ADVERTISEMENT

On a basketball related note ...

In a normal world, Hagans would be back. But in 2020, and with where his head has been, I think he leaves anyway.

What if the scouts tell him they need more consistency and his poor play in the 2nd half of the season has scared teams away and he will slide into the late second round...think he still gone?

What if the scouts tell him they need more consistency and his poor play in the 2nd half of the season has scared teams away and he will slide into the late second round...think he still gone?

I honestly can’t see how a scout tells him anything different than that. I can’t see him being picked anywhere before mid 2nd round at the earliest.

I just think he wants to leave, he’s had his mind set on it for months, and he’s going to go anyway. Like Briscoe did.

Sestina gone. Big guy, THANK YOU! I'm really damn sorry you didn't get that tourney with the big blue.

Nick, Hagans, Maxey are good as gone. Same for you guys. You came a long way. Love to see you back, really don't expect it.

IQ and EJ These guys will check things out. IQ, big year. Tough call for you. EJ look at all that cash Nick made this year by returning. Your chances are good to do the same.

In a normal world, Hagans would be back. But in 2020, and with where his head has been, I think he leaves anyway.

I think there is a slight chance he is...slight, but it is there. Imagine returning 2/3 of backcourt....

I honestly can’t see how a scout tells him anything different than that. I can’t see him being picked anywhere before mid 2nd round at the earliest.

I just think he wants to leave, he’s had his mind set on it for months, and he’s going to go anyway. Like Briscoe did.

True and hard to argue against that. Honestly I think the Nick and Quick campaign messed with AH’s head a lil bit too. This was AH’s team leading up into the season and pretty much the first half of the season and that all came to a sudden stop when his poor play started and Nick & IQ took over the team.

I honestly don’t know how I would feel about a Jr Hagans. It has been a roller coaster ride since he has been at UK...on and off the floor.

True and hard to argue against that. Honestly I think the Nick and Quick campaign messed with AH’s head a lil bit too. This was AH’s team leading up into the season and pretty much the first half of the season and that all came to a sudden stop when his poor play started and Nick & IQ took over the team.

I honestly don’t know how I would feel about a Jr Hagans. It has been a roller coaster ride since he has been at UK...on and off the floor.
I would for sure take him over freshman Askew.

Reactions: BassProCat
I would for sure take him over freshman Askew.

I mean he seems like a good kid and a hard worker. Kid plays his heart out 99% of the time. Seems like he had some “behind the scenes” stuff going on so I’m sure he wants to prove ppl wrong if he did come back. He would be a year older and that much wiser on the court(you’d think) so I’m sure he could have a good steady Jr season and could lead us to #9.

It won’t happen but this lineup would be the most talented team in the country

IQ
BJ
Clarke
Brooks
EJ

Askew
Juzang
Jackson/Ware
Fletcher
Allen

why do so many think Quick will return I can see him going over most on the team

Well IQ is sort of a throw back. He has a very high basketball IQ (no pun intended) but is not overly athletic, big AND most importantly hasn't really shown his PG skills.

Who the hell knows what will happen at this point but he is a 2nd round pick at best right now.

Cal is doing a good job these days of getting people to stick around.

In terms of today’s college basketball, leaving early all depends on striking when the iron is hot. Quickley just won SEC POY as a sophomore. His stock may be as high as it will ever be.

Personally, I think him coming back to play PG would be beneficial for his future in the NBA. He will need to handle the ball primarily if he is going to maximize his potential in the NBA, IMO. He is wired different than most kids so maybe he will stick around and try to graduate next year.

gone
Maxey
Hagans
Richards
IQ

50/50
EJ (only because Richards improved so much and EJ was starting to tap into his potential)

Will there be an NBA Draft this year?

I can't see these 4 kids returning: Nick, Hagans, Maxey or Quickley.

If he's smart EJ will take the Nick route and return next season. It would help him and our team. But, with the way these kids and their families think these days, it wouldn't shock me to see him declare and go undrafted.

Maxey, IQ, Nick, Hagans and probaby EJ are gone
JJ likely to transfer
Keon back
and......Sestina back because they extend eligibility to allow seniors who were robbed of the chance to play in the tourney one more year while in grad school.

JJ likely to transfer? Why would you say that? He was a pretty key contributor toward the end of this season.

You can find an expert to tell you most anything.
Yep , and we choose to believe what we want . I'll admit I have no idea how this will play out and don't really know what to believe. No one else does either but a lot won't admit it .

JJ likely to transfer
Keon back
and......Sestina back because they extend eligibility to allow seniors who were robbed of the chance to play in the tourney one more year while in grad school.
Your assumption that JJ is likely to transfer is asinine.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Your assumption that JJ is likely to transfer is asinine.
You could call it a leap or even a stretch, but far from asinine.
We have two top players at his spot. They are trying to change the transfer rules so players don’t sit out. what would you do if you were him and those things occur? I am just reading the tea leaves. I don’t want it to happen. I don’t hope it happens. I’m just trying to look at reality and what is logical.

Reactions: yoshukai
In terms of today’s college basketball, leaving early all depends on striking when the iron is hot. Quickley just won SEC POY as a sophomore. His stock may be as high as it will ever be.

Personally, I think him coming back to play PG would be beneficial for his future in the NBA. He will need to handle the ball primarily if he is going to maximize his potential in the NBA, IMO. He is wired different than most kids so maybe he will stick around and try to graduate next year.

gone
Maxey
Hagans
Richards
IQ

50/50
EJ (only because Richards improved so much and EJ was starting to tap into his potential)

Will there be an NBA Draft this year?

I can't see these 4 kids returning: Nick, Hagans, Maxey or Quickley.

If he's smart EJ will take the Nick route and return next season. It would help him and our team. But, with the way these kids and their families think these days, it wouldn't shock me to see him declare and go undrafted.

JJ likely to transfer
Keon back

One thing people need to think about is the fear that these kids and families have about overseas travel right now. In years past, we have had a lot test their luck on the draft, knowing if they weren't drafted they would just go play overseas for a couple of years. The kids now may have to rethink that. There is also the case of how long the scare stays in tact. If you are sure to be a first round draft pick, then maybe you go ahead, but even second round picks may rethink this as there is a chance you don't play at all next year. Even when things start to come back, the NBA will get it's cash product stable before turning to trying to promote and play G-League games. No play means no Pay for those guys.

Having said all of that, it won't surprise me if they all go, and it wouldn't surprise me if only 2 go. I think Nick and Maxey are the floor, with Quickley next in line, then Hagans, then EJ.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT