ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Roy: "Men's Basketball Has Not Been Involved"

I think Ole Roy already knows the decision by the NCAA. He has a right to feel good knowing his program is above the rules.

Exactly. When Roy was telling Brandon Ingram almost a full year ago that UNC wasn't going to be penalized, I don't think he was lying. I think he already knew the fix was in - he told this year's recruits the same thing.

Reactions: Blueaz
Kenny is pretty giddy too, I really thought they would have to penalize them, but after this it is looking like that we all feared is going to happen, they may not even get any type penalty.

If it was UK the NCAA would've wasted no time whatsoever dropping the hammer on us and we'd already be in year 3 of devastating sanctions that would cripple the program for the next 20 years.

This is such BS..... basketball not involved... is this a joke... the evidence is clear.

NCAA is so corrupt... if UNC wins the title and no punishment as well im done... I just wont support college ball untill the NCAA disbands... that means my wildcats too...i dont care if we go 40 and 0 next year (not going to happen btw just hypothetical)

Exactly. When Roy was telling Brandon Ingram almost a full year ago that UNC wasn't going to be penalized, I don't think he was lying. I think he already knew the fix was in - he told this year's recruits the same thing.
He was telling them UNC's lawyers were telling him UNC was fine. It gave him plausible deniability. Just like using Wayne Walden as his firewall to ensure his players were academically eligible while cheating at a monumental scale so he could say he had no knowledge. He may seem stupid but he isn't.

I fail to understand how UNC mens' basketball isn't involved when they had multiple players in sham classes over a near 20 year period with PROOF they were enrolled, didn't do their own work, and had grades given to them to keep them eligible when they otherwise would not have been.

The proof is there. How the ****in hell do you deny mens' basketball had nothing to do with it?
Jason - basketball doesn't teach classes or give grades. Therefore, basketball was not involved.

Reactions: awf
It is in no way, shape or form against NCAA rules to take a approved accredited course. It doesn't matter how easy it is.
The teams that will get in trouble are the ones that had grades changed, special favors to get players into those classes & the players that exceeded the number of hours allowed for independent study classes.

It is in no way, shape or form against NCAA rules to take a approved accredited course. It doesn't matter how easy it is.
The teams that will get in trouble are the ones that had grades changed, special favors to get players into those classes & the players that exceeded the number of hours allowed for independent study classes.
Fake classes. SACS has placed your university on probation due to those fake classes.

There were more than 500 grade changes at UNC. That's part of the record.

Arranged and "taught" by a secretary. Massive fraud that Roy participated in. I can't believe you have no ethics to understand this. Is this the crap you teach your kids? Cheat and as long as you get away with it, you are good.

Wayne Walden arranged players to take fake classes. Basketball was involved. Not sure how you can argue otherwise.
As addition Wayne Walden worked for the Academic Support Program for Student-Athletes. Basically like the CATS program at UK. If the CATS program did for Cal what Wayne did for Roy. The NCAA would have destroyed UK's men's basketball team and Cal would likely be show caused for 5 years.

Fake classes. SACS has placed your university on probation due to those fake classes.
At the time students took those classes they were approved classes. So what happens to all the regular students that took the classes?
The SACS never threw out the grades from those classes.

At the time students took those classes they were approved classes. So what happens to all the regular students that took the classes?
SACS required UNC to offer equivalent classes to those students or former students due to them, you know, being fake.

You can go ahead and admit you don't care as long as your team wins. I won't hold it against you. You're a UNC fan so you meet my expectations.

Kenny Smith has to be the biggest Kentucky hater on CBS. Barkley has always backed Kentucky and Coach Cal on CBS and TBS and both have arguments each year at this time of year over UNC. It was funny that he picking and saying how he loved the way OU and Nova plays and that is why he picked them yesterday. Barkley came back saying my first thought and he didn't want Kansas facing UNC in a potential Championship game. Barkley also said that Smith was happy to see 2 #1 seeds fall yesterday referring back to if UNC makes it to the Final Four.

So then the grades from those approve classes are valid.
They are valid because UNC says they are. UNC can say whatever it wants. UNC uses the system against itself. They were fake. I am sure you are very proud of your university for running a diploma mill for its' profit sports. Your school is pathetic and fans of teams that do not cheat should just drop out of this because this whole thing is fixed.

Lying comes easy when you have done it for 20 years. Congratulations on your phony national championships and denying young people an education for your enjoyment and self esteem.

Last edited:
They are valid because UNC says they are. UNC can say whatever it wants. UNC uses the system against itself. They were fake. I am sure you are very proud of your university for running a diploma mill for its' profit sports. Your school is pathetic and fans of teams that do not cheat should just drop out of this because this whole thing is fixed.

Lying comes easy when you have done it for 20 years. Congratulations on your phony national championships and denying young people an education for your enjoyment and self esteem.
So the grades from those classes are valid...thanks.

Emmett and Roy are doing their best to use Jedi mind tricks to mislead people. Problem we as educated college basketball fans have is we know the truth. Most college "fans" pay attention for three weeks a year and believe exactly whatever they are force fed during that time. Our only hope ( no pun intended) is the national media to tell the whole truth and make everyone aware of the facts that includes in a big way men's basketball-Indy

They probably got away with it for a long time by hiding it in the African-American studies department, which no one wanted to criticize out of political correctness, but once the cat was out of the bag they hurt not only the school and the athletic department, but the reputation of legitimate AFAM studies in general. They're going to have everyone angry at them by the time it is all over.

Yea, they gave up on trying to deny it anymore, now they just want to say the basketball program wasn't involved. I don't know, but seems to me when you had guys on your team taking those "classes" you can't say basketball wasn't involved. I'll bet it is messy and difficult because UNC has made sure it's difficult.
there is no way out of the 3000 plus "student athletes" none were bb players. then there is this.

Ten of the 15 players on North Carolina's 2005 national championship men's basketball team were AFAM majors. North Carolina coach Roy Williams told investigators he was "uncomfortable" early on about his players' heavy use of AFAM classes, but he denied knowing the paper classes existed without an instructor.

Williams said he asked assistant coach Joe Halladay to make sure players were not steered to the AFAM classes, and by 2007 their enrollments in the paper classes had decreased. According to the Raleigh News & Observer, Williams previously suggested publicly in October 2012 that players may have stopped enrolling in the AFAM classes because they have had other interests.

Wayne Walden, an academic counselor for basketball, told investigators he sent some players to Crowder and knew that she graded some papers.

Last June, former North Carolina star basketball player Rashad McCants told ESPN that he had papers written for him and that no-show classes helped keep him eligible. McCann's transcript showed that in his African-American classes he had 10 A's, six B's, one C and one D, and in his other classes he got six C's, one D and three F's, according to ESPN. McCant did not respond to interview requests by investigators.
Just my opinion tho. Emmert says the NCAA governing body cannot determine if the classes are fake that is up to the other schools. Hoping there is enough disgust for and outrage that the other schools make the right decision. when we get punished for a small amount of money (i think 1,500.00) SMU gets death penalty there may be some outrage if something is not done AFTER 18 YRS of cheating.

You mean like this special favor from Deborah Crowder to Wayne Walden?
Screenshot_2016-03-27-20-16-25-1_zps6fw2ntph.png

I believe mens basketball is going to skate based on what Roy said, his integrity has never been questioned till past two years.
He got caught for improper benefits infractions at Kansas,I wouldn't call his integrity "Top Notch"

ACC Coaches all seem to have a problem with telling the truth,Pitino,Roy,Boheim,and Shitchefski are all LIARS

Reactions: awf
That's why the NCAA is forced to call them "impermissible benefits", and that's what they are using to nail UNC.

Also, I find your "getting ready to watch the Elite Eight... what are you doing?" inflammatory and technically ban worthy.

UNCfan is an arrogant, unethical jerk. He comes over here just to flame and stir up trouble. He will get his.....

That's why the NCAA is forced to call them "impermissible benefits", and that's what they are using to nail UNC.

Also, I find your "getting ready to watch the Elite Eight... what are you doing?" inflammatory and technically ban worthy.[/QUOTE]
..I do too ban his ass like the do cat fans on their board....Where is the mods

Approved classes huh? McCants admitted he didn't go to class and made the Honor Roll. Lying has become so ingrained that you guys probably don't even know you are doing it anymore.

Ask yourself this and be entirely honest. If the exact same circumstances had taken place at UK, would you be making these same arguments, or believe the crap that comes out of your mouths. We all know the answer to that. And before you flip it, I can tell you that 90% of this board would not be burying their heads in the sand if we had done this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT