. Any names floating around?

Good luck in your quest...

5aa30e.jpg

Pretty sure you feel like some of us did near the end of Smith's tenure. Any names floating around?
A few:
Tom Crean (I know UK fans will laugh at that one)
Thad Matta
Scott Drew
Steve Forbes
Earl Grant
To name a few.. Who knows? I'm just glad this regime is likely over.

I'm not sure that I understand the hate for Fox, by the UGA fans. I understand that his recruiting hasn't been great, but, as far as X's and O's, I have always thought he was pretty good. If he could hire a recruiter, I think he would be fine.

I keep hearing this, but what is the reason we don't? What other coach could Georgia conceivably hire than has four Sweet 16 appearances in his career?
Sweet 16's should not be something that turns you on as a Georgia fan.

As was said above, Georgia should be a really good basketball program, but you need the right program manager/coach.

The amount of great talent that is within reach of Athens, GA is ridiculous. The program should be better.

Best thing your AD did was get rid of Mark Richt. Look what happened once a real coach stepped in.

Get you a good bball coach that can recruit and UGA should be crushing it.

There's a lot of coaches on the move every year. Trouble is having to wonder if that NCAA/FBI shoe company agent is around them.
Louisville wants to cut ties with Padgent. If Memphis doesn't want to swallow a buyout on Tubby then Hardaway is out there. Lots of talent comes out of Georgia. A coach willing to spend some recruiting effort could do well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT