ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss game Coaching Matchup

Aug 31, 2012
Western Kentucky
One of the names I have seen people mention as a possible candidate for our next coach was Chris Beard. I don't know anything about him, but I haven't seen any discussions about the next game tomorrow from the standpoint of the coaching matchup. If this has already been discussed, please disregard!

Beard has been accused of beating up his wife. Was never proven, but that baggage is still there. Barnhart wouldn't even make the call.

He's one hell of a coach, though, and I fully expect Ole Miss to beat us tomorrow - our 4th L in a row at Rupp.

Beard is a good coach, but plays a style of play that the UK fanbase would have a difficult time accepting. Izzo-esque bully ball does not work for us, because we get called for contact.

Ole Miss seems to play a lot like Kentucky. Gambles on defense, leaves their man, gives up open looks. They do get steals. They rebound well but their bigs are not scorers. One is Sharp the transfer from WKU, the other is Cisse another transfer. Cisse is strong and a good rebounder, he and Sharp will block some shots.
I would think another high scoring game. They have guys who can score. The pg is a transfer from St. Peters... Uh oh. Flanigan, transfer from Auburn is streaky. Murrell is a good player, can score but sometimes disappears. Brakefield the same.
The team that shoots the best will probably win.

Beard is a Bobby Knight disciple. His attire has Knight's name as well as Ole Miss. I guess it's a tribute with Knight's passing.
My wife is an Ole Miss alum so i watch a lot of their games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT