ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss faked at least four injuries

Bluegrass79

Senior
Mar 4, 2008
What is this crap where teams are acting like they're hurt so they can stop the clock?
I mean I rewatch The Ole Miss game and I seen at least four times where I believe they faked the injury and one time where it was absolutely 100%.
Every time one of their guys got hurt he'd lay there for a few minutes, the trainers would come out there, and then he would get up and walk without any injury visible. These guys were coming back in the game afterwards.
Lane kiffin is a cheating little bitch and I guarantee you that's him doing that. Kiffin literally using fake injuries to stop momentum in the game or get his team time to rest.
💯

Ole Miss won't win anything significant with that mentality. Makes you appreciate programs like Bama a little more

Reactions: Bluegrass79
The NCAA is scared of the issue: punish one kid/team with an actual injury and it gets ugly.

I like the idea others have proposed: a certain amount of time spent on the bench for any injured player. . . to both protect him and the integrity of the game.

Maybe for a quarter.

I am glad this topic has become part of the Kiffin hate bandwagon this week, even nationally thanks to the funny video with the RB. But let's not forget that Stoops has used that masterfully over the past half decade, especially against the high tempo teams like Tenn and Ole Miss. In this game we didn't need it much but we are definitely not innocent either. I even think Rybka going down in the 2nd half that one time might have been similarly strategic

The NCAA is scared of the issue: punish one kid/team with an actual injury and it gets ugly.

I like the idea others have proposed: a certain amount of time spent on the bench for any injured player. . . to both protect him and the integrity of the game.

Maybe for a quarter.
I was brought up under the Jim Brown mentality, "never let your opponent see you laying on the field hurt." That said, Ole Miss opponents should do this all the time to slow down their hurry up, if it's allowed. I think UK did it once or twice.

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
What is this crap where teams are acting like they're hurt so they can stop the clock?
I mean I rewatch The Ole Miss game and I seen at least four times where I believe they faked the injury and one time where it was absolutely 100%.
Every time one of their guys got hurt he'd lay there for a few minutes, the trainers would come out there, and then he would get up and walk without any injury visible. These guys were coming back in the game afterwards.
Lane kiffin is a cheating little bitch and I guarantee you that's him doing that. Kiffin literally using fake injuries to stop momentum in the game or get his team time to rest.
💯
Tenn has a guy designated as their fake injury player on the punt team.. Jackson Lampley..

• Wow
Reactions: Bluegrass79
Everyone fakes injuries, including UK. Ole miss one was pretty egregious though lmao.

Loved the play by play guy making fun of them and calling it out when it happened.
Yeah, we can’t cast too many stones, we’ve been guilty of it from time to time. Think we might have even did it ourselves towards the end of the game. But Ole Miss was doing it multiple times on the same drive. It was patently obvious. If you’re going to fake an injury. At least limp or something when you get up.

Yeah, we can’t cast too many stones, we’ve been guilty of it from time to time. Think we might have even did it ourselves towards the end of the game. But Ole Miss was doing it multiple times on the same drive. It was patently obvious. If you’re going to fake an injury. At least limp or something when you get up.
When have we faked injuries?

• Haha
Reactions: 59coop
O.T. Question….on Ole Miss’s first scoring play they quick snapped before the defense even got back to the line of scrimmage. So knowing they were going to do that, could the d lineman just stay back and blast the QB or RB as soon as the ball was snapped? Penalty for offsides is still the same.

Maybe for a quarter.
I’d say until the end of the offensive/defensive series. Enough time to argue it’s for player health, and enough time to dissuade faking it.

The most pathetic one was the running back. Thought it very strange, like what they trying to do? Slow their own momentum? I can't ever remember a UK offensive player doing it. It usually only happens when the defense is trying to slow down the opponent's offensive momentum. I was half expecting him to ice his own kicker after I saw that. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost In FL
Everyone fakes injuries, including UK. Ole miss one was pretty egregious though lmao.

Loved the play by play guy making fun of them and calling it out when it happened.
Didn’t we fake one later in the game and it gave them time to review the play before Ole Miss could run another play? It was beneficial for us.

Reactions: cat tat2
Didn’t we fake one later in the game and it gave them time to review the play before Ole Miss could run another play? It was beneficial for us.
Yes but with how quick Ole Miss is to snap it was a necessary evil.
I will admit we have faked injuries in the past too but not on the level Kiffen does

I think Octavious went down after the fumble by the WR.

But that was a real injury (or at least he sold it well), and not the obvious flop.

Uhhhh,

See how subjective/difficult it is?!?

Of all of the causes we can take up this should be at the bottom. We have done this as much as anybody in this new era of fast snap offenses

The thing is there are fake injuries and there are FAKE ones. I don't recall ever seeing one quite that obvious.

GO CATS

Maybe for a quarter.
I'm surprised so many are onboard with this. You have to consider if Dane Key or Brown et al have a cramp or anything that would just take a couple minutes to recover from being basically ejected early in the 4th quarter of a tight game. There was a thread on the Ole Miss board of their fans expressing outrage over all the fake injuries..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT